Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, July 20, 2020, 7:32pm
Don’t shoot me if its wrong but lots of rumours that Omar is returning.........
Anybody heard similar?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 20, 2020, 8:01pm; Reply: 1
Don't know about that, but he is that type of player that Ian Holloway could improve and help relaunch their career.
Posted by: Poojah, July 20, 2020, 8:04pm; Reply: 2
As is often the case with social media, it’s one half-baked, clickbaity tweet pounced on by countless gullible types to the point where it appears many people have all heard the same thing, so it must be true.

Let’s just break this down. First of all, our entire squad is currently on furlough as we have next to no income at the present time, and we do not yet know when that income will return.

For this very reason, we have just lost a striker we already had and wanted to keep because for the reasons outlined above, we weren’t able to match his existing package. A package which I imagine would have been bang average in League Two terms.

For the last two and a half years, Omar Bogle will have been earning in the region of £10,000 a week. He will have known, even before the emergence of the virus, that he’s facing a significant climb down from that kind of figure. The virus will have exacerbated that, but not to the extent that he’d be prepared to jump at the offer of an 80% drop in pay (and that’s absolute best case scenario) to re-sign for Town before most clubs below the Championship have even re-entered the transfer market.  

Regrettably, it ain’t happening. If I’m wrong, I’ll not only eat a slice of humble pie, I’ll devour the whole fúcking cake shop. And maybe do something unpleasant with a sausage, too...
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 20, 2020, 8:09pm; Reply: 3
Don't believe a word of it......but he would terrify 4th Division defences.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, July 20, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 4
It's the Annual "Bogle's coming back" rumour. Someone's bored I guess.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 20, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 5
Well, i heard that the reason Mr Fleming was now cutting the grass was in order to save on the groundsman wages in order to pay Omar's wages, so there could be some truth to it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 20, 2020, 8:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Poojah
Regrettably, it ain’t happening. If I’m wrong, I’ll not only eat a slice of humble pie, I’ll devour the whole fúcking cake shop. And maybe do something unpleasant with a sausage, too...

Whilst running round Blundell Park naked   ;)

Posted by: Abdul19, July 20, 2020, 8:53pm; Reply: 7
I saw something on Twitter and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be true - people aren't going to make stuff up.
Posted by: Poojah, July 20, 2020, 8:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

Whilst running round Blundell Park naked   ;)

Given the grass at Blundell Park is currently about 3ft high, you’d be lucky to see my knackers. Well, lucky’s the wrong word - but you know what I mean...
Posted by: chipsandgravy, July 20, 2020, 9:02pm; Reply: 9
It's the Annual "Bogle's coming back" rumour. Someone's bored I guess.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, July 20, 2020, 9:06pm; Reply: 10
I heard he was off to Hull/Lincoln/Scunny
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 20, 2020, 9:12pm; Reply: 11

Where's Bentley when you want him   :)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, July 20, 2020, 9:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Poojah
As is often the case with social media, it’s one half-baked, clickbaity tweet pounced on by countless gullible types to the point where it appears many people have all heard the same thing, so it must be true.

Let’s just break this down. First of all, our entire squad is currently on furlough as we have next to no income at the present time, and we do not yet know when that income will return.

For this very reason, we have just lost a striker we already had and wanted to keep because for the reasons outlined above, we weren’t able to match his existing package. A package which I imagine would have been bang average in League Two terms.

For the last two and a half years, Omar Bogle will have been earning in the region of £10,000 a week. He will have known, even before the emergence of the virus, that he’s facing a significant climb down from that kind of figure. The virus will have exacerbated that, but not to the extent that he’d be prepared to jump at the offer of an 80% drop in pay (and that’s absolute best case scenario) to re-sign for Town before most clubs below the Championship have even re-entered the transfer market.  

How have we ever managed to sign anyone, ever?

Bogle was good in league 2, but has done nothing since. He is not going to be inundated with offers with big wages bearing in mind the number of players available.

If he has been careful with his £10 grand a week he will be able to accept a more realistic wage offer.

Holloway will be a big draw as well as the obvious factor of being a returning hero.

I have no idea if it will happen but he has not got the pulling power of 3 years ago, or anything like it and league 2 is probably the level where he could make the most impact.

We will have to sign players soon income or no income if we are due to start mid September.
Posted by: Meza, July 20, 2020, 9:34pm; Reply: 13
the tweet is from Omars agent saying its been a while since being in Millfields.  Sicara is his agent.  Interesting indeed.

