Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

Drum banned from BP

This thread currently has 8,847 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
September 25, 2010, 11:26am
Guest User
Did the drum step on the pitch at Burton? If so, is it banned from B and Q on a Saturday? Forced off trains, fined, given community service and it's sticks plastered on the telewag?
Reply: 50 - 60
Grant
September 25, 2010, 11:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Marinerz93
It's a feeling we all have Grant but people will not pay to see gutless under performing players and let's be fair we have had almost 10 seasons of it.  Until the right players are brought in or/and the team starts going hell for leather, people will vote with their feet and that's the entertainment industry.  There is ways around sorting the atmosphere and I would wager almost anything to prove that allocated seating is the main problem, a debate we get into frequently.

Fair point and 10 season's is a long time and a lot of pain, despite my sadness and at times great disappointment I find the thought of not attending a pain to great to bear

As the pontoon crowd sing Neil Woods barmy army, maybe we are barmy to continue but that’s what makes us real fans and not plastic fans like some clubs have. Grimsby Town is a grass roots football club with one of the oldest stands in the country, it may be old and dilapidated but its ours and its steeped in history and for that I'm proud, proud to call Blundell park the home of the team I love.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
Marinerz93
September 25, 2010, 12:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Someone who stopped going to matches years ago said to me at the time that there is no drive in the council or boardroom to make GTFC a real success story.  They were the ones holding the club back and the club was being used as a means of kudos.  It's a great feeling being in the home end and being part of a vibrant and enthusiastic crowd.  I think the only way to address the seating issue is for those who want to sing is to get to the club early in the week and buy what seats are available behind the goal.  The club is painfully slow to capitalise on it's biggest asset, the fans.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
paulfcb
September 25, 2010, 12:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Approval: -1
Many residents were there before the drum.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
scrumble
September 25, 2010, 1:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
But none were there before the ground. Does the drum really generate more noise than 3000 Town fans, and can we expect to have chanting and singing band?

I'm sorry, but if you buy a house near a football ground, you know there is a reasonable chance of noise once or twice a week.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
ginnywings
September 25, 2010, 1:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grant
Another thought with regards to Tuesday's night match, can we all not push our families and friends to come and pack the stadium out? We can show that despite the drum being missing we will stand as one and sing our hearts out for the lads?

Results have seen some vote with their feet by not attending, maybe Tuesday for one night we can all put our feelings to one side and show the Blue Square Premier and Wrexham what Grimsby Town FC is really about! We may not always like what we see on the pitch, but we will always love and be fans of our club that is Grimsby Town, lets see that passion again at Blundell Park.

I know that some will say "Why should we pay to watch that?" Results hurt us all however I know that when I give blood I have Grimsby Town running through my veins and will remain a fan until the day I die. It breaks my heart to see us lose but you have got to have hope, without that what is the point of life?

New poster.

Are you Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
Marinerz93
September 25, 2010, 1:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from paulfcb
Many residents were there before the drum.

Where they there before the clackers, I'm sure several hundred of these made a damn site more noise than one drum.

Where the residents there before the dog excrement, I'd know which one I'd want addressing and that's because I'd rather tackle a constant problem than one that happens so infrequently.  Next they'll be petitioning the EU to have fog horns muffled  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
September 25, 2010, 4:30pm
Guest User
If the Drums banned for night matches then bring on the Vuvuzelas in replacement for night matches!
Reply: 57 - 60
Grant
September 26, 2010, 8:58am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
No I'm not Fenty and Vuvezela's?? That's not going to wind anyone up is it? I also believe that Town have followed suit like many clubs and said that they do not want them. I have to admit that they spoiled the world cup for me, first time I've not enjoyed or looked forward to watching it!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
arryarryarry
September 27, 2010, 10:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Who was the cockend banging the drum outside the ground about 1.30pm. What the frig was that for?
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Drum banned from BP

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.