headingly_mariner
August 31, 2010, 2:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from wycombemariner

I originally posted at one nil down to a flipping pub team - we struggled but just about managed to beat said pub team, with a dubious peno.

The team is excrement, the individuals are good.  The tactics are wrong and there is no planB when 4-4-2 isn't working.  The Assisatant manager seems to do intercourse all, the actual manager also seems to do intercourse all, certainly from the sidelines anyways.  The same manager has been heard moaning in the paper twice already this season that we weren't up for the fight.  Well Neil, they're your players, they're your tactics and if they aint working then its your fault!

As I said on saturday, if we go on to win 5-1 its still time to sack him and all we are doing is papering over the cracks!  When we finish mid table after losing to the likes of Hayes etc, are the pro woods brigade gonna still want him for next season?  Will they intercourse!

Bringing on corner changed the game and we won from my view that was tactically sound.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 137
forza ivano
August 31, 2010, 2:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
i'm increasingly getting the feeling that we're the new wrexham and destined like them to hang around this god foresaken division for several seasons. alli know is that i've watched the crawely match where we were 2nd best to 10 men and the rushden game which was just the same old same old that i've been watching for the last 4 seasons. i don't see any improvement from newell's lot 12 months ago ,woods team of 6 months ago or a.b.'s team of 3 years ago. i'm sick to the back teeth of seeing our great away support constantly being served up  disorganised, cleueless performances and being played off the park and easily beaten by a host of mediocre teams. for samuels on saturday read boshell of 12-18 months ago or heslop 3 years ago. the anonymous gobern is the reincarnation of peter till or jamie clarkewhilst kempson and watt on saturday were not much better than watching heywood and hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 137
kamakazebear
August 31, 2010, 3:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Quoted from forza ivano
whilst kempson and watt on saturday were not much better than watching heywood and hope.

How long till Atkinson is fit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 137
TAGG
August 31, 2010, 3:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,973
Gold Stars: 123
For fuc k sake its 6 games into the season why dont you lot fuc k off and never go back to BP. Sick off you all just fuc k off

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 137
wycombemariner
August 31, 2010, 4:06pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
Cant be arsed to quote certain individuals, but...

I go to nealry every game home & away.  I just couldn't make any of the 5 so far this season - didn't stop me purchasing a season ticket though, depsite the man in charge of my beloved team, managing to take us down to the Blue Square last season, and who in my opinion should have been sacked for doing so (He should never have got the job in the first place).

I then decide that Woods will get my backing because of signings like Ademeno and Connell, there's no way these players will settle for midtable obscurity I thought, and the last 6 seasons of watching mercenaries rip our club off and not turn up every flipping week, thats got to be over to I thought....  Low & behold we're 5 games into the season and Woods has slated the team TWICE already for not having the fight in them, who's fault is that?  He needs to be shoving a flipping rocket up peoples arses, and it seems to me he isn't - and if he is it aint a big enough bollocking to be having any effect by the look of it?  That sbecause he's a Youth team coach, not a first team manager!  Maybe I shouldn't have called him a clown, maybe it was a personal attack but at one nil down on saturday listening to RadioHull, I was absolutley fuming.  As it goes my family knows Neil and Dave Moore, and I would say anything to their faces that I would say on here, obvioulsy with a bit more diplomacy, but why shouldn't I voice my opinion?  I don't agree with Woods tactics, I pay my money I'm entitled to voice my opinion!  All the undesrved win did on saturday was PAPER OVER THE CRACKS

I love this club, I would dearly love for Woods to be a success as it means we'd be back in the football League, but I can see problems now, that the proWoods brigade are happy to ignore.  I'm not jumping on a bandwagon just because we're three points off flipping Wimbledon for felicitations sake!  We'll jsut gloss over the diobolical performances at Rushden and at home to Hayes shall we?

Sorry for the rushed reply, hope it makes sense, and the spelling and punctuation police can kiss my bottom!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 137
BIGChris
August 31, 2010, 4:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Are you asking Mr Fenty for your season ticket back then Wikkers?
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 137
Garth
August 31, 2010, 4:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from BIGChris

Giggle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 137
wycombemariner
August 31, 2010, 4:48pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
No Chris, as I haven't posted it, luckily for me, its in the possesion of my old man, otherwise it would have been in the post on saturday evening!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 137
theicenian
August 31, 2010, 4:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.99
Rep Score: +60 / -13
Approval: -1
Quoted from BIGChris

Conjures up a vision of Wykeeeerrrzzs with his arm stuck in a post box trying to get his season ticket back.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 137
Limerick Mariner
August 31, 2010, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,650
Gold Stars: 136
The performance at Rushden was bad, but so were Rushden and as I said on another thread I don't think we'd have lost had it not been for the Arthur injury. However, not having a keeper on the bench is down to Woods. He isn't very streetwise as a manager and there is no doubt he is still learning the trade. Eventually, he may turn out to be reasonably good manager. Brian Laws was rubbish at Town, OK for the early part of his Scunny tenure and then started to build dynesty there that may ultimately compares with Town's 1978 - 1985 dynesty. I don't think Laws is a top class manager, but look where he is now.

With hindsight Woods was the wrong appointment but we are stuck with him. I think he might get us back up next season, can't see us doing it this season. He might eventually be a decent manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 137
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › SACK THE flipping CLOWN NOW

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.