It wouldnt surprise me if IH has decided to get someone like Omar, being a bit peed with CV decision, i think its something he would do haha.
Posted by: Poojah, July 20, 2020, 9:35pm; Reply: 14

How have we ever managed to sign anyone, ever?

Bogle was good in league 2, but has done nothing since. He is not going to be inundated with offers with big wages bearing in mind the number of players available.

If he has been careful with his £10 grand a week he will be able to accept a more realistic wage offer.

Holloway will be a big draw as well as the obvious factor of being a returning hero.

I have no idea if it will happen but he has not got the pulling power of 3 years ago, or anything like it and league 2 is probably the level where he could make the most impact.

We will have to sign players soon income or no income if we are due to start mid September.

His stock is nowhere what it was two or three years ago, I don't disagree about that. However, for me he'll end up somewhere matching one of the following descriptions:

a) A newly promoted Championship side, like Coventry (he's a west midlands Lad)
b) A league one club
c) Salford
d) Abroad

Again, if I'm wrong on that then frankly I think it's sausage time...
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 20, 2020, 10:00pm; Reply: 15
If he does sign for Grimsby Town this season I’ll shove a sausage up my bottom
Posted by: supertown, July 20, 2020, 10:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
If he does sign I’ll shove a sausage up my bottom

Is that like a forfeit or something you do anyway ?😳
Posted by: pizzzza, July 20, 2020, 10:23pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
If he does sign I’ll shove a sausage up my bottom

I'm pretty sure he is going to sign for someone (and you have not specified which club...).

Protip: avoid any spicy varieties such as chorizo
Posted by: LH, July 20, 2020, 10:33pm; Reply: 18
Kids’ll be back to school soon. Oh.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 20, 2020, 11:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pizzzza

I'm pretty sure he is going to sign for someone (and you have not specified which club...).

Protip: avoid any spicy varieties such as chorizo

I’m sure you’ve misquoted next there 😉
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 20, 2020, 11:06pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from supertown

Is that like a forfeit or something you do anyway ?😳

It passes the time
Posted by: GrimExile, July 20, 2020, 11:36pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19
I saw something on Twitter and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be true - people aren't going to make stuff up.

I saw the same Twitter post and I DM’d the poster asking if he made it up and his reply was as follows: “I’m afraid it’s all twatter hi-jinks and nothing else. Would love it to be the case. Having said that, it’s a funny old world at the moment.”

Somewhat stupid in my opinion but at least that puts an end to it until the next time.
Posted by: golfer, July 21, 2020, 7:43am; Reply: 22
Having read all the informed posts from our spies on the Fishy I am now convinced more than ever that he will play for us again
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 21, 2020, 8:10am; Reply: 23
I’d have thought highly unlikely surely big clubs like burton will snap him up
Posted by: OllieGTFC, July 21, 2020, 8:47am; Reply: 24
Can’t see it myself would love to be proved wrong
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 21, 2020, 9:18am; Reply: 25
It would be a huge coup but I imagine there will be a few offers in League 1.
Posted by: sam gy, July 21, 2020, 9:36am; Reply: 26
All the posts on Twitter last night were a wind up, you do know that? Just a bunch of people having a laugh. Hilarious that anyone has taken it seriously.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, July 21, 2020, 10:51am; Reply: 27
Just seen him at Maccie D's near the ground.
Posted by: Meza, July 21, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 28
Well if that's the case then I've lost all respect and interest in Sam Strand and the others.  Why, no need, they could have atleast mentioned in the tweet after a bit to say it's just a wind up.
Posted by: thefish, July 21, 2020, 12:27pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from sam gy
All the posts on Twitter last night were a wind up, you do know that? Just a bunch of people having a laugh. Hilarious that anyone has taken it seriously.

The mind ‘Bogles’!
Posted by: Sandford1981, July 21, 2020, 12:35pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from thefish

The mind ‘Bogles’!

Omar god that’s terrible! 😊
Posted by: sam gy, July 21, 2020, 12:37pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Meza
Well if that's the case then I've lost all respect and interest in Sam Strand and the others.  Why, no need, they could have atleast mentioned in the tweet after a bit to say it's just a wind up.

It’s pretty obvious!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 21, 2020, 1:14pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Meza

The use of certain emojis and other comments make it clear to me that there is nothing in it.

