Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 118,724 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barriner
July 12, 2008, 8:06pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Right after long last I am back, I took the routes as I said earlier. Through wragby on the way there and through market/middle raisen on the way back. Was a nice drive too.
I am hoping you all trust me on this one, but the way there (via wragby) is much better. It is 2.4 miles longer though at 40.8 miles. it is much flatter and roads seemed more peaceful with less traffic.
The way back whcih took us through binbrook was like a section of a rally stage, steep hills everywhere through binbrook, I am sure city mariners GPS will agree with me on that, very twisty but when in market raisen and onto the a46 it was very direct very flat and was even a nation cycle route in one place. At 38.4 miles this route is shorter but I think will be alot more tiring.

I would like some one else to try out the route I recommend just as a second opinion.
PM me for details of the route if you want it anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 370 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 12, 2008, 8:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Quoted from barriner
Right after long last I am back, I took the routes as I said earlier. Through wragby on the way there and through market/middle raisen on the way back. Was a nice drive too.
I am hoping you all trust me on this one, but the way there (via wragby) is much better. It is 2.4 miles longer though at 40.8 miles. it is much flatter and roads seemed more peaceful with less traffic.
The way back whcih took us through binbrook was like a section of a rally stage, steep hills everywhere through binbrook, I am sure city mariners GPS will agree with me on that, very twisty but when in market raisen and onto the a46 it was very direct very flat and was even a nation cycle route in one place. At 38.4 miles this route is shorter but I think will be alot more tiring.

I would like some one else to try out the route I recommend just as a second opinion.

thanks for that, can you pm me more details on the route so u can agree on it (you and josh) so i can let the police know our route.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 371 - 1487
July 12, 2008, 8:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from Citymariner
yeah i use dreamweaver 8, photoshop cs3 and paint shop pro X2

its so 'spangly' compared to the old days say 6-7 years ago!

all i can say is thank god for fast broadband and torrent sites - i could never afford this software!

You mean you don't pay for it?? Of course, as a Vicar I couldn't possibly steal software.  

Reply: 372 - 1487
alvinghammariner
July 12, 2008, 8:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from barriner

I went that way the other day, it's not too bad apart from Grimblethorpe (like i said earlier).

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 373 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 12, 2008, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from alvinghammariner

I went that way the other day, it's not too bad apart from Grimblethorpe (like i said earlier).

is there any way of avoiding it, although it does have a certain ring to it, being were doing this in association with Grimsby town fc

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 374 - 1487
alvinghammariner
July 12, 2008, 8:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
i can't think of a way to avoid it i couldnt on duke of Edinburough (sp?) but will try to find an alternative around there.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 375 - 1487
LH
July 12, 2008, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Bloody hell, I go to work for a few hours and come back to 3 more pages. Thanks to everyone who has contributed some more to this. Big news.

Morrisons have given me the day off so I can participate. They have also said we can do bucket collections, on condition that a couple of us go in and pack bags for a few hours. It's not really that harder work and will help us massively when it comes to a final figure.

They also gave me the day off on Friday for when I go to the test at Headingley, but that doesn't really matter much.
Private Message
Reply: 376 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
July 12, 2008, 8:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LH
Bloody hell, I go to work for a few hours and come back to 3 more pages. Thanks to everyone who has contributed some more to this. Big news.

Morrisons have given me the day off so I can participate. They have also said we can do bucket collections, on condition that a couple of us go in and pack bags for a few hours. It's not really that harder work and will help us massively when it comes to a final figure.

They also gave me the day off on Friday for when I go to the test at Headingley, but that doesn't really matter much.

Ill do the bag packing, its been a while since i been into a decent morrisons staff canteen lol
i want the staff rates tho not the vistor rates....talk about a rip off lol

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 377 - 1487
barriner
July 12, 2008, 8:37pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from lincolnsmariner

is there any way of avoiding it, although it does have a certain ring to it, being were doing this in association with Grimsby town fc

Its not too bad to be fair its nothing on the scale of binbrook, its gradual at the most. there is a way round it but its complicated and it could be just as bad we dont know. Its lots of little side roads may even be longer by the looks of google earth.
I will simplify the route as best as I can for you in the message, its quite nice its pleasing on the eye I will give it that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 378 - 1487
LH
July 12, 2008, 8:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
How do you do the bike to the bank sig? I just tried imgsrc ing it didnt work though.
Private Message
Reply: 379 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.