Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: immariner, November 2, 2021, 8:54pm
Haven't seen one of these threads in a while and as it's my first away game since Chelsea, i am slightly giddy (shame about the cottage pies). FA Cup early rounds are still special.

Me + friend from Oxfordshire.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 2, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 1
Was going to go till found out they sacked the caterers off  :'( and would cost £28 return on the train. :(
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 2, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 2
Me and the boy from the other side of the river will be there...stop off at woodhall services for breakfast on the way..
Posted by: forza ivano, November 2, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 3
North bucks and oxford mariner off for a couple of pints in the king and castle.one of my favourite away trips
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 2, 2021, 10:38pm; Reply: 4
The Mrs and I, with a couple of friends then headed to watch the boxing in Brum afterwards.
Posted by: wuffing, November 3, 2021, 7:20am; Reply: 5
Me, my lad and his mate riding the soccer express. It was either that or drive and I fancy a couple of beverages :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 3, 2021, 8:24am; Reply: 6
Quoted from wuffing
Me, my lad and his mate riding the soccer express. It was either that or drive and I fancy a couple of beverages :)

You’ll enjoy it Tone, it’s a long journey though, I took Harry there in 2015 (first game of the season) hope you’re well mate.
Posted by: Withnail, November 3, 2021, 9:22am; Reply: 7
Me +2 travelling from Gloucestershire. Really looking forward to it and hoping for a large and boisterous away following from Town. I went to Kiddy on the opening game of the 15/16 season and it was bouncing in the away end, even before kick off.

I think Saturday will be a much tougher test than Bromsgrove was in the previous round as their tails will be up after some decent results and they're obviously further up the pyramid.

I agree that the league is our priority but if we get a result on Saturday, then get through the following round, we could get a tie* which could literally change our fortunes, in terms of warchest**, overnight.

Is there a designated pre match pub for Saturday?

*Please not Carlisle/Plymouth/Gillingham/Oldham (insert other non glamorous club) away.

** Pay off Fenty and then some.

Posted by: forza ivano, November 3, 2021, 11:59am; Reply: 8
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1455849699043336206
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, November 3, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 9
Good effort that considering all the recent games and Christmas in the back of peoples minds. Hope we make the 1000 mark
Posted by: Mendonca1995, November 3, 2021, 1:24pm; Reply: 10
Me and the uncle on the train from clee plenty of beers plenty of hours on the train and hopefully plenty of goals for town to take us into the next round UTM
Posted by: Davec, November 3, 2021, 9:37pm; Reply: 11
Me on train, what pub we all drinking in?
Posted by: Rasen 17, November 5, 2021, 12:58am; Reply: 12
Heading there from Leicester, 2 of us
Posted by: lukeo, November 5, 2021, 1:54am; Reply: 13
900 sold 👀 crazy.
Posted by: Swanny, November 5, 2021, 7:14am; Reply: 14
8 of us from northampton going
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 5, 2021, 7:28am; Reply: 15
Happy travels all you lot going. Safe journeys, have lots of laughs and bring back a second round tie.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 5, 2021, 9:02am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Swanny
8 of us from northampton going

Hey Up!

Do we have more Mariners in Northampton!?!

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 5, 2021, 11:06am; Reply: 17
For those going, that again like some decent craft ale and don’t mind walking a bit, try out the beer emporium. It’s run by an ex squaddie and would certainly give a warm welcome. Some very special beers sold there. Maybe give them a call ahead as not too sure on opening times
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 5, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from cmackenzie4

You’ll enjoy it Tone, it’s a long journey though, I took Harry there in 2015 (first game of the season) hope you’re well mate.

Got tickets for me & Ed for tomorrow Chris

Not been to Kiddy before ( except to go on the SVR ) so looking forward to it

Just hope we don't jinx it.... it's our first away trip since Scunny last year  ::)

Posted by: Tavistock Mariner, November 5, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 19
Got my 2 tickets and will be there with my lad, First game since Torquay, looking forward to a good day. UTM
Posted by: samg, November 5, 2021, 3:37pm; Reply: 20
Just out of interest what pub(s) are people heading for?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 5, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Got tickets for me & Ed for tomorrow Chris

Not been to Kiddy before ( except to go on the SVR ) so looking forward to it

Just hope we don't jinx it.... it's our first away trip since Scunny last year  ::)

Safe travels Tim, you and Ed will love it, parking is not easy to find near the ground, if I remember rightly Harry and me parked down a side road near the town centre and walked to the ground.

Enjoy yourselves mate.

Posted by: Teesknees, November 5, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Hey Up!

Do we have more Mariners in Northampton!?!

Northamptonshire yes.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 5, 2021, 11:01pm; Reply: 23
Anyone got a spare?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 5, 2021, 11:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Safe travels Tim, you and Ed will love it, parking is not easy to find near the ground, if I remember rightly Harry and me parked down a side road near the town centre and walked to the ground.

Enjoy yourselves mate.

Cheers Chris

I’m looking to park near to the stations so hopefully there’ll be spaces enough there

Fingers crossed we’ll come back with a good result but we’ll need to work at it because they’ll probably be looking to do a bit of giant-killing if they get the chance
Posted by: forza ivano, November 6, 2021, 10:24am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Anyone got a spare?

there's a couple going spare on facebook - praise and grumble (collect at the ground)
Posted by: Mariner93er, November 6, 2021, 11:29am; Reply: 26
Along the same lines, if anyone has a spare ticket, would be interested (don’t have access to that praise and grumble group!)
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:13am