If there was anything in it, everyone associated to the club would have been told to keep quiet.
Posted by: andypandy04, July 21, 2020, 1:35pm; Reply: 33
Some Grimsby town supporters are that naive and gullible, it is embarrassing
Posted by: LH, July 21, 2020, 2:53pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Meza

“I’ve told everyone who’d listen it was true because Sam Strandt had replied to it”
Posted by: Green27, July 21, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Poojah

Surely not £10k? Pukki at Norwich is on 8 and Scott McTominay is on 10.

Akinde was earning 3.5 at Lincoln it would be in the range maybe 5 at an upper limit.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 21, 2020, 3:20pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Meza
the tweet is from Omars agent saying its been a while since being in Millfields.  Sicara is his agent.  Interesting indeed.

It wouldnt surprise me if IH has decided to get someone like Omar, being a bit peed with CV decision, i think its something he would do haha.

Is Omar Bogle his only client?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 21, 2020, 3:23pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from GrimExile

I saw the same Twitter post and I DM’d the poster asking if he made it up and his reply was as follows: “I’m afraid it’s all twatter hi-jinks and nothing else. Would love it to be the case. Having said that, it’s a funny old world at the moment.”

Somewhat stupid in my opinion but at least that puts an end to it until the next time.

The thing is if I dropped a juicy rumour on twitter that I knew was true and someone sent me a DM to ask whether it was true or not I’d lie and say “no, I made it up” just to annoy them.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), July 21, 2020, 3:38pm; Reply: 38
https://twitter.com/efl_hub/status/1285577964269326339?s=21
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 21, 2020, 3:48pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Meza

That guy on Twitter also represents Martin Butler. Is he coming back too now his back is better?
Posted by: Meza, July 21, 2020, 3:49pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from sam gy

It’s pretty obvious!

not to me it wasnt but hey.
Posted by: Meza, July 21, 2020, 3:51pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The use of certain emojis and other comments make it clear to me that there is nothing in it.

If there was anything in it, everyone associated to the club would have been told to keep quiet.

emoji's like the "look" one, hmm sure.  And they didnt say yes or no so the club wouldnt have told them.   Well which ever way you want to cover it, its just poor form.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 21, 2020, 3:52pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from 1542

EFL Hub tweeted that Lincoln had hijacked Charles Vernam’s move to Burton about 5 minutes before Burton announced him.
Posted by: Meza, July 21, 2020, 3:54pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from GollyGTFC

EFL Hub tweeted that Lincoln had hijacked Charles Vernam’s move to Burton about 5 minutes before Burton announced him.

I dont think that one is a creditable source.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 21, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Green27

Akinde was earning 3.5 at Lincoln it would be in the range maybe 5 at an upper limit.

McTominey is on 10k per week at Moan U? Yeah right. A west ham u reserve was on £10k per week a few years ago then moved north to a championship club. A friend of mine signed for the scottish c**t at Crawley for £5k, whilst Sam Gallagher was on more than £10k whilst he was occasionally playing for Southampton.and he certainly didnt take s pay cut when he moved to Blackburn!
Posted by: Posh Harry, July 21, 2020, 7:16pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Green27

Ffs 🤦
Posted by: Green27, July 21, 2020, 7:59pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from forza ivano

McTominey is on 10k per week at Moan U? Yeah right. A west ham u reserve was on £10k per week a few years ago then moved north to a championship club. A friend of mine signed for the scottish c**t at Crawley for £5k, whilst Sam Gallagher was on more than £10k whilst he was occasionally playing for Southampton.and he certainly didnt take s pay cut when he moved to Blackburn!

Reportedly so would make sense as he is YT.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 21, 2020, 8:16pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Green27

Reportedly so would make sense as he is YT.

McTominay is 23 years old. I doubt he's a 7th year YT.

Henderson is reportedly on £35k per week and McTominay has played loads more games for Man Utd than him.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 21, 2020, 9:19pm; Reply: 48
Under contract until 2025 too! (having started 20 PL games this season)
Posted by: Green27, July 21, 2020, 11:25pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Posh Harry

Ffs 🤦

What?
Posted by: Green27, July 21, 2020, 11:28pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from jamesgtfc

McTominay is 23 years old. I doubt he's a 7th year YT.

Henderson is reportedly on £35k per week and McTominay has played loads more games for Man Utd than him.

