Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 29, 2021, 7:19pm
No, not coming here. Just signed for Barnsley.

Decent footballer, wish him all the best.
Posted by: ska face, July 29, 2021, 9:28pm; Reply: 1
Lad gets a spell with us, almost straight into the Burnley first team squad and out for a million quid within the year. Decent news ahead of our friendly with Burnley u23s, if we want to start building a relationship up the pyramid.
Posted by: pontoonlew, July 29, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 2
Fair play to him, always thought Glennon was the better of the two, interested to see how his career pans out.
Posted by: toontown, July 29, 2021, 11:17pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from pontoonlew
Fair play to him, always thought Glennon was the better of the two, interested to see how his career pans out.

Yeah Benson was good but glennon was better in my opinion
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 29, 2021, 11:24pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from pontoonlew

Glennon is the kind of full back you would expect Hurst to recruit. First time I saw him, he looked like he had been taught properly. It was stupid stuff like putting his hands behind his back because of the new handball rule when he was blocking an opponent.

The Villa academy is very well thought of so it will be interesting to see what Revan is like.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 30, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 5
I liked Glennon a lot, thought he was head and shoulders above this level once he settled.  Every inch the modern full-back in terms of going forward but also capable of defending too.

Benson though was next level above that in my eyes.  At first he looked lost by the pace and physicality of the step up from Under 23 football to the hustle and bustle of League Two, but once he found his feet he was peerless and was getting better game on game.  Actually surprised it's taken someone this long to take a punt on him.
Posted by: blundellpork, July 30, 2021, 2:05pm; Reply: 6
As good as Glennon was, in a straight choice I thought Benson was the better player. He dictated play in every area of the pitch.
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 9:22pm