Les Brechin
October 22, 2010, 8:08pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from spacejunk1
they must have made debut at the game

There were a few made their debut at the Reading replay the round before.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
siy2k5
October 22, 2010, 8:09pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from spacejunk1
5000 plastic fish and i have not heard one on this post yet

They're inflatable, they can't talk

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
spacejunk1
October 22, 2010, 8:12pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
but what a story to tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
barralad
October 22, 2010, 8:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Caveman
Aston Villa, the first match of the season in 1947-48. We won 3-0 and Billy Cairns scored twice. It was the day they opened , for the first time, the 'Boys Paddock" which was attached to the Cleethorpes end of the Barrett Stand.

The attendance that day was over 20,000 and it seemed that half of them were in the paddock.When the game ended I was met by my mum and dad outside the ground and I was so bedraggled and dirty they could hardly recognise me.

Up to a few weeks ago I was quite proud of the length of time I've been going until I was chatting to a
great old boy who first watched Town eighty-three years ago. He is still a season ticket holder and his seat is towards the top of the Upper Findus. That must be some record.

Christ on a bike. How does he get up there?? I was only on Row L last week and had to make base camp somewhere around Row D

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
siy2k5
October 22, 2010, 8:26pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from barralad

Christ on a bike. How does he get up there?? I was only on Row L last week and had to make base camp somewhere around Row D

You just answered your own question

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
barralad
October 22, 2010, 8:34pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from cmackenzie4
can anyone remeber the west ham game were they beat us at home,i cant remember the year,i thinkl it was 1980 [ im sure they won the fa cup this year ] trevor brooking and phil parkes was playing,we got beat by 5 i think,i would like to hear if anyone was at the game and what the actual score was etc

It was April 81. West Ham won the cup the year before against The Gooners. Somebody called Cross scored 4 for them that day.

Just looked it up and there was a gap of three weeks between the two 5-1 defeats. I thought they were back to back. We won only one of our last seven or so games and that was at Wednesday. Makes you wonder whether the then board were panicking about the possibility of the Town getting into the First Division.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
barralad
October 22, 2010, 8:36pm
Mariners Trust
Grimsby 3 Newport 0. First game of the re-election season 68/69. Talk about false dawns...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
Caveman
October 22, 2010, 8:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +744
Gold Stars: 15
Sorry Old Timer, it wasn't.

This guy really was one of the best centre forwards - certainly one of the fastest - when I first played in Grimsby league football. He still has a great sense of humour because he reckons the bloody drum is the only reason people can't hear his heart thumping by the time he gets up to his seat.

I'm not sure but when Town have two games in a week he may stay up there for a few days to save his legs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
BIGChris
October 22, 2010, 8:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Richard

Everton in league cup classy winger 2 headed goals-he never scored with his head
the sad thing about this is the young kids wont have the kind of memories i have when they get older

Either my memory or yours is going as I dont recall either of Mike Brolly's goals against Everton being headers? One definetly wasnt
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › First town match

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.