10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Shilts
July 10, 2010, 7:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +121
Hello,
As you will see I’m a first time poster on here – I’ve been reading this message board for a number of years now and find it a fantastic link to know what’s going on in and around the club, especially as i live in Thailand now.

A number of times in the past 4 years a thread, topic or particular post has moved (or more often incensed) me to almost register and voice my opinion, yet, for various reasons i didn’t.

However, after reading this particular thread I simply couldn’t let it slip by unnoticed. As the 1st poster states, i watched the clip on MW and don’t mind admitting it bought a tear to my eye also. What a courageous and brave lad.

It’s about time the club was seen giving back to the community in this way, such a simple offer will have cost the club nothing and roused no end of support – i know it has in me. I would like to know just who at the club it was that was behind this, as he deserves some credit too. Such an obvious thing, yet no Town manager or hierarchy have managed anything like this since Lawrie Mac.  

In this day in age of large faceless corporate super clubs, players with ego’s the size of Adam Proudlock and fans that have no real connection to the club – this makes me immensely proud to be a Town fan. If ever our players get complacent in their role or motivation is needed before a big game then Woods should simply play them this clip, if that doesn’t stir some emotion then nothing will.

At the end of the day, you have to feel for the lad, he had to suffer everything he’s been through, and now, at an influential age his old man is sending down the route of being a Town fan – if he hasn’t suffered enough already.

P.S. I’m happy to donate

P.P.S. Sorry for the long post

P.P.P.S. UTFM

"Nothing says party like a retro Ciba Geigy Town shirt bobbing away on an inflatable flamingo."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 93
cleemariner1
July 10, 2010, 8:24am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
il donate a tenner  

GRIMSBY TOWN...BSP CHAMPIONS 2010/11
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 93
Marinerz93
July 10, 2010, 9:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Welcome Shilts and no need to appologise for how you feel, it's what this message board is all about.  I know a at least 6 people who read this message board but have never registered, some intend to but are either too busy or a bit shy.  Some of the posters on here surprise me with their indepth knowledge or humility and that's what makes this board great at times.

You are also right that who ever was behind this deserves credit too.  There is a great potential at this club we have seen that sveral times over the years, 30,000+, 28,000+ and 25,000+ to Wembley proves that.  I don't think Woodsy will mimic what Lawrie Mac did but I have a feeling that he could go some way to gain valuable ground that has been lost since AB MKII left.

fishface - £50
Marinerz93 - £5 - £10
ska face - £5
Career Underdogs - £20
wigworld - £20
barralad - £20
bradzmilne - £20
mumbo - £5
ponnyfan - £5
lukeo - £5
topuphere666 - £5
cleemariner1 - £10

So far £175 (ish)

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 93
Rodley Mariner
July 10, 2010, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
You can stick me down for £20.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 93
mumbo
July 10, 2010, 11:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Tbh its cases like this that make me wonder, no matter how bad i get myself that nothing can hold u back or stop you. And its all due to little lads like this who show us 'grown ups' how to do it.

Will be awesome to get this lad a mascot package, and i agree with the others any left over should go to either a charity in his honor, or, and this may be well out here, but why not a donation to his family to go towards harvey cos surely the amount of care this young lad requires must cost the family too? I dont know just what came to my head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 93
darren9
July 10, 2010, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
If someone can organise this with the consent of the family (will the parents want him at a game or lad be bored of meeting the Town players lol) i'll happily donate, I lost a cousin to meningitis so its a cause close to my heart.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 93
Citymariner
July 10, 2010, 1:26pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Stick me in for £5.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 93
Les Brechin
July 10, 2010, 1:52pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,690
Gold Stars: 174
I'll throw £20 in too.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 93
Citymariner
July 10, 2010, 1:54pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
Must be around £200 now.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 28 - 93
Marinerdan
July 10, 2010, 1:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +969
Gold Stars: 17
Put me down for a tenner.

Do you know if the club could give him a squad number?

I've got one of the 100 club tickets so I get a free advert in the programme, I'll try and arrange something so they can use it to either put something in for a Meningitis charity or for something related to the story.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › harvey phillips

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.