Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 3, 2019, 3:09pm
Can't be right surely.

£10 a ticket?

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/salford-city-a-ticket-information/
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 3, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 1
Yep, I was there a few weeks ago. £10

The ground makes Glanford Park look like the Ricoh
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 3, 2019, 3:22pm; Reply: 2
I’m guessing that given Salford have a core support of around 7, they rely heavily on part time fans. Given that Tuesday is a Champions League night, £10 is an attempt to get those floating fans in.
Posted by: Maringer, September 3, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 3
Probably helps when you're being bankrolled by a Singaporean billionaire. If you're trying to buy success as a vanity piece, you want somebody there to see it! Loose change to Lim. He won't even notice the losses that the club rack up.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 3, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 4
Just looked on The Football League Grounds guide and it does say that admission is £10.

They must really be being bankrolled if they can survive charging that much for a seat.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 3, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 5
Still cant believe they are actually in the football League - and I shudder at FGR still it all just seems so wrong
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 3, 2019, 5:12pm; Reply: 6
I understand we think that £10 is low, but wouldn't it be good if that was the general price of a seat in division 2, I would guess crowds at every club would be higher then they are now. Just think if the premiership could just chuck each division 2 club £200 grand then it could be possible.
Posted by: Croxton, September 3, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 7
A degree of bother after the recent Orient match. Traffic cones thrown as rival fans squared up.  Our SLO may want to check what additional arrangements have been made to ensure fan safety.

I wonder what the biggest away attendance has been at that ground so far?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 3, 2019, 5:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Gaffer58
I understand we think that £10 is low, but wouldn't it be good if that was the general price of a seat in division 2, I would guess crowds at every club would be higher then they are now. Just think if the premiership could just chuck each division 2 club £200 grand then it could be possible.

Season tickets £100 - totally unsustainable. One rule for Salford, another rule for others.
Posted by: pen penfras, September 3, 2019, 5:28pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Gaffer58

It would be more like a million to make up the difference for us. Sure, it would be great, but if we were given more handouts then it would only end up being spent on players getting higher wages because everybody would have the same extra money to compete.
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 3, 2019, 5:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Croxton
A degree of bother after the recent Orient match. Traffic cones thrown as rival fans squared up.  Our SLO may want to check what additional arrangements have been made to ensure fan safety.

I wonder what the biggest away attendance has been at that ground so far?

Port Vale sold out a few weeks ago. Wouldn't surprise me if Stockport and Wrexham did too when they've played them both there.
Posted by: Croxton, September 3, 2019, 7:03pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Son of Cod

Port Vale sold out a few weeks ago. Wouldn't surprise me if Stockport and Wrexham did too when they've played them both there.

Thanks, I've watched the highlights and read Vale's match thread. No issues apart from toilet queues.
Posted by: lukeo, September 3, 2019, 8:40pm; Reply: 12
They've always charged £10/£5 I've always kept an eye onn them since the class of 92 got involved... Justt out of curiousity more than anything.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 3, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo
They've always charged £10/£5 I've always kept an eye onn them since the class of 92 got involved... Justt out of curiousity more than anything.

And that's the reason why they are disliked

Money from Tv (BBC mainly) showing every fa cup game just because a famous ex Man Utd player 'might' be there

intercourse em. Everything that is wrong with football.

Posted by: lukeo, September 3, 2019, 8:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And that's the reason why they are disliked

Money from Tv (BBC mainly) showing every fa cup game just because a famous ex Man Utd player 'might' be there

intercourse em. Everything that is wrong with football.

I 100% agree with you I just nosey on to their website once a season to see if ticket prices hadd gone up. Sad I know :')
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 3, 2019, 9:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just think if the premiership could just chuck each division 2 club £200 grand then it could be possible.

Each League Two club already receives a solidarity payment from the Premier League of £470,000.
Posted by: MrFisherman, September 3, 2019, 9:27pm; Reply: 16
The reason why it's a tenner is because they've sold naming rights to the ground and use that money to subside the gate money
Posted by: Yossarian, September 3, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 17
Looking forward to this - I come to Manchester regularly for meetings - I may just have to organise one that day and the next!  I notice City are playing the day after so no direct clash in Manchester.

The ground is quite a way out of the city though, so taxis may be required.
Posted by: Yossarian, September 3, 2019, 11:00pm; Reply: 18
Jeez  - I just looked on the map.,  I'm in Manchester right now in the City centre and it is a long way out!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 4, 2019, 9:55am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Yossarian
Jeez  - I just looked on the map.,  I'm in Manchester right now in the City centre and it is a long way out!

You seem surprised that Salford City FC play in Salford and that it's nearly 3 miles from Victoria station?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 4, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 20
Gainsborough Trinity (Northern Premier so 3 divisions below us) charge £12.

Cleethorpes Town in the league below them charge £8.
Posted by: gtfckyle, September 4, 2019, 2:51pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You seem surprised that Salford City FC play in Salford and that it's nearly 3 miles from Victoria station?

