14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
wycombemariner
August 31, 2010, 12:29pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56

I originally posted at one nil down to a flipping pub team - we struggled but just about managed to beat said pub team, with a dubious peno.

The team is excrement, the individuals are good.  The tactics are wrong and there is no planB when 4-4-2 isn't working.  The Assisatant manager seems to do intercourse all, the actual manager also seems to do intercourse all, certainly from the sidelines anyways.  The same manager has been heard moaning in the paper twice already this season that we weren't up for the fight.  Well Neil, they're your players, they're your tactics and if they aint working then its your fault!

As I said on saturday, if we go on to win 5-1 its still time to sack him and all we are doing is papering over the cracks!  When we finish mid table after losing to the likes of Hayes etc, are the pro woods brigade gonna still want him for next season?  Will they intercourse!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 137
Citymariner
August 31, 2010, 12:42pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Quoted from wycombemariner

I originally posted at one nil down to a flipping pub team - we struggled but just about managed to beat said pub team, with a dubious peno.

The team is excrement, the individuals are good.  The tactics are wrong and there is no planB when 4-4-2 isn't working.  The Assisatant manager seems to do intercourse all, the actual manager also seems to do intercourse all, certainly from the sidelines anyways.  The same manager has been heard moaning in the paper twice already this season that we weren't up for the fight.  Well Neil, they're your players, they're your tactics and if they aint working then its your fault!

As I said on saturday, if we go on to win 5-1 its still time to sack him and all we are doing is papering over the cracks!  When we finish mid table after losing to the likes of Hayes etc, are the pro woods brigade gonna still want him for next season?  Will they intercourse!

Why do you see losing to H&Y etc. as a benchmark for being shit?

We are in this league through our lack of merit, they are there due to their merit.
We have a new team assembled over the summer, a lot of these teams we are playing have already gone through the gel stage and that comes across when they begin to dictate the game.

10pts from August - the most unsettled month really for a new team.
We are 3 goals away from sitting in the playoff place that 75% of this forum voted as the position we wanted to be in.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 91 - 137
ginnywings
August 31, 2010, 12:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
It's no co-incidence to me that Watt and Kempson (who it was agreed started the season solidly) suddenly start to look shaky when Bore and Ridley had to step down in the same game.

I'm also willing to bet that most of the goals conceded since have come from the wings.I know yesterdays was but i can't speak for Rushden,although listening to the radio,Samuel was getting a roasting ,which Bore probably wouldn't have.

Most teams would take some adjusting to losing both full backs with hundreds of league games between them to be replaced by a pair who probably haven't got a dozen starts between them.

Just a thought like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 137
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 31, 2010, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from theicenian

OR perhaps the mid-fielder Neil is chasing (as per his interview last night) is the answer to the problem.

Maybe. But the odds are that it won't and that seems to be the way of it. We will always welcome quality recruits but the problem isn't the players. Those who bemoan that it's only August forget that the previous lot of players (admittedly with other issues too) had exactly the same difficulty with Woods for over half a season - he doesn't seem to have any clear battle plan. Or if he does he can't seem to get the troops to understand it.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 137
Citymariner
August 31, 2010, 1:00pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Quoted from ginnywings
It's no co-incidence to me that Watt and Kempson (who it was agreed started the season solidly) suddenly start to look shaky when Bore and Ridley had to step down in the same game.

I'm also willing to bet that most of the goals conceded since have come from the wings.I know yesterdays was but i can't speak for Rushden,although listening to the radio,Samuel was getting a roasting ,which Bore probably wouldn't have.

Most teams would take some adjusting to losing both full backs with hundreds of league games between them to be replaced by a pair who probably haven't got a dozen starts between them.

Just a thought like.

2 changes to the back will unsettle the best of them.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 94 - 137
Paddymariner
August 31, 2010, 1:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from ginnywings

Just a thought like.

I'm sure that Samuel's performance unsettled them but Wood was very solid at left back. All the goals came through the middle really except the first which was a free header from a corner.
What appeared to unsettle them more was the strength and power of Rene Howe. He is perfect for this type of football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 137
ginnywings
August 31, 2010, 1:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Paddymariner

I'm sure that Samuel's performance unsettled them but Wood was very solid at left back. All the goals came through the middle really except the first which was a free header from a corner.
What appeared to unsettle them more was the strength and power of Rene Howe. He is perfect for this type of football.

Yeah,he's certainly a handful and has a good record in non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 137
Paddymariner
August 31, 2010, 1:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah,he's certainly a handful and has a good record in non league.

I was quite surprised that he's still quite young. Any chance of Peterborough selling?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 137
Corkyefes
August 31, 2010, 1:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Paddymariner

I was quite surprised that he's still quite young. Any chance of Peterborough selling?

Yes.

But we wouldn't be buying.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 137
MeanwoodMariner
August 31, 2010, 1:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from wycombemariner

Constantly referring to Histon as a "pub team" doesn't make it true. It makes you sound pretty naive to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SACK THE flipping CLOWN NOW

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.