Here’s the place where I got the info printed back. In Jan.

https://www.givemesport.com/1540613-the-premier-league-players-who-are-earning-10000-or-less-a-week

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1265233/Premier-League-average-salary-player-wages-cut

Posted by: aldi_01, July 22, 2020, 6:12am; Reply: 51
If Vernam has managed to secure a deal that’s paying him more than £3k a week then crack on and fair play to him.

I think people would be surprised at which players earn less than £10k a week in the top flight; what is more concerning is McTominay and Henderson, albeit for a different club are playing regularly. There are lads at clubs earning £7/8/9/10k+ that barely kick a ball in anger...that’s where the problem in the game lies. Whilst you get the likes of Henderson going out on loan, even people like Connor Townsend etc, plenty don’t yet earn a salary that makes your eyes water.

That’s where the issue lies for me, well one of them...

I mean, back to the Original post, I’m not sure we’ll ever see Bogle back here; is it a romanticism of a time when we were decent? Is it desperation for a player to adore? Or is it because, with the right manager as proved with PH, Bogle can be a success?

Either way, I don’t think we’ll ever see it, and I’m sure we’d never meet wage demands anymore...
Posted by: Meza, July 22, 2020, 8:24am; Reply: 52
Quoted from aldi_01
If Vernam has managed to secure a deal that’s paying him more than £3k a week then crack on and fair play to him.

I think people would be surprised at which players earn less than £10k a week in the top flight; what is more concerning is McTominay and Henderson, albeit for a different club are playing regularly. There are lads at clubs earning £7/8/9/10k+ that barely kick a ball in anger...that’s where the problem in the game lies. Whilst you get the likes of Henderson going out on loan, even people like Connor Townsend etc, plenty don’t yet earn a salary that makes your eyes water.

I mean, back to the Original post, I’m not sure we’ll ever see Bogle back here; is it a romanticism of a time when we were decent? Is it desperation for a player to adore? Or is it because, with the right manager as proved with PH, Bogle can be a success?

Either way, I don’t think we’ll ever see it, and I’m sure we’d never meet wage demands anymore...

Thats because big clubs hoover up all the talent and then cast away like old furniture.  I think Bellingham join B Dortmund is a massive slap in Man Utds face, not even A Fergusons presence could win him over.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, July 22, 2020, 8:29am; Reply: 53
Quoted from aldi_01

When we were decent? He played for us when we were in the bloody Conference. That is not my definition of when Town were decent!
Posted by: sajs, July 22, 2020, 9:13am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Meza

Please explain WHY you have lost respect and interest in Sam Strandt. What has he done to you ? Do you personally know him ? and finally do you pay his wages ?

Posted by: Meza, July 22, 2020, 10:37am; Reply: 55
Quoted from sajs

Please explain WHY you have lost respect and interest in Sam Strandt. What has he done to you ? Do you personally know him ? and finally do you pay his wages ?

no i dont personally know him not that it makes any difference.  Clearly i dont pay his wages (stupid question really), and i believe Sam is involved in media for GTFC isnt he? so for someone in his position to do a wind up is poor form. Not that it matters to you unless your Sam Strand or Liam.  Either way its not really a joke but thats just my opinion.

And besides these people (sam \ Liam etc) are usually in the know so to do a wind up is wrong.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 22, 2020, 11:02am; Reply: 56
think you need to lighten up a bit Meza

also Bellingham gone to dortmund because of their ability to bring young players on and give them game time
Posted by: sam gy, July 22, 2020, 11:11am; Reply: 57
He replied in a jokey manner to someone who was blatantly winding up on Twitter. Highly doubt he was told to no longer have a laugh on social media when his employment at GTFC started!
Posted by: Boris Johnson, July 22, 2020, 12:00pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from sajs

Doesnt Mr Strandt work for the club? Whilst its probably mischief making, and im not on Twitter to see whats been said, and as for paying his wages, all supporters who pay for tickets etc are making a contribution to his salary.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), July 22, 2020, 12:48pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Doesnt Mr Strandt work for the club? Whilst its probably mischief making, and im not on Twitter to see whats been said, and as for paying his wages, all supporters who pay for tickets etc are making a contribution to his salary.

