Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Poojah, November 1, 2021, 8:01pm
Dave Challinor to become their new manager…

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/dave-challinor-set-to-leave-hartlepool-united-to-become-stockport-county-manager-3441126

Has he ever been back to BP since that night? A warm welcome awaits.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, November 1, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Poojah

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/dave-challinor-set-to-leave-hartlepool-united-to-become-stockport-county-manager-3441126

[…reaches for the peephole Pringle from the wardrobe]
Posted by: grimps, November 1, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 2
Animal that should never been allowed to continue on football
Posted by: It Bites, November 1, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 3
Ffs move on will you ......
Posted by: Abdul19, November 1, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Poojah

Unused sub for Stockport in November 03. Can't remember it tbh.
Posted by: aldi_01, November 1, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 5
I’m sure he’s been back playing for someone since…Bury May be?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 1, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m sure he’s been back playing for someone since…Bury May be?

Indeed he has - 04/05 (booked), 05/06 and 06/07 - played 90 minutes each time. Don't remember any of those either!
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 1, 2021, 8:48pm; Reply: 7
No doubt he’ll get the welcome he so very deserves. Some might say ‘get over it’ but he ended a blokes career with the most disgusting tackle I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 1, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 8
He has definitely been back and definitely was given sh1t. Not enough by any stretch of the imagination though.
Posted by: Jaws, November 1, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 9
Been back with Bury I think. At the time I was unaware of the original incident and did wonder what the fuss was about, though obviously caught up since!
Posted by: RobDef1, November 2, 2021, 9:51am; Reply: 10
Seem to remember him making gestures in the warm up at town fans when we were away at Bury too, so clearly no remorse either. Sidenote- if memory serves me correctly they had Kasper Schmeichel in goal that day too.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 2, 2021, 10:30am; Reply: 11
Quoted from It Bites
Ffs move on will you ......

Not easy to forget a horrific challenge that ended a career.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 2, 2021, 12:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from pontoonlew
No doubt he’ll get the welcome he so very deserves. Some might say ‘get over it’ but he ended a blokes career with the most disgusting tackle I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

I remember that night. You heard the crack in The Upper Findus. If I remember correctly Stockport manager at the time Carlton Palmer subbed him almost straight away and then he got sent off himself for sarcastically clapping the ref. Ref that night was one Mark Clattenburg.

Afterwards he fined him 2 week wages for the tackle.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/palmer-fines-challinor-1169264
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, November 2, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 13
The atmosphere after that was something else. Rarely known anything like it since.
Posted by: toontown, November 2, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

I remember that night. You heard the crack in The Upper Findus. If I remember correctly Stockport manager at the time Carlton Palmer subbed him almost straight away and then he got sent off himself for sarcastically clapping the ref. Ref that night was one Mark Clattenburg.

Afterwards he fined him 2 week wages for the tackle.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/palmer-fines-challinor-1169264

With all the talkabout challinor at Stockport the fans on their forum mentioned that palmer initially tried to just take challinor off (as tho he had been sent off, as the ref hadn't done it) and the ref made him bring on a sub to replace him. I wasn't there but you would never normally get the players manager reacting in that way if it wasn't especially horrendous.

Challinor does sound like a particularly nasty piece of work from that
Posted by: TAGG, November 2, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 15
Remember the night well.
The crowd wanted to kill him.
Not seen a crowd reaction lake that before or since.
He has been back and got a load of excrement.
Posted by: Marinerdeano, November 3, 2021, 7:29am; Reply: 16
Very simple song of 'one Martin Pringle' would be effective.
Posted by: wuffing, November 3, 2021, 7:34am; Reply: 17
I was in the ponny that night. Horrible.
Posted by: It Bites, November 3, 2021, 8:12am; Reply: 18
Let's drag something up from 20 years ago because we are all so full of hate and anger ............ Why don't you just ignore him and support Grimsby instead ? .
Posted by: buckstown, November 3, 2021, 9:06am; Reply: 19
Hartlepool fans mortified at losing him and looks like a really good appointment for Stockport.
At what point do you consider that a human being may have changed or give them a chance?
Posted by: Hagrid, November 3, 2021, 9:25am; Reply: 20
Quoted from buckstown
Hartlepool fans mortified at losing him and looks like a really good appointment for Stockport.
At what point do you consider that a human being may have changed or give them a chance?

never ;)

its football grudges are always held

in the case of Lee Hughes though, he never changed

Posted by: darren9, November 3, 2021, 9:30am; Reply: 21
Quoted from It Bites
Let's drag something up from 20 years ago because we are all so full of hate and anger ............ Why don't you just ignore him and support Grimsby instead ? .

I’ve been described as a self-hating leftie this week and I’d imagine that I’m the sort of person that people with a flag in their Twitter bio would describe as ‘woke’ but even I will stand and loudly shout (just as I did that night)

“Chaaaaaaaallinnnooooor. ….. isaw*nk*r isaw*nk*r”

It’s what he deserves.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 3, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 22
Quoted from buckstown

Has he ever apologised for his act of thuggery that night. I don't think so, unless I've missed it. He ended a very promising players career that night and nothing I've heard of him since has made me want to change my view of him.

Posted by: toontown, November 3, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

Has he ever apologised for his act of thuggery that night. I don't think so, unless I've missed it. He ended a very promising players career that night and nothing I've heard of him since has made me want to change my view of him.

Was just going to say that he would need to have expressed sincere contrition for his actions, at least, before people should be expected to consider forgiving and forgetting them.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 3, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from It Bites

Because football is built on grudges and rivalries

Break out the Jelly and Ice Cream chant just like we did for Lee Hughes
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, November 3, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 25
Alongside Higgenbottoms challenge? on Livvo was worst foul I've seen on a football pitch..  sure he will get a nice welcome on his return in April.. could never stand Clattenburg after that night either how he didn't give a red.. unbelievable!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 3, 2021, 4:08pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
could never stand Clattenburg after that night either how he didn't give a red..

Confusion over Clattenburgs inability to referee really... ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, November 3, 2021, 5:03pm; Reply: 27
The geordie twat hasn't got a tattoo of that tackle on his other arm, has he?
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 1:25am