Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Norseman, October 3, 2021, 12:39am
Kings Lynn charging £3 more for tickets when Grimsby play them .Opinions of any action or protestations we should make as individuals or as a club .I know we don't have to go I just believe this type of practice is wrong
Posted by: fishboyUTM, October 3, 2021, 1:00am; Reply: 1
Just take thousands, batter them. Within div 3 inside 22 months, pushing for normality in the championship and leave them to it will do.
Posted by: goldenfish, October 3, 2021, 5:42am; Reply: 2
Or not worry about £3
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 3, 2021, 5:52am; Reply: 3
I dunno, I don't really blame them. Prem teams have Categorised marches which vary much more than £3, and Kings Lynn are a very small team. We'll bring a lot so letting them make a bit more money ans balance out the very small numbers they'll get from many in this league is fine by me tbh. Been a tough 18 months for clubs especially smaller clubs
Posted by: male private Nale, October 3, 2021, 6:34am; Reply: 4
A small club punching above it's weight that has been on the ropes financially due to the impact of the pandemic, I say let them try to make as much money as they can to survive.

If it irks you that much on a personal level then just don't go.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 3, 2021, 6:49am; Reply: 5
Have 1 pint less on that away day. Then you’re probably £1 better off. 😀
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 3, 2021, 6:51am; Reply: 6
It’s muggy if it’s just us imo
Posted by: fishcake63, October 3, 2021, 7:03am; Reply: 7
To be fair to kings lynn they've seen an oppurtunity to make a few quid , some fans wont mind paying it if it helps them out , by the way most matches further up the pyramid are all cat A B C etc , so you pay more for the big teams & we are a big fish at this level , pardon the pun couldn't help myself there !!
Posted by: aldi_01, October 3, 2021, 7:16am; Reply: 8
This has been happening up and down the footballing pyramid for ages…don’t blame them really.
Posted by: Azimuth, October 3, 2021, 8:09am; Reply: 9
Ita £3,  not much in the grand sceme of things and I dont mind paying it, its similar price to a coffee and less than a pint, Id rather pay KL the extra £3 and help their financial struggles than put money in the pockets of millionaires with a TV subscription to watch premier league.
Posted by: Running like emson, October 3, 2021, 8:30am; Reply: 10
I take it as a compliment !!
Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2021, 8:35am; Reply: 11
Take the moral high ground.

Great P.R opportunity for the club, for the minnows in this division who we know will bring less than 50 fans anyway knock a few quid off to see if you can tempt another 10 -20 to turn up.

Regards KL then as others have said, don't buy anything in the ground off them, or less and recoup your £3 that way
Posted by: EvilFish, October 3, 2021, 8:36am; Reply: 12
They're owned by a dodgy crook, so I wouldn't be too quick to feel sorry for them. For their supporters, yes, but not for the club.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 3, 2021, 8:38am; Reply: 13
Here is the link for those interested:

[url]https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/10/02/club-statement-ticket-prices/[/url]

£3 on top of the cost of a single away day is no biggie at the end of the day. I'd be a bit miffed if I was a home fan though, there'd be uproar on here if, part way through the season, the club decided to start categorising games.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2021, 9:25am; Reply: 14
It's £3 FFS! good luck to them so long as they give us unlimited tickets and don't agree with the local police to intercourse around with the kick off time (or even the date)
Posted by: Humbercod, October 3, 2021, 11:06am; Reply: 15
Blatant profiteering greedy illegitimates! Why should our fans be treated any different £3 this season £5 next if we are still down here!
Posted by: immariner, October 3, 2021, 4:07pm; Reply: 16
£26 for non-hospitality seats with NO concessions, in division 5 is mental.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Humbercod
Blatant profiteering greedy illegitimates! Why should our fans be treated any different £3 this season £5 next if we are still down here!

If you don't like it you don't have to go

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 3, 2021, 5:14pm; Reply: 18
The King's Lynn fans have to pay £3 extra to see us play as well is the way I see It. Worth every penny.
Posted by: HerveJosse, October 3, 2021, 5:28pm; Reply: 19
If you want an interesting 15 minutes put the owners name into google and read about his past business exploits. Makes our previous look like a saint.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 3, 2021, 5:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HerveJosse
If you want an interesting 15 minutes put the owners name into google and read about his past business exploits. Makes our previous look like a saint.

The only difference is that their fella has taken the club higher than it has ever been before whilst our bloke...
Posted by: grimps, October 3, 2021, 5:54pm; Reply: 21
I remember years ago Huddersfield used to charge visiting fans whatever their fans was charged at the club they was playing .
I’m not sure what the cost is for a ticket at Kings Lynn but if they’re charging more than we do then we should charge them 3 quid more when they come here (all 50 of them )
Posted by: pontoon442, October 3, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 22
In the EFL clubs cannot charge away supports more than home fans, don't know whether that applies non-league, have they bumped it up for home supporters too? if not then the club must complain..
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 3, 2021, 6:34pm; Reply: 23
It’s £3 ffs !!
Posted by: Humbercod, October 3, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

If you don't like it you don't have to go

Absolutely! Principles always win the day for me, drawn the line at the fans zone 50p increase on the Docks beer in a week whilst I’m at it, not sure how that’s fits with the owners ethics. But you crack on Ipswin profiteering always needs mugs.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 25
If it puts off anti-vaxers, it’s a good thing 😆
Posted by: pizzzza, October 3, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Humbercod

Absolutely! Principles always win the day for me, drawn the line at the fans zone 50p increase on the Docks beer in a week whilst I’m at it

Yikes, how much is a pint just out of interest?
Posted by: Humbercod, October 4, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 27
Quoted from pizzzza

Yikes, how much is a pint just out of interest?