I'd guess your one of these people who tell public employees I pay taxes so I pay your wage.
Posted by: Meza, July 22, 2020, 12:57pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Hagrid
think you need to lighten up a bit Meza

also Bellingham gone to dortmund because of their ability to bring young players on and give them game time

Yeah noted Hagrid, but your not a forum supervisor i mean moderator anymore  :P ;)

Yeah Dortmund have a really good youth system so i get that but would have thought he would have gone to Man Utd.  Still I'm glad he didn't as he wouldn't play much.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, July 22, 2020, 12:59pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Meza

Yeah noted Hagrid, but your not a forum supervisor anymore  :P ;)

Yeah Dortmund have a really good youth system so i get that but would have thought he would have gone to Man Utd.  Still I'm glad he didn't as he wouldn't play much.

why? United have a pretty good trrack record for young players given a chance....
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 22, 2020, 2:49pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Meza

Thats because big clubs hoover up all the talent and then cast away like old furniture.  I think Bellingham join B Dortmund is a massive slap in Man Utds face, not even A Fergusons presence could win him over.

The best thing about this deal, was that his dad acted on his behalf, not a AGENT.
Could he have got a better deal with a agent? probably.
An agent would have probably tout a move to a top Premiership team, for good money, but probably as a fringe player.

Trusted dad to negotiate a deal with a top European club.

Shows that big deals can be made without Agents.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 23, 2020, 7:17am; Reply: 63
Anyway kids, let’s lighten the mood

Hull went down last night!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 23, 2020, 8:15am; Reply: 64
Not properly read this thread.

But i've seen the twitter craze going on, and it is boring.

BUT, we would never be able to get Holloway as manager remember...
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 23, 2020, 11:20am; Reply: 65
The trouble is that clubs rebuild their squads, wether by paying fees or getting freebies in, the league starts up with say 50% capacity, but we get a winter second wave of Covid, clubs told not to allow spectators in, so how do most 1 and 2 league clubs survive. Chairman must be absolutely scared stiff of having 20-25 players to pay with very little income.
Posted by: Meza, July 23, 2020, 1:19pm; Reply: 66
i see Matt Dean has asked the question to a senior figure and was told Omar is not a target, like they'll tell MD and let everyone know.  He should know by now we only give out transfer targets once the ink is dry (or some leaks out info).
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 23, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 67
Former telegraph reporter Matt Dannatt tweeted:

you're all going to look very silly when he signs for lincoln, you know

Bogle has just replied with a 'GIF' (a short video clip) of someone shaking there head saying no  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, July 23, 2020, 7:25pm; Reply: 68
Never go back - it doesn't work particularly in Omars case where he's done f.a. in the Championship or the relatively humble EFL1 since departing.  Good luck to him but I suspect he will not reproduce his form at this level again & will disappear into NL obscurity & live happily ever after on the megabucks made over the last couple of seasons.
Nonetheless I can but dream & hope he comes back as was.
Time for another glass methinks.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 6, 2020, 4:46pm; Reply: 69

Omar will not be making a big return to Blundell Park according to Ollie

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/omar-bogle-grimsby-town-transfer-4401080
Posted by: Poojah, August 6, 2020, 5:09pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from promotion plaice

Omar will not be making a big return to Blundell Park according to Ollie

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/omar-bogle-grimsby-town-transfer-4401080

Smokescreen.
Posted by: Meza, August 6, 2020, 6:44pm; Reply: 71
according to Twitter EFL Hub he's signing for Swindon.
Posted by: denni266, August 6, 2020, 6:59pm; Reply: 72
I cant believe Olly thinks Bogal is one on the way down and would not work out well if he came back, I think its more to do with money. I know it depends what system he wants to play but most teams would dread facing Hanson & Bogal as an attacking force. I think Bogal went too high far too quick but money would have played a big big part of that and no one could deny a big jump in pay like he would have got. We also know that Olly dont alwase think before he speaks and sometimes takes some understanding . but it would be nice if he just came out and said we cannot afford him and put the ball in his court    
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2020, 7:38pm; Reply: 73
This has been anon starter since the thread was started.

What would be in it for Bogle to come here other than a heroes welcome and first team football. Financially it wouldn’t be sensible and undoubtedly I’d imagine he’s had offers from clubs much better than ours.

Holloway talks a lot of nonsense and just says some of the most random stuff but he’s not gonna make a statement like ‘we can’t afford him’...wouldn’t do ya well trying to entice other players. We’ve already had a warning type call at the start of lockdown.

As fans we know Bogle is likely out of our budget so it was never worth getting excited about.
Posted by: golfer, August 6, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 74
Aldi - I don't often agree but you are now talking sense.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2020, 9:37pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from golfer
Aldi - I don't often agree but you are now talking sense.

It’s all about opinions mate, if we all had the same it’d be boring.

