Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Dear Players of Grimsby Town FC
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Dear Players of Grimsby Town FC

This thread currently has 195,641 views. Print
68 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
In Cod We Trust
November 12, 2009, 3:55pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from forza ivano

how much worse could they get dan? if they were proper professionals it might have a positive effect ; generally pro players don't like being made to look like idiots

I also would have thought that a pro wouldn't have to be told that we don't expect miracles. A little consistency, a lot of effort and a bucketful of heart is all that's required when you turn out in front of 4000 people who wish they had the talent and good fortune to be able to pull on that black and white shirt.

It means something to us and it should mean more to them than a series of numbers on their bank statements, going through the motions and hoping the team will carry them isn't going to keep us up. Hopefully they will see poojahs post and get any sort of reaction, if it makes them more half-arsed and inept than they already are then they really shouldn't be here at all.

Quoted from wycombemariner
5 years minimum if we go down, you mark my words!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 676
RoboCod
November 12, 2009, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from butbyskylight
I thought I'd pop in and say I saw this on a Washington Redskins (American football) forum. I was astonished.

I am sorry to say that though I am an American and an avid football fan, I am only versed in the larger leagues (ie the Premier League, La Liga) and have never heard of Grimsby Town. Good luck to your team as the season continues. It sound like you need it  

Wow, that's gobsmacking. Well now you've heard of us go ahead and adopt us as your favorite English footy underdog and spread the word  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 676
mike the mariner
November 12, 2009, 4:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: -2
Quoted from RoboCod
Quoted from butbyskylight
I thought I'd pop in and say I saw this on a Washington Redskins (American football) forum. I was astonished.

I am sorry to say that though I am an American and an avid football fan, I am only versed in the larger leagues (ie the Premier League, La Liga) and have never heard of Grimsby Town. Good luck to your team as the season continues. It sound like you need it  

Wow, that's gobsmacking. Well now you've heard of us go ahead and adopt us as your favorite English footy underdog and spread the word  

Shame there isn't a link with it.
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 676
Rhys_Mariners
November 12, 2009, 4:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +174
Gold Stars: 4
Just read it again , gets better , unbielevable how fans from other teams are posting on this saying how good it is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 676
Dan
November 12, 2009, 4:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from ginnywings

Who gives a fook what they think.They clearly don't care what we think.

Fine, but they're all we've got for the time being, so let's crush their confidence by focusing the whole sporting world on their inadequacies? good one.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 676
BRADLEY MARINER
November 12, 2009, 4:21pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Quoted from Dan

Fine, but they're all we've got for the time being, so let's crush their confidence by focusing the whole sporting world on their inadequacies? good one.

VERY GOOD ONE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 676
RoboCod
November 12, 2009, 4:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Dan

You mean it's ok for them to show their questionable inadequacies to the regular 3-4,000 odd paying fans week after week ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 676
lukeo
November 12, 2009, 4:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Can't believe how much the 'Letter' has spreas around the world, it's amazing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 676
Dan
November 12, 2009, 4:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from RoboCod

You mean it's ok for them to show their questionable inadequacies to the regular 3-4,000 odd paying fans week after week ?

Of course not, but talk of putting this up in the dressing room and so on, think that'll really help change things? I would say 50% of our squad isn't good enough. They know that as well as we do. We can't change it, and I doubt they can. If you was shown this letter about your ability in your job, would it motivate you? It wouldn't me. And if we want the players who aren't good enough to leave, fine. But who the hell are we going to replace them with? We've tried this time and time again (Newey and barnes spring to mind, who's replacements are hardly better)

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 676
lukeo
November 12, 2009, 4:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
I would hope they see this is as a bit of banter with a bit of seriousness in it also
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 676
68 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Dear Players of Grimsby Town FC

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.