Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
August 12, 2010, 3:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
how about this variation
                                                                   WAINMAN

SMITH (RICHARD OR DAVE)         HANDYSIDE           TODD          KEVIN  JOBLING

STAURT CAMPBELL           SANTOS       CALDICOTT      OSTER

JLAA  ANDY LIDDELL  (CONTROVERSIAL FRONT 2!)

SUBS - IAN KNIGHT, 'EDDIE THE EAGLE'SAUNDERS, PAUL AGNEW, MIKE CZUCZMAN, KEVIN KILMORE

Centre backs are too good surely? Jonny Oster was quality for us too and I wouldn't have wanted to see Richard Smith at right back.
Reply: 51 - 56
forza ivano
August 12, 2010, 3:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
yeah, but how often do they get in all time best teams ever - futcher ,justin whittle,mark lever and kev moore have usually got those positions sown up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 12, 2010, 3:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I always thoughts these were good players

andy peake
gary henshaw
gordon hobson

Gary Henshaw - came through the juniors with Lund, Wilkinson, Paul Agnew and Andy Moore. Very underrated and unlucky to be around when Lyons came and ruined him by stopping him from playing football. Went to Bolton I think.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
1mickylyons
August 12, 2010, 8:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56

Gary Henshaw - came through the juniors with Lund, Wilkinson, Paul Agnew and Andy Moore. Very underrated and unlucky to be around when Lyons came and ruined him by stopping him from playing football. Went to Bolton I think.

Always remember Andy Peake scoring a screamer on the first Friday night game id ever attended v Carlisle it just went about an inch off the ground like a missile from when it left his boot and gave the keeper no chance.Think he was our record signing for about a week then we signed Jimmy Gilligan lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
AdamHaddock
August 12, 2010, 11:26pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
...............Henderson
Hird R.Smith Zhang Gordon
Devitt Burnett Coldicott D.Smith
.........Cornwall G.Jones

Subs: Croudson, Chapman, Bolland, Jeffrey, Livvo

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
OrieNmaRtIn
February 13, 2012, 3:49am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I also considered Eddie the Eagle! Birdtables , Cunnington and especially Cumming featured in many all time x1's though Stick Neil Robinson in the midfield ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › NOT the all time best eleven

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.