Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BraStrap, October 26, 2019, 5:58pm
What happens to the food that would have been consumed at BP today?
Posted by: denni266, October 26, 2019, 6:04pm; Reply: 1
Prob just binned.  Or if they was warned about the pitch inspection , they may have stayed in the freezer
Posted by: bobbyturtle, October 26, 2019, 6:23pm; Reply: 2
kept until the next match?  ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, October 26, 2019, 8:12pm; Reply: 3
Hopefully not the players  :-/
Posted by: golfer, October 27, 2019, 10:46am; Reply: 4
I always take my own pie. With the game being off and the wife looking like she was going to miss her Saturday of peace she suggested I went for a lay down for a couple of hours and take the radio up with me.           Saturday night- " What's all these fking crumbs doing in the bed "
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 27, 2019, 11:08am; Reply: 5
Quoted from bobbyturtle
kept until the next match?  ;D

Am absolutely convinced that's what happens at some of the non league games up here. I never buy pies early at a game, I always wait a wee while before purchasing because I've had such dodgy ones before. You could play ice hockey with them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 27, 2019, 11:10am; Reply: 6

The thread title reminded me of this   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSGQ2ZNLV0
Posted by: rancido, October 27, 2019, 11:48am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jock dock tower

Am absolutely convinced that's what happens at some of the non league games up here. I never buy pies early at a game, I always wait a wee while before purchasing because I've had such dodgy ones before. You could play ice hockey with them.

But that's up in Scotland and the Scots are renowned for their frugality !! I bet some of those pies need carbon dating to determine how old they are.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 27, 2019, 12:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jock dock tower

Easily sorted Jock.

Just deep fry them 😉
Posted by: WesternMariner, October 27, 2019, 4:34pm; Reply: 9
I was impressed by Forest’s solution when they were rained off yesterday - donating the food to homeless charities in Nottingham - good PR.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 27, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from WesternMariner
I was impressed by Forest’s solution when they were rained off yesterday - donating the food to homeless charities in Nottingham - good PR.

think the homeless would turn away some of our catering  offerings
Posted by: LH, October 27, 2019, 6:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

think the homeless would turn away some of our catering  offerings

I dunno - a load of them burgers laid on the ground would be slightly more comfortable than concrete.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 27, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 12

Going on the price I was always under the impression the pies at BP were homemade and sumptuous although I've never tried one myself.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 27, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LH

I dunno - a load of them burgers laid on the ground would be slightly more comfortable than concrete.

but the smell means you wouldnt sleep anyway..
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 28, 2019, 6:44am; Reply: 14
Never could understand why people need to risk their lives eating from the burger van at BP when the match is only a few hours, wouldn't it be more prudent to wait till you get home?
Only once did i venture to the burger van many years past only to find the woman vendor itching her head and wiping her runny nose whilst assembling the very broadly named meat product in a bun.
Lets just say the event of the van put me off mobile catering for some time.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 28, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 15
I truely hope there not reheating them tomorrow
Posted by: moosey_club, October 28, 2019, 6:11pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I truely hope there not reheating them tomorrow

i have heard they are....

another reason to boycott the game   ;D
Posted by: Rik e B, October 29, 2019, 3:49am; Reply: 17
Can't get worse than the dog food patties masquerading as burgers at York City... the sight of barely touched burgers strewn all over the terraces should have rang alarm bells but one bite of mine and I learned the hard way and it promptly joined the rest on the cold concrete 🤮
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 30, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Rik e B
Can't get worse than the dog food patties masquerading as burgers at York City... the sight of barely touched burgers strewn all over the terraces should have rang alarm bells but one bite of mine and I learned the hard way and it promptly joined the rest on the cold concrete 🤮

The worst burger I ever bought  was at Barnet (Underhill). I never buy food at home games but often do at away games.

On this occasion, the bun was stale, the burger was burnt and they had no onions or ketchup. I had one bite and chucked it! Oh for Kidderminster catering each away game.
Posted by: mariner paul, October 30, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 19
The state of some of those pies I have seen looks like they have come out the dustbin
Posted by: Hagrid, October 30, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 20
town burgers and pies some of the worst in the land
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 30, 2019, 5:17pm; Reply: 21
Dunno so much about ours,  but veggie green rovers vegan curry pie was bloody awful!!...
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 30, 2019, 5:25pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Dunno so much about ours,  but veggie green rovers vegan curry pie was bloody awful!!...

Barring Kidderminster, FGR used to do great grub before they went all vegan. I can remember having an excellent Shepherd's Pie in The Green Man the first time we played there.
Posted by: rancido, October 30, 2019, 6:36pm; Reply: 23
I'm convinced that the catering at BP could be included in the area controlled by The Trust and a local supplier ,such as Turners ,would be beneficial to the club and the town .
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 30, 2019, 7:56pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from rancido
I'm convinced that the catering at BP could be included in the area controlled by The Trust and a local supplier ,such as Turners ,would be beneficial to the club and the town .

And hopefully the pricing would reflect this....my god, the price they charge I'd expect a prime cut of Aberdeen Angus in my burger rather than the B&M catering burgers they serve out the van!!
Posted by: Rik e B, October 31, 2019, 11:36am; Reply: 25
That's being a bit harsh to B&M catering burgers!
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 12:16am