Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 117,483 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
August 24, 2008, 11:27am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,194
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Brazilnut
not sure if he is a confirmed rider but i do know he has been collecting sponsorship...Dave Wright ....came to last meeting and asked if he could ride ....i believe he is still doing it ....i also know  he would like to ride with me ....it makes him feel good seeing  me wheeze and cough by fuller street

Sat with Dave at the match yesterday. He thinks he's doing it. Is coming to the meeting on Thursday with all his forms duly completed.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1180 - 1487
NewtoN
August 24, 2008, 11:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
isn't the meeting on friday barra?

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1181 - 1487
barralad
August 24, 2008, 11:31am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,194
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from NewtoN
isn't the meeting on friday barra?

Oooops. yes it is. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to spot that. Well done Pike..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1182 - 1487
NewtoN
August 24, 2008, 11:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from barralad

Oooops. yes it is. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to spot that. Well done Pike..

i'm always on the ball

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1183 - 1487
Citymariner
August 24, 2008, 11:43am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
brazilnut,

i currently don't have info on Dave Wright, Jon may have it. Can you remember if he filled in a disclaimer and rider details.

If dave hasn't can you ask him to get the following to me via contact@biketothebank.co.uk

name
full address
postcode
medical history
Medication
Next of kin
Next of kin contact
bike required?

we will then need a signed disclaimer to be given in at the meeting on friday (at the latest the saturday morning!)

i'm sure i can fit another rider in my group   so get that info to be ASAP!!

i don't want to give too much info that will be given on the meeting on friday, however i understand some do not respond well to being talked out (aural learning) so he is a bit of info on the groups and how it will work on the day.

there will be 3 groups as you have seen above.

at 7am these will set off in staggered 5mins so,

GRP1: 7am
GRP2: 7.05
GRP3: 7.10

this will get us off grimsby road by the required 7.15. as you know there are also traffic lights so depending on the lights 1 group and support car will go through at a time. this should naturally put a little distance between the groups (still in view) but on traveling to grimsby with jon yesterday we were trying to judge the best gap between the groups so a car could overtake, slow down and tuck in between another group for example. we think around 6-8 car lengths between groups will give enough space.

i hope that explains things to a certain degree.

the itinery for friday night is:

1) Disclaimer and Rider info check
2) T-shirts (available on the night for a mesely £10)
3) Equipment
4) Route and Accident Hotspots - inc. detailed arrival at Sincil bank
5) Registering on arrival at BP (3 stations 1 for each group)
6) Groupings and group leaders
7) Support cars
Protocol for medical and mechanical emergencies
9) Full time departure procedure  

it would be great if someone had a projector and could bring one
also if someone is up for taking the minutes of the meeting that would be great too!!

rememeber its in the IMP @ 6.30 on the 29th August (this friday)
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1184 - 1487
Brazilnut
August 24, 2008, 11:55am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Dave took all releavent forms with him  and i will remind him he has to have all filled in  by Friday

one small question to everyone...the fishy t shirts commemorating the ride   ...are people planning to wear them for the ride.....are you planning on changing into them for the game so people know how you got there and if you go on pitch....or are they just keeping them for  a keep sake....cant spell prosperity  

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1185 - 1487
Citymariner
August 24, 2008, 12:11pm
Pontoonite
the half time pitch ceremony can not exceed 12 people for health and safety (there i go again   )

with the chairmen, reps from the charities, mascots, 2x lincoln fans, 2x gy fans, orgainisers getting more on the pitch is a no go unfortunatly.

so its up to you

for me, depending on the weather:

hot/sunny: long sleeved t-shirt and the bike t-shirt ontop
rain/wind: pro-wick top/ windproof jacket

on the bottom it'll be my cycle shorts, if its cold my long proskins over the top.

James,

i've stuck david wright with us and ahve done his laminated card for the front of his bike.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1186 - 1487
barriner
August 24, 2008, 12:17pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
is there still any fishy T-shirts left? if so could I have a large one please. I would rather wear it if we go on the pitch or for the photo's etc riding in it would get rather messy lol
LH you mentioned a base layer? whats one of them? do you recommend one and where from?

Oh last thing I still need a lift back to GY
thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1187 - 1487
Citymariner
August 24, 2008, 12:42pm
Pontoonite
barriner - what is your full name (PM) if you want then i can put you down for a t-shirt

Baselayers can be of 2 sorts

1. if you watch the cricket/ football you may have seen sportsmen wearing these tight fighting tops these help keep the muscles supported and warm
2. fast wicking material (i wear berghaus/ gill stuff) is a fabric designed to transfer moisture on the skin to the top of the material, the air travelling over the top then evapourates the moisture keeping you dry and more importantly warm - that moisture will turn cold as soon as you stop leading to possible cramp problems etc. the downside with the stuff is wearing something on top of a 'baselayer' is it reduces the efficency of the wicking material

intersport do a range of stuff as do Blacks.

i think LH has sourced some stuff from tesco if i'm not mistaken?

WE HAVE ONLY 16 T-SHIRTS LEFT - 15 AFTER BARRINER SENDS HIS FULL NAME TO ME - THEY ARE GOING FAST, ONLY £10!!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1188 - 1487
Brazilnut
August 24, 2008, 12:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Citymariner

on the bottom it'll be my cycle shorts, if its cold my long proskins over the top.

James,

i've stuck david wright with us and ahve done his laminated card for the front of his bike.

thanks for the dave wright thing

and the top line.....is that to keep warm or avoid embarrassment  if it is really cold

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1189 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.