Last time I went price had gone up to £4.50 for Ale and £5.00 for Cider. I don’t mind paying a bit extra knowing it’s going to the club but £5 a pint is taking the urine, I’m sure the Blundell hotel will be grateful.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 4, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 28
I'm not sure but we might have got the wrong end of the stick here. If you read the wording on the announcement I think the prices for the 'elite' games are those which were always charged and the £3 is actually a reduction to watch the crappy visiting teams. Still £3 more to watch Town than Dover but I think it always was I've looked at the details of their fans forum last week but it's still not clear. What is clear is that their owner makes John Fenty look like Mr Perfect in the popularity stakes
Posted by: Poojah, October 4, 2021, 10:44am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin
I'm not sure but we might have got the wrong end of the stick here. If you read the wording on the announcement I think the prices for the 'elite' games are those which were always charged and the £3 is actually a reduction to watch the crappy visiting teams. Still £3 more to watch Town than Dover but I think it always was I've looked at the details of their fans forum last week but it's still not clear. What is clear is that their owner makes John Fenty look like Mr Perfect in the popularity stakes

It's hard to believe that he's a real person and not a parody.

[img]https://images.cm.archant.co.uk/resource/responsive-image/1290032/article-lead-image/lg/1/ib-lynn-management-duo-2018-9.jpg[/img]
Posted by: toontown, October 4, 2021, 10:51am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Poojah

[img]https://images.cm.archant.co.uk/resource/responsive-image/1290032/article-lead-image/lg/1/ib-lynn-management-duo-2018-9.jpg[/img]

Just LOL!!!
Posted by: grimps, October 4, 2021, 11:23am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Poojah

Is it Swiss Tony ?
Posted by: Humbercod, October 4, 2021, 11:44am; Reply: 32
Had to double check you lot are not taking the urine, and there he is same picture used for his Twitter profile proud as a peacock 😂
Posted by: pizzzza, October 4, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Poojah

Is that The Joker without his make-up on?
Posted by: RobDef1, October 4, 2021, 3:49pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Poojah

Looks like a character from Benidorm  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, October 4, 2021, 5:07pm; Reply: 35
Now I know why Brylcream stocks are rising
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 4, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 36
Bit of a step up for him from the waltzers
Posted by: LH, October 4, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 37
He looks like Robbie Rotten, the newly elected Conservative MP for the red wall seat of Lazy Town.
Posted by: Humbercod, October 4, 2021, 8:08pm; Reply: 38
Take back what I said, he’s worth the extra £3 for the comedy value alone.
Posted by: EY Mariner, October 4, 2021, 8:13pm; Reply: 39
Living near King's Lynn as I do, I know there has been a lot of ill feeling among Lynn fans, let alone away supporters, about pricing at the Walks this season and significant numbers had decided they weren't going to pay those prices. To be fair to the Lynn chairman, it appears he is trying to get at least some of those fans back onside and I'll be interested to see what the gates are like going forward.

If there's anything wrong with what's happened, it's that this category system wasn't in place before the start of the season. Personally, I have no issue whatsoever with us being a category A game at the Walks, though I am concerned that the away allocations which were introduced after their game with Southend will not be enough for us, particularly considering Lynn is under two hours from London by train.
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 5, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 40
Kings Lynn are averaging 1500ish for home games, with a capacity of 8000.

They would be foolish as hell to firstly limit their income by only offering approx 1000 tickets to Town fans but also run the risk of trouble with the inevitable influx of Town fans in the home areas if they did stick to strict away allocations.

Easter Monday with Town (hopefully) gunning for promotion places.  Jeeez, it could be carnage!
Posted by: grimps, October 5, 2021, 1:44pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from diehardmariner
Kings Lynn are averaging 1500ish for home games, with a capacity of 8000.

They would be foolish as hell to firstly limit their income by only offering approx 1000 tickets to Town fans but also run the risk of trouble with the inevitable influx of Town fans in the home areas if they did stick to strict away allocations.

Easter Monday with Town (hopefully) gunning for promotion places.  Jeeez, it could be carnage!

We’ll take 3-4000 if it’s on a bank holiday
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 5, 2021, 1:50pm; Reply: 42
I agree.  I'd expect us take that amount to somewhere like Notts County in that situation, which is a similar amount of travel time from Gy/Clee.  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 5, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It’s £3 ffs !!

It's 16.6% to put it in context.
Posted by: GrimPol, October 6, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Norseman
Kings Lynn charging £3 more for tickets when Grimsby play them .Opinions of any action or protestations we should make as individuals or as a club .I know we don't have to go I just believe this type of practice is wrong

Surely it's flattering that they acknowledge a large away support group is going to come to their stadium. It will up their home support so a big noise all around.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:36am