Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 17, 2020, 10:21am
Series 3 Episode 5 has just "dropped". Colin Murray at home with Ian Holloway. Recorded just before we became GTFC manager.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 17, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 1
Ooh, good stuff. Listened to a few of these recently and enjoyed them.
Posted by: WesternMariner, January 17, 2020, 9:58pm; Reply: 2
Really interesting listen. Much more to him than football by the sound of it which has to be a good thing. Comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. I’m a pretty cynical type but all the talk about legacies and doing good for the town chimes with stuff he’s talking about in his background. Particularly given that the interview was before he signed up and wasn’t having an axe to grind.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 17, 2020, 10:25pm; Reply: 3
Just listened to it and reaffirmed my view which started listening to 'My Sporting Life' that he a thoroughly top bloke, a true family man, mad as a box of frogs yes but a winner dedicating his life to creating a meaniningful one and an inspiration to anyone willing to take note.

So much more to him than just football and the great thing is its pretty clear that he extremely genuine with us with all his positive PR and comerady getting the entire Town to think success and upwards.

We very fortunate to have him, there's no guarantees of success of course, Squeaky might drop a clanger somewhere but it should be a hell of a ride anyway in the meantime.

UTMM!!
Posted by: joe56, January 18, 2020, 11:31am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Rik e B
Just listened to it and reaffirmed my view which started listening to 'My Sporting Life' that he a thoroughly top bloke, a true family man, mad as a box of frogs yes but a winner dedicating his life to creating a meaniningful one and an inspiration to anyone willing to take note.

So much more to him than just football and the great thing is its pretty clear that he extremely genuine with us with all his positive PR and comerady getting the entire Town to think success and upwards.

We very fortunate to have him, there's no guarantees of success of course, Squeaky might drop a clanger somewhere but it should be a hell of a ride anyway in the meantime.

UTMM!!

Can we put an end to this “box of frogs” expression which seems to have caught on among a number of posters on here. It is, frankly, insulting, and from what I can see, completely unjustified.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 11:43am; Reply: 5
Well Colin introduced him as such at the start of the podcast which made it stick in my head and the two of them close friends, it more a term of endearment and I may be wrong but I believe he has even described himself as such once or twice which is where it has caught on from.

It certainly not meant as an insult. If you focused on his many interviews and podcasts it quite clear that a very apt description but it's meant in a loveable way. In sure Kim would even describe him as such.
Posted by: joe56, January 18, 2020, 11:49am; Reply: 6
Fair enough Rik. I hadn’t realised that was where it originated from. It was just that it was beginning to grate with me! ;) No offence meant.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 11:49am; Reply: 7
Just googled it and people being describing him as such since 2010 at least, I'm sure he doesn't mind one iota.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 18, 2020, 12:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from joe56

Can we put an end to this “box of frogs” expression which seems to have caught on among a number of posters on here. It is, frankly, insulting, and from what I can see, completely unjustified.

Never took you for a Francophile Joe. ;)

Posted by: joe56, January 18, 2020, 2:29pm; Reply: 9

Never took you for a Francophile Joe. ;)

Quelle, moi? ;)
Posted by: golfer, January 18, 2020, 2:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from joe56

It's   " racist  "
Posted by: Ipswin, January 18, 2020, 3:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from golfer

It's   " racist  "

and son of cod will report you to the moderators

Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 4:10pm; Reply: 12
Bloody woke luvvies 😝
Posted by: rancido, January 19, 2020, 6:34pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from golfer

It's   " racist  "

More like amphibianist !!
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 19, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 14
On last night's EFL on Quest Colin Murray said that Ian Holloway will be one of the pundits on next week's show.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 19, 2020, 7:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from joe56

He's as mad as a box of frogs is our ian.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 2:23pm