Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: kevben59, August 7, 2019, 5:15pm
Does anyone know were i can get a numbered seating plan for the main stand
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 7, 2019, 5:25pm; Reply: 1
Given that the Main Stand was built in 1903,  I am sure that the Club would accept a numbered seat ing plan as a fair offer for it.  As long as you can dismantle it yourself.
Posted by: GYRanger, August 7, 2019, 5:34pm; Reply: 2
1 starts at the pontoon end then goes to about 140 at the osmond end goes from A upwards if that's any help.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 7, 2019, 6:19pm; Reply: 3
Email the trust!
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 7, 2019, 6:41pm; Reply: 4
Scroll down a bit...

https://footballtripper.com/blundell-park-grimsby-guide/
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 7, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 5
The last one I saw was in hieroglyphics.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: golfer, August 7, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 6
ticket office have them
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 7, 2019, 8:59pm; Reply: 7
Like stated previously, 1 is the Pontoon end. 50 is the halfway line if that helps?
Posted by: moosey_club, August 7, 2019, 9:11pm; Reply: 8
and the managers sit at the front in those little bus shelters  :)
Posted by: kevben59, August 7, 2019, 10:16pm; Reply: 9
Thanks all
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 8, 2019, 2:04am; Reply: 10
Quoted from golfer
ticket office have them

Doubt it went in to buy 3 tickets for upper and the young lad couldn’t show me the position of the seats nor could turn the monitor towards me
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 8, 2019, 8:33am; Reply: 11
Is the main stand listed?

Given it's age and composition you'd think it was of some historical significance.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 8, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 12
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Doubt it went in to buy 3 tickets for upper and the young lad couldn’t show me the position of the seats nor could turn the monitor towards me

How was he doing playing hangman in his scrapbook?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 8, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Is the main stand listed?

Given it's age and composition you'd think it was of some historical significance.

That’d be all we need. Just get everything tied up to start the new stadium project then find the buyer of BP pulls out because they can’t pull the Main Stand down.
Posted by: AussieMariner, August 8, 2019, 10:48am; Reply: 14
Quoted from crusty ole pie

He was probably watching a slide show on his magic lantern
Posted by: kevben59, August 9, 2019, 8:13am; Reply: 15
Can't believe GTFC don't have a seating number plan, i have rung them and they have confirmed one does not exist. Surely this is a requirement for a fire plan at the very least. Thanks for everybody's advise though.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 9, 2019, 10:50am; Reply: 16
Quoted from kevben59
Can't believe GTFC don't have a seating number plan, i have rung them and they have confirmed one does not exist. Surely this is a requirement for a fire plan at the very least. Thanks for everybody's advise though.

Whenever I’ve been in the ticket office they’ve had one taped to the desk
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 9, 2019, 11:36am; Reply: 17
The Main Stand is probably listing, not sure about being listed.

The stand is of historical significance.  In the 1930s it witnessed the equivalent of Premiership football.  We were certainly spoilt then, not realising how excellent we had it.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 9, 2019, 12:25pm; Reply: 18
If it is listed it doesn't  necessarily have to get in the way of a redevelopment on the site, it could be dismantled and relocated, as an example I went to St Fagans Welsh National  Museum of History and they've got dozens of relocated listed buildings there.

Perhaps the EFL could use it as part of a museum. In the meantime perhaps it could attract lottery funding for restoration of the exterior?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, August 9, 2019, 1:42pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
If it is listed it doesn't  necessarily have to get in the way of a redevelopment on the site, it could be dismantled and relocated, as an example I went to St Fagans Welsh National  Museum of History and they've got dozens of relocated listed buildings there.

Perhaps the EFL could use it as part of a museum. In the meantime perhaps it could attract lottery funding for restoration of the exterior?

Do we know anyone with some kind of political influence who might be able to make such a proposal on the club's behalf?  ::)
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 9, 2019, 1:51pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Do we know anyone with some kind of political influence who might be able to make such a proposal on the club's behalf?  ::)

No I can not think of one Tim.  ;)
Posted by: Johnnyc66, August 9, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 21
It goes
seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post
seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat  press box   tunnel  post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post
seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post seat seat post
Posted by: Johnnyc66, August 9, 2019, 1:58pm; Reply: 22
Well that looked better in the smaller box  ;D ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 9, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 23
You must have sat through some boring games to have that mapped out.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 9, 2019, 2:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Johnnyc66
Well that looked better in the smaller box  ;D ;D

Story of my life mate   :B :B :B
Posted by: immariner, August 9, 2019, 7:34pm; Reply: 25
I'm in the Main Stand tomorrow. I know it's a lot to ask but can everyone in there try and make some *noise please? That'd be great!

*I don't mean the rustling of Werther's packaging either!  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 9, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from immariner
I'm in the Main Stand tomorrow. I know it's a lot to ask but can everyone in there try and make some *noise please? That'd be great!

*I don't mean the rustling of Werther's packaging either!  ;)

From what queenybantam07 said on the prediction thread there will be plenty of noise coming from the Main Stand tomorrow, just that they won't be all Town   ;)

Posted by: Gaffer58, August 9, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 27
Listen very carefully at half time and you may hear me pouring the coffee from my flask into my cup, followed by a slurp.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 9, 2019, 8:35pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Gaffer58
Listen very carefully at half time and you may hear me pouring the coffee from my flask into my cup, followed by a slurp.

‘ DALE ALERT  DALE ALERT ‘. Town fan admits to flask in BP.

Looks like he was right all along 😉
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 9, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Gaffer58

(thumbup2)
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 9, 2019, 9:01pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Civvy at last

‘ DALE ALERT  DALE ALERT ‘. Town fan admits to flask in BP.

Looks like he was right all along 😉

Maybe I should come clean and admit to a couple of other indiscretions, smoke bombs in my bra and the unmentionables in my tampon.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 9, 2019, 9:05pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Gaffer58

Maybe I should come clean and admit to a couple of other indiscretions, smoke bombs in my bra and the unmentionables in my tampon.

Not as bad as a tampon in my unmentionables
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 5:39am