Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 8, 2019, 6:24pm
Without a club now. 47 games 35 goals in a season in Eerste Divisie. 25 yr old. Is he worth considering?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, May 8, 2019, 6:31pm; Reply: 1
We will be lucky
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 8, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 140067
Without a club now. 47 games 35 goals in a season in Eerste Divisie. 25 yr old. Is he worth considering?

As long as our fixtures don't clash with the Ajax fixtures   ;)

WIKIPEDIA.......
In May 2019 he was fired by Telstar after falsely reporting as sick to training, so that he could attend the semifinal match of the UEFA Champions League between Tottenham Hotspur and Ajax in London.
Posted by: Mariner93er, May 8, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 3
35 goals in the 4th division of Dutch football, which it says is a Sunday league.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 8, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 140067

His 35 in 47 was for Cuijk in the fourth tier (Div 3) the season before last. This season he only played 7 games for Telstar and didn't score at all.

Sounds nailed on for us, just our sort of striker

Posted by: Abdul19, May 8, 2019, 6:57pm; Reply: 5
Would he be our first Jordie since Carl Magnay?
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 8, 2019, 7:09pm; Reply: 6
:) :) :) :)
Quoted from Abdul19
Would he be our first Jordie since Carl Magnay?

Posted by: golfer, May 8, 2019, 7:44pm; Reply: 7
I sent him an Email using Google Translate to try to find out if Jolly had contacted him.  This was his reply  " I know Grimsby catch fish and it is part of Hull but I am not very jolly to come to work Fenty in his fish factory. My boss tell me football stadium soon demolition and new pitches to be in back yard Humberton as he kno money left to pay floodlites. He will soon be king Cons. and then you get new stadium near White Bear pub then I come.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 8, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from golfer
I sent him an Email using Google Translate to try to find out if Jolly had contacted him.  This was his reply  " I know Grimsby catch fish and it is part of Hull but I am not very jolly to come to work Fenty in his fish factory. My boss tell me football stadium soon demolition and new pitches to be in back yard Humberton as he kno money left to pay floodlites. He will soon be king Cons. and then you get new stadium near White Bear pub then I come.

Ha Ha, it's the close season to be jolley x
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 8, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from golfer

I don't trust Google translate golfer..... it more often than not comes up with a load of double Dutch ;)
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 8, 2019, 10:10pm; Reply: 10
Didn't he use to have a tv series where he played a police detective?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 8, 2019, 11:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58

Dunno but I knew a Geordie van Driver
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 9, 2019, 7:40am; Reply: 12
Where the fook do people find the time to trawl around the internet finding these potential players ffs ?!!
Posted by: spartacus, May 9, 2019, 12:29pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Gaffer58

No, that was Gerry Taggart.
Posted by: Bignic69, May 9, 2019, 1:13pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Where the fook do people find the time to trawl around the internet finding these potential players ffs ?!!

They didnt trawl far, it was a sky sports news story.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 9, 2019, 1:17pm; Reply: 15
What about the other dutch player on the radar last year Hertz Van-Rental
Posted by: golfer, May 9, 2019, 1:37pm; Reply: 16
Why does everybody jest about such an important matter ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, May 9, 2019, 2:01pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from golfer

Because this particular thread is about a player who played just seven games and didn't find the net once last season for a club who finished 15th in the Dutch second Division who twagged a match in order to see Ajax.

Pretty low on the importance list methinks but worrying just in case Fenty and Jolley should be daft enough....no, surely not but hang on, wasn't there a chap called Robles..........?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 9, 2019, 4:54pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Madeleymariner
What about the other dutch player on the radar last year Hertz Van-Rental

I think we must have that Dutch-American bloke on the board of directors. Rip van Winkle.

Posted by: rancido, May 9, 2019, 5:21pm; Reply: 19
I've heard there is a Dutch winger available ,who has electric pace , called Van Der Graff Generator.
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 9, 2019, 6:28pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from golfer

Because humour is a way of coping with where we are at the moment, also it's better that we take the crap out of ourselves then other fans.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 2:32pm