14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
August 31, 2010, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
the club just can't win...people sound like Newcastle fans on here, they don't know what they want, we sign the players they want then say it isn't very good, they moan about the midfield when Woodsy stated several times before the season started that that was an area for concern but he couldn't bring in the players he wanted for whatever reason...

It really is getting boring now...i like the winning feeling and to be honest, i don't give a intercourse how we do it, aslong as on a Saturday night or whenever after the match i can go to bed knowing we won and i can go to work smiling knowing that we won...you don't get bonus points for winning 20-0 or playing like flipping barca

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 137
jungleland
August 31, 2010, 11:46am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from theicenian

Heywood & Hope?

no these  lads are not that good
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 137
jungleland
August 31, 2010, 11:49am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Quoted from BIGChris

All summer long posters bemoaned the fact that for several seasons we needed a solid, 'meathead' type centre back. We were described as being intimidated at the back last season.

We get two such centre backs and we need some different types!

You couldnt make it up

chris  i can tell from your posts that feel the need to tow the party line ..  and spread the gospel  according to fenty ...   but honestly you have seen town this season how can you defend these two
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 137
theicenian
August 31, 2010, 11:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from jungleland

no these  lads are not that good  

That's better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 137
Paddymariner
August 31, 2010, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1
Quoted from BIGChris

All summer long posters bemoaned the fact that for several seasons we needed a solid, 'meathead' type centre back. We were described as being intimidated at the back last season.

You couldnt make it up

Those two looked anything but solid at Rushden. I'm not saying we don't need imposing CB's just don't think those two are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 137
mariner91
August 31, 2010, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from jungleland

chris  i can tell from your posts that feel the need to tow the party line ..  and spread the gospel  according to fenty ...   but honestly you have seen town this season how can you defend these two

We've kept three clean sheets in six games this season. Yes we let in four at the weekend but until it happens again I will steadfastly believe it was just a blip. We let in one yesterday but that was Wood's fault for dithering instead of clearing the ball. And we let in two against Hayes and Yeading one of which was a goal no team in the world could have stopped. So we've let in 7 goals in six games and if four of those goals were in the sort of game which every side has once in a while then its not really looking too bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 137
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 31, 2010, 11:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from BIGChris

You couldnt make it up

Half the trouble is the way the team is set up to play Chris. They don't know what sort of game they are supposed to be playing. In this league a pairing like these 2 isn't necessarily bad as long as the team has a decent midfield and full backs experienced enough to cover across the back. I don't know how fit Stockdale is but I'd bet he would make a difference to the back four.

The problem isn't Histon or Crawley or York ..... it's all the games as a whole. What's worrying is that Woods seems to lurch from crisis to crisis so the team lacks shape and discipline no matter who is in it. Most of the players are capable, they just need some idea of what they are supposed to do on and off the ball. I think it's called leadership or management or something like that.

Probably the best gamble Woods could make now is the try Wood in midfield and see if his sheer energy will help to boost the team while the manager decides on some kind of tactics that they can practice, follow and stick to.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 137
theicenian
August 31, 2010, 11:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1

Half the trouble is the way the team is set up to play Chris. They don't know what sort of game they are supposed to be playing. In this league a pairing like these 2 isn't necessarily bad as long as the team has a decent midfield and full backs experienced enough to cover across the back. I don't know how fit Stockdale is but I'd bet he would make a difference to the back four.

The problem isn't Histon or Crawley or York ..... it's all the games as a whole. What's worrying is that Woods seems to lurch from crisis to crisis so the team lacks shape and discipline no matter who is in it. Most of the players are capable, they just need some idea of what they are supposed to do on and off the ball. I think it's called leadership or management or something like that.

Probably the best gamble Woods could make now is the try Wood in midfield and see if his sheer energy will help to boost the team while the manager decides on some kind of tactics that they can practice, follow and stick to.

OR perhaps the mid-fielder Neil is chasing (as per his interview last night) is the answer to the problem.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 137
Biccys
August 31, 2010, 12:04pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from BIGChris

You couldnt make it up

Life on the Good Ship Fishy goes round in circles BC, you should know that by now...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 137
Citymariner
August 31, 2010, 12:27pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
I think Woods has brought some good players in. They certainly seemed it when we announced it.

The issue I have with his tactics is that we never seem to play our game. We are always constantly adjusting to the opposition. Isn't it time we set out our stall and have them adjust to us.

I want the man to succeed because I know he is passionate about the job.

People are saying it is getting worse each game, well I've only missed Darlington (A) and to be honest I can see where they are coming from.

Surely though, 10pts from August is acceptable? We should have beat York... We should have at least drawn v H&Y...

These are 'the ones that got away' happens in every league (MUFC v Fulham, Palace v Scunny ) to probably every team at some point. I'd rather they happen now, early on, than in March.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 89 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SACK THE flipping CLOWN NOW

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.