This was a non starter and we simply don’t have the funds. Bogle will always be welcome here but we’ve got to be realistic.
Posted by: Kris2, August 6, 2020, 9:44pm; Reply: 76
Pretty close to signing a big money deal at FGR according to some folks in the know around there, 2 years with an option for another year if they get promoted. Person I spoke to reckons it could be sorted by end of this week. Sprinkle away with the salt.

Swindon,Lincoln and Coventry all interested though so depends if he wants L1 football or the most money from a chairman who will pay him big bucks to play and help them get promoted. If he went to Coventry he could even end up partnering Kayden Jackson up front as they are in talks with him too.
Posted by: Poojah, August 6, 2020, 11:25pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Kris2
Pretty close to signing a big money deal at FGR according to some folks in the know around there, 2 years with an option for another year if they get promoted. Person I spoke to reckons it could be sorted by end of this week. Sprinkle away with the salt.

Swindon,Lincoln and Coventry all interested though so depends if he wants L1 football or the most money from a chairman who will pay him big bucks to play and help them get promoted. If he went to Coventry he could even end up partnering Kayden Jackson up front as they are in talks with him too.

I’m not remotely ‘ITK’ but I’ve thought for a while that Coventry would make perfect sense for him. For the first time since he signed for Solihull he’d go there without a sizeable price tag on his shoulders (relative to the club that signed him) and he’d be close to home.

I will quite literally vomit if he signs for Lincoln or Forest Green.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, August 7, 2020, 12:53am; Reply: 78
Omar signing for FGR would be a turnup after his celebration at Wembley.  Football's so weird isn't it?  Coventry makes sense, perhaps a hefty contract from Nailsworth will sway him but I guess they'll struggle to do so, what with FFP and everything... right?   ;D
Posted by: Boris Johnson, August 7, 2020, 7:51am; Reply: 79
Just seen him in Asda's nr Freemo.....

Lad is up for it
Posted by: thefish, August 7, 2020, 8:27am; Reply: 80
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Just seen him in Asda's nr Freemo.....

Lad is up for it

Well, surely a trip round that place with some of the colourful locals will put an end to any hopes of enticing him back to the area!
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 7, 2020, 8:54am; Reply: 81
might not be about money for him now? lets face it hes earnt more in 2 years than most of us will ever earn so shouldnt ever be strapped for cash again.
Maybe he wants to go where the fans love him?
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 7, 2020, 9:58am; Reply: 82
Quoted from monkeyboy

He's going back to Solihull Moors?
Posted by: Garth, August 7, 2020, 10:07am; Reply: 83
Quoted from monkeyboy
might not be about money for him now? lets face it hes earnt more in 2 years than most of us will ever earn so shouldnt ever be strapped for cash again.

Fans love him! Really that's the biggest load of sentimentle crap that I have read on here
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 7, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 84
Quoted from Garth

Fans love him! Really that's the biggest load of sentimentle crap that I have read on here

Im not saying they do but maybe he thinks they do?
Posted by: toontown, August 7, 2020, 12:45pm; Reply: 85
In his BBC interview on being an out of contract footballer during covid he said it was about playing at the highest level he could. I would think that's league 1 or just maybe championship
Posted by: Kris2, August 7, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Omar signing for FGR would be a turnup after his celebration at Wembley.  Football's so weird isn't it?  Coventry makes sense, perhaps a hefty contract from Nailsworth will sway him but I guess they'll struggle to do so, what with FFP and everything... right?   ;D

I mean tbf the guy knows I'm a big GTFC fan and could have been winding me up but it doesn't sound impossible. Coventry does make sense to me too location and club size wise. He wouldn't be going there for a huge transfer fee and lots of expectation but it's a decent enough club that he could achieve things with them. Be a bit crazy if Kayden Jackson also goes there and their frontline is the same as our first season in the FL after getting promoted.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 7, 2020, 1:21pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Kris2

I mean tbf the guy knows I'm a big GTFC fan and could have been winding me up but it doesn't sound impossible. Coventry does make sense to me too location and club size wise. He wouldn't be going there for a huge transfer fee and lots of expectation but it's a decent enough club that he could achieve things with them. Be a bit crazy if Kayden Jackson also goes there and their frontline is the same as our first season in the FL after getting promoted.

Correction: same as our first game back before Hurst decided to play Jackson out wide.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 7, 2020, 2:32pm; Reply: 88
Think Jackson was partnered by the legendary Scott Vernon that day
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 1:02am