7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 2, 2010, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Listening to the Qatar details i think it said as part of their bid they will dismantle stadiums and pass the materials over to third world countries once the competition is over......looks like Glentoran and Portadown will be in new stadiums come 2023!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
oldfootballer
December 2, 2010, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +21 / -2
Approval: +8
Quoted from Maringer
It is yet another example of amateurish English failure. We're simply not good enough at the bribery and corruption required to get ahead in organisations such as FIFA. The writing was on the wall when Sir Stanley Rous was ousted as FIFA President by Joao Havelange (who was, of course, extremely good at corruption) in a thoroughly corrupt vote over 35 years ago and we haven't had anybody good enough at corruption ever since!

I mean, just look at the people we have in charge of this type of thing - they couldn't bribe their way out of a paper bag!

For further reading I suggest:

Do we really want to be involved with a corruption that is continually going on in FIFA.

Lets organise our own tournament from world wise and show the crooks what we are all about, disgraceful we only got two votes
OLDFOOTBALLER

Read those and you'll be gobsmacked just how much the crooked scum who run FIFA have gotten away with over the years.

when the ball is on the ground everybody is the same size its what you do with the ball that matters m/http/thisis.co.uk/274236/signature/gtfc-soldier-aphanfc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
GrimRob
December 2, 2010, 7:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Chrisblor
Whereas Russia is a country full of racist hooligans where taunts towards black players at matches are rife. Some teams will only sign white players since signing dark skinned players will cause the fans to boycott the club. Don't be flipping daft. Of course it's down to bribes and corruption.

Their entire economy is based upon bribes and corruption. Their president is the former head of the KGB! I think we should leave FIFA and set up our own organisation,

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 67
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 2, 2010, 7:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
We could never have an alternative WC - our football is just as much in the pockets of the money grubbers as FIFA is. Just look at who owns the Prem clubs and look at the players in there.

They don't love England, they don't love the English, they don't love football .... they just worship money. The Prem is a ready made cash cow and the ones who feed it are the same fans who are now moaning that England is the "home of football" and that we should have got the Cup.

Can't these supporters see that they have made that impossible by being conned into this Sky controlled scam financed by oil money from America, Russia and the Middle East? They can't have it both ways - they want to see a Prem full of so-called international stars and that means giving away the England game. England is finished in football terms, sad but true, and it was the fans who blindly followed the club chairmen and the FA who have done it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
barralad
December 2, 2010, 7:57pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
We could never have an alternative WC - our football is just as much in the pockets of the money grubbers as FIFA is. Just look at who owns the Prem clubs and look at the players in there.

They don't love England, they don't love the English, they don't love football .... they just worship money. The Prem is a ready made cash cow and the ones who feed it are the same fans who are now moaning that England is the "home of football" and that we should have got the Cup.

Can't these supporters see that they have made that impossible by being conned into this Sky controlled scam financed by oil money from America, Russia and the Middle East? They can't have it both ways - they want to see a Prem full of so-called international stars and that means giving away the England game. England is finished in football terms, sad but true, and it was the fans who blindly followed the club chairmen and the FA who have done it.

Easily your best post ever IMHO

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
Meza
December 2, 2010, 7:57pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
I think we should who needs FIFA anyway.....i mean what do they put back in football NOTHING.....The World Trophy....hey i like the sound of that. The problem is how will the countires be decided as voting definately seems to creat corruption much like the eurosong contest lol....maybe all football authorities vote for the country that gives the best presentation...obvioulsy they cant vote for themselves......i guess brown envelopes will come out at some stage so there no getting away from it.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
psgmariner
December 2, 2010, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I'm annoyed we lost out but this all sounds like whiney sour grapes from people who didn't get what they wanted.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
GrimRob
December 2, 2010, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
I think there's room for another world body and potentially world cup. Rugby split into two games some time ago and more recently the abomination that is the Premier League was created. FIFA refuse to use technology but a new set of rules could be codified around it and other changes (I'd like to see a sin bin for example). It's probably not going to happen but if everyone hates FIFA and they contribute nothing to the game other than dinosaurs taking backhanders and clinging to power like Robert Mugabe, then why stick by them?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 67
WELLSY_GTFC
December 2, 2010, 8:31pm

GRIMSBY TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +2 / -3

Spot on That  100% Agree.

BYE FISHY PEOPLE
RIP 17.4.11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
rancido
December 2, 2010, 8:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from psgmariner
I'm annoyed we lost out but this all sounds like whiney sour grapes from people who didn't get what they wanted.

I don't mind losing but it all sounds very suspicious to me. Sepp Blatter said we had an " exceptional bid " yet we only got 2 votes. I can only conclude that either the Russian bid was so exceptional as to be unbelievable ( highly unlikely ) or that there is some kind of grudge against us. I'm not one to go into " conspiracy theories " but I think there is more to this than meets the eye. It's not as if Russia is easily accesible to visiting fans. As for Qatar I can see even less visiting fans so what do these choices do for world football.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › FIFA & The World Cup

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.