No Members and 16 Guests

Greetings fellow fishy friends

This thread currently has 8,175 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
trawldoor
September 15, 2010, 10:11am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thank`s for the Pub info fellow Deckies . Looking forward to our visit should be home from home to us lot.Big links between the ports back in our halycon days with Grimmy lads settling in God,s little acre FD. Anyway can we get some nice Ray Nobs anywhere ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
ticker_1610
September 15, 2010, 10:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
I'm very suprised that we can't invite likeminded individuals from a sister fishing port into the Imp for pre match drinks! On our away trips we have been in numerous home team bars and pubs, with no trouble at all! It's a bit embarrassing really that a fellow fishing towns fans have to watch their backs and stay out of the Imp!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
ginnywings
September 15, 2010, 10:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from trawldoor
Thank`s for the Pub info fellow Deckies . Looking forward to our visit should be home from home to us lot.Big links between the ports back in our halycon days with Grimmy lads settling in God,s little acre FD. Anyway can we get some nice Ray Nobs anywhere ?

Riby street for Ray Nobs and Ginnywings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
stevieh
September 15, 2010, 10:33am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +6
Quoted from ticker_1610
I'm very suprised that we can't invite likeminded individuals from a sister fishing port into the Imp for pre match drinks! On our away trips we have been in numerous home team bars and pubs, with no trouble at all! It's a bit embarrassing really that a fellow fishing towns fans have to watch their backs and stay out of the Imp!

IMO It is a bit embarrassing that away fans from any club can't be welcomed into the Imp on matchdays, especially while we are in the BSP. The best part of watching Town away is visiting the pubs and mixing with the away fans before the game, almost always better than the game itself. I don't know whether it's because I don't look for it but I have NEVER had any trouble at any away game, not even Scunny.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
Paddymariner
September 15, 2010, 10:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from ticker_1610

I look forward to the next visit of Taaargers then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
Les Brechin
September 15, 2010, 10:55am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,700
Gold Stars: 174
This "home fans only" policy at The Imp is quite frankly draconian but like most things Grimsby does seem to be about 30 years behind the times.

I've regularly been in pubs close to grounds at away games and always enjoyed a beer and some banter with the home fans and I don't see why this can't be the case in The Imp, especially this season.

If it did happen though, no doubt some of our more neanderthal followers would spoil it for the majority.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
grimsby pete
September 15, 2010, 11:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ticker_1610
Have to try the new pea bung this week, as long as it ain't doing cheap offers for pensioners, god you'll never get a seat, the hainton n jug n bottle carverys are infested with em every day, crap food anyway!

One day you will be a pensioner son !  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
trawldoor
September 15, 2010, 2:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
My mate is in the fish game and his contact in Grimsby has told us to head for the Market Square in Cleethorpes. Where setting of at 8.30am by minibus for a jolly good day out. Like minded footie fans are more than welcome to met up with our mixed age group for a good drink and chat about the days when you could,nt get another Trawler in our respective Fish Dock`s. How sad that a once proud Fleet in Fleetwood, Grimsby, Hull, Lowesoft etc has had it`s heart ripped out due to bad foresight from the government in power at the time.
Anyway I used to stay at my Auntie`s in Scartho when I was little and thought it was quite posh am I right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
Lambretta Mariner
September 15, 2010, 2:35pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
Steels it is for me, and this is my phone screensaver!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
Les Brechin
September 15, 2010, 2:36pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,700
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from trawldoor
My mate is in the fish game and his contact in Grimsby has told us to head for the Market Square in Cleethorpes. Where setting of at 8.30am by minibus for a jolly good day out. Like minded footie fans are more than welcome to met up with our mixed age group for a good drink and chat about the days when you could,nt get another Trawler in our respective Fish Dock`s. How sad that a once proud Fleet in Fleetwood, Grimsby, Hull, Lowesoft etc has had it`s heart ripped out due to bad foresight from the government in power at the time.
Anyway I used to stay at my Auntie`s in Scartho when I was little and thought it was quite posh am I right?

Scartho(e) is one of the nicer areas of Grimsby but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's posh.

Now if you'd said she lived down Humberston Avenue I would have been impressed.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Greetings fellow fishy friends

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.