Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 4, 2019, 9:30am
So, Oldham is our next away game, and without getting carried away, if we beat Crewe on Saturday, this could be a very good attendance!

Never been before, so wondered what its like for parking, pubs etc?

Thanks!
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 4, 2019, 10:37am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
So, Oldham is our next away game, and without getting carried away, if we beat Crewe on Saturday, this could be a very good attendance!

Thanks!

A dump of a ground, but with an excellent new stand on the side (to the right of the away fans).  To be fair, the away end is OK too, and big if we need it.

Big car park round the back, but not sure if this is all reserved.  Judging by their attendances, probably not!
Posted by: Hagrid, September 4, 2019, 10:45am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Heisenberg

A dump of a ground, but with an excellent new stand on the side (to the right of the away fans).  To be fair, the away end is OK too, and big if we need it.

Big car park round the back, but not sure if this is all reserved.  Judging by their attendances, probably not!

to the left ;)! in the middle of a housing estate, pub about 10 minute walk away
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 4, 2019, 10:54am; Reply: 3
Just don't rock up to the pub chanting town songs, you'll not be allowed in by the "bouncers" as they'll think you're hoodlums....
🥴🥴
Posted by: ska face, September 4, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 4
Drink in Manchester, 25 minute tram up and then 5 min taxi to the ground. It’s all uphill to the ground from town centre.
Posted by: mariners1, September 4, 2019, 11:16am; Reply: 5
I’m old so the memory’s going but I remember going to an away game there maybe 1980 or ‘81 mid winter. Open terrace, snow, wind whipping in. The coldest I can ever remember  my feet being and quite a view of the countryside. I’m sure we won and Tony Ford played but don’t hold me to that.....like I said, the memory is not what it was. I definitely remember we won there in a league cup tie in the ‘90s when we were sitting in the corner next to home support behind one of the goals. We went ahead (jack lester???) and I started a chant of ‘we Want Sharpy out, I said we want Sharpy out’, graham sharp being their manager then and their supporters took this up....he was sacked the next day. Not sure I should be proud of that one.....but funnily I was!
Posted by: jock dock tower, September 4, 2019, 11:35am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Thanks!

We beat Crewe on Saturday, and two other results go our way we're top of the league. Can't believe I believe that! Sounds great.

Posted by: MarinerMart, September 4, 2019, 12:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from mariners1
I’m old so the memory’s going but I remember going to an away game there maybe 1980 or ‘81 mid winter. Open terrace, snow, wind whipping in. The coldest I can ever remember  my feet being and quite a view of the countryside. I’m sure we won and Tony Ford played but don’t hold me to that.....like I said, the memory is not what it was. I definitely remember we won there in a league cup tie in the ‘90s when we were sitting in the corner next to home support behind one of the goals. We went ahead (jack lester???) and I started a chant of ‘we Want Sharpy out, I said we want Sharpy out’, graham sharp being their manager then and their supporters took this up....he was sacked the next day. Not sure I should be proud of that one.....but funnily I was!

I was a that game absolutely freezing that day 🥶🥶lol
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 4, 2019, 12:35pm; Reply: 8
Went last season, crap game. Parking on Hospital carpark 5 min walk away and not too difficult to get out and onto the main road.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 4, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Hagrid

to the left ;)! in the middle of a housing estate, pub about 10 minute walk away

Hmmm, I’m certain you’re wrong!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 4, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 10
Went at the end of last season. Parked at the ground about 10 yards from the away turnstyle. Town were rubbish. Left on the full time whistle. No problem leaving the car park or with traffic around the ground. Very close to the A627(M) and was on the M62 before 17:00.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 4, 2019, 1:52pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Heisenberg

Hmmm, I’m certain you’re wrong!

shall we have 20 quid on it!
Posted by: chaos33, September 4, 2019, 1:59pm; Reply: 12
Could be a big away following. 1000+?
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 4, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid

shall we have 20 quid on it!

No chance, it sounds like you’ve been recently!
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 4, 2019, 4:03pm; Reply: 14
We can't do much worse than our last two performances there which have seen no goals but  EIGHT against.
Posted by: livosnose, September 4, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

its colder than BP !

Thanks!

Posted by: arryarryarry, September 4, 2019, 4:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Heisenberg

Isn't the new stand to the left of the away fans?
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 4, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry

Isn't the new stand to the left of the away fans?

When I went about 5 years ago in the (ahem) corporate facilities to watch a non-town game (sorry), the ground had 3 sides. The as-yet-to-be-built stand was to the right of the very large away following that night. Maybe the away end has been moved since then?
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 11:27am