Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)

This thread currently has 13,189 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 2, 2010, 10:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Almost all the names on the "Worst ever player" are mainly people who only played just a handful of games for Town and it's quite hard to judge a player on such few appearances.

I was just interested in which players who played regularly for Town over a number of years, people though were the worst.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 82
Poojah
December 2, 2010, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from psgmariner

Fully agree.

Great link as well - boring boring Sladeball! We have never had it so good since.

I never really got the Sladeball thing - in the main I enjoyed Town's performances under Russell. Yeah, there were some games which were poor to watch but that's more indicative of League Two football than a particular regime. I can remember us playing some pretty attractive, not to mention effective, football at times that season.

Problem was, I believe, given our swift demise from the second tier, that people were comparing performances to those of our Div One days - which is just unfair and unrealistic. With an insight into what was to follow, I genuinely think opinion would've been different.

Ain't hindsight a wonferful thing...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
psgmariner
December 2, 2010, 10:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Les Brechin
Almost all the names on the "Worst ever player" are mainly people who only played just a handful of games for Town and it's quite hard to judge a player on such few appearances.

I was just interested in which players who played regularly for Town over a number of years, people though were the worst.

Fair enough mate.

I will go for Antoine Curier then.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 82
ska face
December 2, 2010, 10:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from Poojah

I never really got the Sladeball thing - in the main I enjoyed Town's performances under Russell. Yeah, there were some games which were poor to watch but that's more indicative of League Two football than a particular regime. I can remember us playing some pretty attractive, not to mention effective, football at times that season.

Problem was, I believe, given our swift demise from the second tier, is that people were comparing performances to those of our Div One days - which is just unfair and unrealistic. With an insight into what was to follow, I genuinely think opinion would've been different.

Ain't hindsight a wonferful thing...

I think too many people had written him off after his first season and saw his tactics, ones that were efficient and did lead to enjoyable, attacking football, as an easy stick to beat him with, rather than admit they might have been wrong.

Town fans eh?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
MeanwoodMariner
December 2, 2010, 10:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from psgmariner

Oops wrong thread!

Whay is there 2 on almost exactly the same thing?!

To be fair, the game Ameobi played against Barnet felt like it lasted for 5 seasons. Ameobi's "performance" was nothing short of paedophilic, revolting, humiliating, racist, tragic, comedic and heart breaking. Not all of those things make sense. That's how bad he was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 82
itsnotcoditshaddock
December 2, 2010, 10:24pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Never in a million years is Tom Newey the worst GTFC player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 82
December 2, 2010, 10:25pm
not by the hair on my chinny chin chin
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
the people who say newey is crap are the same people who use to give danny butterfield grief
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 82
psgmariner
December 2, 2010, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

To be fair, the game Ameobi played against Barnet felt like it lasted for 5 seasons. Ameobi's "performance" was nothing short of paedophilic, revolting, humiliating, racist, tragic, comedic and heart breaking. Not all of those things make sense. That's how bad he was.

He really is a revolting, racist peado you're right.

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
Poojah
December 2, 2010, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
On the Tom Newey side of things, it amazes me that people slate him so badly without a word about his predecessor. Ronnie Bull, come on down...

Now there was a shít footballer - his performance against Bury away on Good Friday a few years back was both one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever seen happen on a football pitch. Honestly, if you'd have slapped a Town shirt onto a downs syndrome monkey and stuck him into the starting line-up instead, you'd have seen a creature running around with more method and intellect that day.

Woeful ain't the word.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 82
1mickylyons
December 2, 2010, 10:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from siy2k5
Danny Boshell.  Thread closed!

WHS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Worst GTFC player (to have played over 100 games)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.