Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 21, 2024, 4:25pm
11th May 1968 - Wilson scores against Swindon - Town go down
20th April 2024 - Wilson scores against Swindon - Town stay up

Just saying - hoped for this on a previous thread and received red crosses again 🫢
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 21, 2024, 4:59pm; Reply: 1
I quite liked Dave Wilson and Gary Moore, but of course they had to replace the venerable duo of your favourites Tees and Green which was a very difficult act to follow.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 21, 2024, 5:54pm; Reply: 2
Gary Moore was decent for us but his career really took off when he joined Thin Lizzy.
Posted by: rancido, April 21, 2024, 6:16pm; Reply: 3
I never really rated Wilson or Moore, who both came with high expectations. Of the two I thought that Wilson was the better player but Moore was a tall striker who couldn't really use his height. I seem to recall he scored a hat trick of headers against Scunnie at the Old Show Ground but I was convinced at the time they hit his head by accident lol
Posted by: Teesknees, April 21, 2024, 7:08pm; Reply: 4
Gary Moore was decent for us but his career really took off when he joined Thin Lizzy.

Didn't he marry Dave Booth's daughter and Phil Lynott was the best man.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 21, 2024, 7:27pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Teesknees

Didn't he marry Dave Booth's daughter and Phil Lynott was the best man.

He did (not sure about the Phil Lynott bit though) Dave Booth lived next door to my mate (oddly enough called Dave) in Holton le Clay at the time.

F****g great guitarist. Gary, not my mate Dave BTW.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 21, 2024, 7:53pm; Reply: 6
Gary Moore was unplayable in training but could not do it in front of fans.

Nerves ? or something like that.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, April 21, 2024, 9:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He did (not sure about the Phil Lynott bit though) Dave Booth lived next door to my mate (oddly enough called Dave) in Holton le Clay at the time.

F****g great guitarist. Gary, not my mate Dave BTW.

Sure you have the right player? Gary Moore left Grimsby well before Dave Booth arrived and I would guess he’s older then Boothy so be surprised if it was him who married the fair maiden!!
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 21, 2024, 10:43pm; Reply: 8
I suspect this is a thread containing a bizarre mash-up of both old town fans and rock fanatics who are just not on the same wavelength!!!

For what it’s worth, and I was a young ‘un at the time, I do believe that Dave Booth’s daughter did indeed marry the northern Irish guitar god, Gary Moore, and had the equally brilliant Irish rock legend, phill Lynott, as his best man, and the wedding happened somewhere around here.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, April 22, 2024, 1:02pm; Reply: 9
The wedding reception was at The Mill House in Covenham
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 22, 2024, 2:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ivanosandwich
The wedding reception was at The Mill House in Covenham

The wedding was at North Thoresby IIRC as that's where the Booth's lived at the time.
Posted by: denni266, April 22, 2024, 2:42pm; Reply: 11

Absolute genius of a Guitarist. I played a few of his tunes over the years.
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 22, 2024, 6:10pm; Reply: 12
Yes - Town sold Tees and Green to Charlton for around £20000 and bought Moore and Wilson for lesser sums - think Gary Moore was £8000.
Made up for it with Parisian Walkways though!
Posted by: TAGG, April 22, 2024, 6:34pm; Reply: 13
Hope Wilson stays
I rate the bloke.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 22, 2024, 7:08pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Heisenberg
I suspect this is a thread containing a bizarre mash-up of both old town fans and rock fanatics who are just not on the same wavelength!!!

For what it’s worth, and I was a young ‘un at the time, I do believe that Dave Booth’s daughter did indeed marry the northern Irish guitar god, Gary Moore, and had the equally brilliant Irish rock legend, phill Lynott, as his best man, and the wedding happened somewhere around here.

I expect they kept it a secret so the local narco squad didn’t find out about it…

Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 11:22am