Hardly in the heart of Salford though is it? I genuinley thought it'd be much closer to actual Salford, absolute nightmare to get there looking at it. No trams or anything!
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 4, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Salford supporters may say the same when they play us in Cleethorpe.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 4, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from gtfckyle

Hardly in the heart of Salford though is it? I genuinley thought it'd be much closer to actual Salford, absolute nightmare to get there looking at it. No trams or anything!

You’re in luck. Greater Manchester has another option. A new invention called a bus. They’re a bit like trains and trams, but there’s only 1 carriage and they have rubber wheel and go on the road rather than rails. And some even have an upstairs!
Posted by: Stadium, September 4, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from gtfckyle

????

From elsewhere.

From Victoria Station approach you can catch First Bus No: 97 or 98 along Bury New Road towards Bury. The journey time is around 18 minutes. More information can be found on the Transport For Greater Manchester website.

The nearest Metro Tram stop to the Peninsula Stadium is at Crumpsall, which is approximately one and three-quarter miles away to the east and would take about 35 minutes to walk.

FROM MANCHESTER PICCADILLY
Use the X43 Bus.

FROM MANCHESTER VICTORIA
Use either the 93, 97 or 98 Buses from Shudehill Interchange.

FROM SALFORD CENTRAL
A 5-10 minute walk to Trinity Church (Stop NE), then use the 93 Bus.

Posted by: Todmorden Mariner, September 4, 2019, 8:09pm; Reply: 25
Went to Salford during pre-season and caught tram from Victoria to Crumpsall. It took about 20 minutes to walk so not too bad.
Posted by: Oly1987, September 4, 2019, 10:26pm; Reply: 26
used to live in eccles and work in Salford and went past mill lane most days. Depending if I'm at work might go to this
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 5, 2019, 2:04pm; Reply: 27
Anyone checked out the chances of getting the train back after the match.... as far as I can see it doesn't look doable?
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 5, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Anyone checked out the chances of getting the train back after the match.... as far as I can see it doesn't look doable?

Not a chance back to Grimsby. Last train leaves Man Picc at 21:18.
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, September 5, 2019, 3:09pm; Reply: 29
I'll be walking from Prestwich!
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 5, 2019, 3:25pm; Reply: 30
So it appears that for both Salford away and if we get to play Chelsea then it's basically impossible to get a train back to Grimsby after about 9/10 o'clock, I know HS2 is being looked into but surely for the £80 billion it's going to cost that money would be better spent in improving everybody's train services, rather than London to Birmingham/ Manchester/Leeds.
Posted by: Maringer, September 5, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 31
Nah, they'll cancel HS2 as it is becoming too expensive.

They'll then spend the same amount of money doing something or other for the benefit of commuters in the south east and screw the rest of us all.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 5, 2019, 4:10pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Gaffer58
So it appears that for both Salford away and if we get to play Chelsea then it's basically impossible to get a train back to Grimsby after about 9/10 o'clock, I know HS2 is being looked into but surely for the £80 billion it's going to cost that money would be better spent in improving everybody's train services, rather than London to Birmingham/ Manchester/Leeds.

It's even worse trying to leave Grimsby late on. The last train to Doncaster/Sheffield/Manchester is half past 8.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 5, 2019, 4:20pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Les Brechin

It's even worse trying to leave Grimsby late on. The last train to Doncaster/Sheffield/Manchester is half past 8.

Always been the same as far as I can remember. Used to knacker me for getting back to Barnetby after a midweek game.
Posted by: Croxton, September 5, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 140381

Always been the same as far as I can remember. Used to knacker me for getting back to Barnetby after a midweek game.

I'm planning to drive over from Sheffield to the Macc game on Tuesday calling in on ancient mum in law on the way.  Possible lifts back to S. Yorks after the game. Will confirm Monday if anyone wants to PM me.
I am also planning to buy a ticket for Salford. A passenger or two are welcome.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 5, 2019, 10:20pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Maringer
Nah, they'll cancel HS2 as it is becoming too expensive.

They'll then spend the same amount of money doing something or other for the benefit of commuters in the south east and screw the rest of us all.

Apparently it's alright to make political posts as long as it's 'regionalist'.  ;D
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 6, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 36
What’s it like for parking? Anyone know?
Posted by: rancido, September 6, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Yossarian

Salford is a city in it's own right.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 6, 2019, 5:44pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Les Brechin

Not a chance back to Grimsby. Last train leaves Man Picc at 21:18.

With me living in Goole I was hoping for a train back to Donny or Selby but pretty much the same situation ( though I can get one to Donny arriving about midnight ) so it'll be the car then instead
Posted by: golfer, September 7, 2019, 8:36am; Reply: 39
For all those who can't go due to problems with transport etc live broadcast on ifollow for £10
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 7, 2019, 10:22am; Reply: 40
I live in Crumpsall so have a short ish walk. Then after the game need to rush to Middleton for a night shift
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 1:23am