Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 19, 2021, 10:25pm
My Solihull ticket arrived in the post today. In the envelope was a "Thank you for your order" printed on the usual Town ticket paper and an A4 piece of paper with a QR card on it. Is that A4 piece of paper my ticket? Seems like I'm missing the actual ticket here, or is this the same for everyone? Pics of everything that was in the envelope:

[img]https://i.ibb.co/qsLr3xK/IMG-20211119-221158211-HDR-2.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/YcJ2j74/IMG-20211119-221148008-HDR-2.jpg[/img]

Posted by: ska face, November 19, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 1
No that’s it, it’s the piece of paper.

Looks to me like an e-ticket that could’ve been emailed out rather than being charged £3 for postage but…
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 19, 2021, 10:28pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ska face

Looks to me like an e-ticket that could’ve been emailed out rather than being charged £3 for postage but…

Ah right sound, cheers mate. Does indeed look like that A4 bit of paper is just the PDF in an e-ticket, you're right.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 19, 2021, 10:48pm; Reply: 3
Mine arrived the same

I did want standing but got sent what looks like a ticket in a seated area?

Ah well

Looking forward to this one and hoping they will be completely knackered after holding Chesterfield to a 3-3 draw tomorrow
Posted by: moosey_club, November 20, 2021, 2:36am; Reply: 4
Clearly states at the bottom of the paper that it is the ticket.
Posted by: Happy_Mariner, November 20, 2021, 7:50am; Reply: 5
Can you pay on the day at Solihull? I forgot to get a ticket at last night’s game.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 20, 2021, 8:57am; Reply: 6
Quoted from ska face

The club website should make the option on an away e-ticket clearer when purchasing. It's not just the unnecessary cost of postage, it's the worry of the ticket arriving on time when there's a short window between general sale and the game itself. Even though much improved, I think the ticket purchasing process still needs work..

Two away matches this season I've ended up buying physical tickets (including the Solihull A4 piece of paper) instead of having the simplicity and immediacy of a QR code on my phone. Brought about by lack of information or options on the ticketing portal..
Posted by: forza ivano, November 20, 2021, 9:46am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Happy_Mariner
Can you pay on the day at Solihull? I forgot to get a ticket at last night’s game.

I've got a spare p.m. me if you're interested
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 20, 2021, 11:03am; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
Clearly states at the bottom of the paper that it is the ticket.

So it does, apologies in that case. I just assumed that was all the Solihull address and contact stuff.
Posted by: KingsleysHair, November 20, 2021, 11:12am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Bigdog

The club website should make the option on an away e-ticket clearer when purchasing. It's not just the unnecessary cost of postage, it's the worry of the ticket arriving on time when there's a short window between general sale and the game itself. Even though much improved, I think the ticket purchasing process still needs work..

Two away matches this season I've ended up buying physical tickets (including the Solihull A4 piece of paper) instead of having the simplicity and immediacy of a QR code on my phone. Brought about by lack of information or options on the ticketing portal..

Bought mine last night and they had the tickets stacked up on the side. If Solihull sent the tickets like that, then not as if the club can send you it as an E-ticket.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 20, 2021, 11:29am; Reply: 10
Do we know how many are sold for Tuesday?
Posted by: immariner, November 20, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Do we know how many are sold for Tuesday?

Not seen the club release a figure yet. I think it we'll have 500-600 there. Even though it's a fair bit further distance-wise than Stockport or Altrincham, on a good run it doesn't take that much longer. I think in our first stint in NL we'd have had mininum 250 and max 400 there on a Tuesday so would still be very decent numbers.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, November 21, 2021, 4:34pm; Reply: 12
Anyone know if you can pay on the night?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 21, 2021, 9:21pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ashby mariner

I'm sure you will be able.
I didn't have an Aldershot ticket but was told when I got there, no probs, pay on the gate.
They aren't going to turn money away.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 21, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 14

I've got a spare one I'm trying to get rid of  if you're interested
Posted by: Hagrid, November 21, 2021, 10:43pm; Reply: 15
Safe trip to you all. Expecting a very tough game
Posted by: ska face, November 22, 2021, 10:51am; Reply: 16

No, all ticket according to Solihull.

Their fans can pay on the gate mind.
Posted by: immariner, November 22, 2021, 11:26am; Reply: 17
Quoted from ska face

No, all ticket according to Solihull.

Their fans can pay on the gate mind.

I won't know if I can go until about 14:30 tomorrow and as far as I can see there's been no previous mention by either club of it being an all ticket fixture. It's not a derby, we've not sold out and they can accommodate more away fans than we've been allocated anyway, with sparse home ends. Tin pot as intercourse. Home end it will be then if there isn't a spare about.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 22, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 18
I'm in a similar boat. Just confirmed this morning I can go but no way of picking tickets up from Blundell Park and seemingly no other options available which seems ridiculous.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 22, 2021, 11:49am; Reply: 19
Quoted from immariner

I won't know if I can go until about 14:30 tomorrow and as far as I can see there's been no previous mention by either club of it being an all ticket fixture. It's not a derby, we've not sold out and they can accommodate more away fans than we've been allocated anyway, with sparse home ends. Tin pot as intercourse. Home end it will be then if there isn't a spare about.

