voice of reason
July 15, 2010, 11:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from bradzmilne
maybe but surely he woul love it ? seening santa and that

Of course he would love it, personally though, I think you have to understand the position of the family in this, its one thing arranging for the season ticket and mascot thing but to start arranging holidays etc might just be a little too much for the family and could put them in an awkward situation.... Its not like they havee been raising money for Harvey they just wanted him to play football...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 93
bradzmilne
July 16, 2010, 3:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
has anyone tried to get contacts number - i will try on saturday if you want ?

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 93
mumbo
July 20, 2010, 7:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -1
bump
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 93
jock dock tower
July 22, 2010, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Please put me down for £10, have only just read this. This is what being a fan is surely about? How about starting up a scheme whereby similar causes can also benefit? Even a small number of fans donating £1 a month into a central fund would enable others to have the same benefit of Town fans benevolence. Twenty five fans each pledging £1 per month would secure sufficient funding for two packages each season. Ask the club if they'll match the funding as well, it would be a great way of the club and fans working together.
It would also be nice to possibly generate some good publicity after the debacle of Burton?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 93
mumbo
July 22, 2010, 5:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -1
wheres the posts going?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 93
1mickylyons
July 24, 2010, 2:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Marinerz93

I agree with Mumbo on this. I think it's great that a company are doing this, do we know if it has anything to do with the fishy?

I prefer to put money towards a season ticket because he would benefit from it for several reasons and any extra money generated can go towards a meningitus chairty.

I spoke to HR at Youngs and mentioned The Fishy also enclosed the Telegraph story etc and im hoping it is Youngs that have come forward when i recieved an e-mail back it sounded very positive so fingers crossed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 93
malkamalka
July 24, 2010, 8:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Has anybody actually contacted Mr. & Mrs. Phillips. If not, I can get a contact on Monday, but who do they need to contact - Rob?

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 93
Marinerz93
July 24, 2010, 11:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from malkamalka
Has anybody actually contacted Mr. & Mrs. Phillips. If not, I can get a contact on Monday, but who do they need to contact - Rob?

I guess it would be to ask if they minded fans doing a collection for him and if enough money was raised to buy the lad a seaosn ticket.  As mentioned above a company may be stepping forward with the mascot package.  If enough money was raised it may pay for season tickets for both Harvey and his dad.  

If they agree then maybe someone could sort something out with the club where they accept donations at the club shop for him in a collection pot.  That way people could just pop along to the club shop and put the money in.  The club may be able to accept donations via credit card too.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 93
Biccys
August 21, 2010, 7:57pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
So, Harvey got his dream today. Mascot and a complimentary season ticket from the club.

What does everyone wasn't to do ref their pledges on here?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 93
MarinerMatt24
August 25, 2010, 5:58pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +34 / -9
Approval: -1
Harvey is a brave and fantastic little boy...

i remember when we raised money for him at louth police cadets  

he's a good lad who deserves a good life...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MarinerMatt24[/url]

<*(((((>< <*(((((><

COMON YOU MARINERS!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › harvey phillips

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.