Think there's someone in the London/South East WhatsApp group with a spare, I can ask if that's still gonna be available tomorrow afternoon and put you in touch with them if you want? Then there's also forza ivano further up this thread with a spare too.
Posted by: immariner, November 22, 2021, 11:53am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Son of Cod

Think there's someone in the London/South East WhatsApp group with a spare, I can ask if that's still gonna be available tomorrow afternoon and put you in touch with them if you want? Then there's also forza ivano further up this thread with a spare too.

Ahh cheers SoC, much appreciated. Fully expect Forza's to go by tomorrow now but would of course take it if it's still available.
Posted by: immariner, November 22, 2021, 11:57am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm in a similar boat. Just confirmed this morning I can go but no way of picking tickets up from Blundell Park and seemingly no other options available which seems ridiculous.

I'm sure there will be someone on here in Gy who hasn't bought theirs yet who will gladly bring one along for you.
Posted by: ska face, November 22, 2021, 12:05pm; Reply: 22
I don’t think people appreciate what a complete fúckabout it can be at times attending matches for people who either don’t live in GY/Clee, or their lives don’t revolve around going to every match so won’t be sure of commitments until late on. A lot of the blame lies with opposition clubs who clearly don’t give a toss (nobody’s mentioned “all ticket” until an hour ago), and then they’ll still take payment on the gate after arśeing everyone around.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 22, 2021, 12:09pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ska face
I don’t think people appreciate what a complete fúckabout it can be at times attending matches for people who either don’t live in GY/Clee, or their lives don’t revolve around going to every match so won’t be sure of commitments until late on.

Exactly that. Only managed to confirm this morning that I can go but it's now becoming a total ballache trying to get tickets for a match which won't be anything like sold out. Tried the GTFC ticket office several times this morning but no answer so unsure if open. Solihull being helpful on Twitter but in a 'I'm sure GTFC will be able to.....' kind of way rather than anything that gives me enough confidence to buy tickets.
Posted by: chaos33, November 22, 2021, 1:36pm; Reply: 24
Agree with you two. Needless f@cking about. You could always sneak in with the home fans, but why should you have to?!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 22, 2021, 2:32pm; Reply: 25
Messaged Kristine Green regarding the issue on Twitter and predictably she has seemingly fixed it without any fuss at all.

https://twitter.com/GTFC_SLO/status/1462776418291568640?t=HsGUSr-7pS44HffbYED_-A&s=19
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 22, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 26
What a fart bottom about.

They're not going to sell out, we're not going to sell out. Why can't they just open the turnstiles and let everyone who wants to pay on the night!
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 22, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ska face
I don’t think people appreciate what a complete fúckabout it can be at times attending matches for people who either don’t live in GY/Clee, or their lives don’t revolve around going to every match so won’t be sure of commitments until late on. A lot of the blame lies with opposition clubs who clearly don’t give a toss (nobody’s mentioned “all ticket” until an hour ago), and then they’ll still take payment on the gate after arśeing everyone around.

Yep, couldn't agree more with all that.

Remember Orient away a few seasons ago when they were adamant it was all ticket. Had tentative plans that were unavoidable if they were going ahead that still weren't confirmed in time for the postal deadline for buying tickets, then that tentative plan fell through so I booked a weekend away and then the afternoon before the match Orient decide it's pay on the gate.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, November 22, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from forza ivano

I've got a spare one I'm trying to get rid of  if you're interested

Thanks for the offer but it looks like I'm not going to be able to get away from work in time now.
Posted by: Happy_Mariner, November 22, 2021, 6:18pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from forza ivano

I've got a spare p.m. me if you're interested

Thanks for the offer but I needed two. Managed to get two to be collected at the turnstile. The lad I was going with has now dropped out so I may also have a spare.
Posted by: chicaneuk, November 22, 2021, 8:54pm; Reply: 30
I also have a spare available.. missus has tested positive for COVID so I am going to stay home. Can either send the QR code or can pick up from a friend, the paper ticket at the ground. Cheers.
Posted by: UpTheMariners, November 23, 2021, 1:56pm; Reply: 31
Looking to buy a ticket for tonight. I've PM'd chicaneuk but don't think they have seen the message yet.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 23, 2021, 4:04pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from UpTheMariners
Looking to buy a ticket for tonight. I've PM'd chicaneuk but don't think they have seen the message yet.

Have just pm'd you
Posted by: chicaneuk, November 23, 2021, 5:16pm; Reply: 33
Ah crap I do still have the ticket as well.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 7:47pm