Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: buckstown, February 8, 2019, 11:03am
So who do you think is heading to the abyss? If you're gamblers it's:
1/5 Notts County
4/5 Macclesfield
7/4 Morecambe
9/2 Yeovil
12/1 and up the rest, including town at 66/1
Personally I think Notts new team may just start putting some results together and pull off the miracle like Newport two years ago. Hope we can push Yeovil a bit nearer tomorrow
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 8, 2019, 11:08am; Reply: 1
I would like it to be Morecambe and Yeovil not at all fussed about them dropping out the league, , , would rather Notts n Macc stay up , , both could do it, , ,although be very surprised if Notts did, , , , soooo whos going down? Probs the two who are currently bottom for me  :-/
Posted by: Abdul19, February 8, 2019, 11:25am; Reply: 2
Yeah I'm going to be boring and say the bottom 2 too. Shame really as Notts is a cracking away day (and an obligatory mention of them being a 'proper' club, ie old and a mess)
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 8, 2019, 11:25am; Reply: 3
Why would you wish relegation on another club?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 8, 2019, 11:29am; Reply: 4
Notts for me a bit of karma to their fans for idolising that murdering illegitimate ( can’t bring my selt to say his name ) can never forgive him for that car driving goal celebration against us and either morecombe or Yeovil both excrement places for travelling too
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 8, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Cos there was plenty that gloated about us falling from grace and it’s part of the game
Posted by: livosnose, February 8, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 6
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Notts for me a bit of karma to their fans for idolising that murdering illegitimate ( can’t bring my selt to say his name ) can never forgive him for that car driving goal celebration against us and either morecombe or Yeovil both excrement places for travelling too

Lee Hughes
Posted by: mariner91, February 8, 2019, 11:35am; Reply: 7

Because if two others teams aren't relegated, that means we are.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 8, 2019, 11:38am; Reply: 8
Quoted from livosnose

Lee Hughes

Sorry had to red cross his name nothing personal
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 8, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 9
Quoted from buckstown
So who do you think is heading to the abyss? If you're gamblers it's:
1/5 Notts County
4/5 Macclesfield
7/4 Morecambe
9/2 Yeovil
12/1 and up the rest, including town at 66/1
Personally I think Notts new team may just start putting some results together and pull off the miracle like Newport two years ago. Hope we can push Yeovil a bit nearer tomorrow

Notts look doomed due to how far behind they are with games running out and of the 3 others mentioned Yeovil would be a good one to lose for us just because of distance to travel.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 8, 2019, 11:46am; Reply: 10
Christ.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, February 8, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 11
I didn't think Macc would go down with their recent upturn in results, but there was some report recently that they are struggling to pay the players so that might do them in. Notts just look too far behind now.

If I could choose I'd want Cheltenham to go down.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, February 8, 2019, 11:52am; Reply: 12
I said a while ago I thought Macc would get out - Notts C are probably to far gone. Port Vale and Cambridge aren't clear yet - wouldn't be shocked if one of those two get caught.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 8, 2019, 11:57am; Reply: 13
Don't see how they can possibly avoid relegation but I want Notts to stay up as they are a proper team with a little bit (make that a lot) of history

Any two from Morecambe Macclesfield Cheltenham Yeovil or (unlikely) Crawley for me please

To be replaced by The Orient and Wrexham hopefully
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 8, 2019, 12:13pm; Reply: 14
I think Morecambe's finishes of 21st, 18th and 22nd over the last 3 seasons is enough of a hint that their time is up.

Bit like us in 2010.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 8, 2019, 12:38pm; Reply: 15
The key to survival is beating the teams around you. Whoever fails to beat the teams down there will get sucked into it.

Yeovil fans have been unhappy with Way for some time yet he recently signed a new deal. Port Vale are in a mess but how much of that is down to Aspin losing the plot, I don't know.

I think Macclesfield will pull clear. I had a bet on Morecambe finishing bottom and Notts County winning the league. Ironically both could be going down together.

If Notts don't have a good February they will be gone I'm sure.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 8, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 16
Also very interesting is how tight L1 is at the bottom. Even our little ginger cousins up the M180 aren’t safe.
Posted by: carrot top, February 8, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 17
Macclesfield and Yeovil
Posted by: Meza, February 8, 2019, 1:35pm; Reply: 18
Morecambe and Notts County
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, February 8, 2019, 1:52pm; Reply: 19
Not sure but wouldn't mind losing Cheltenham and also Yeovil is a long trip
Posted by: Mallyner, February 8, 2019, 2:09pm; Reply: 20
The teams I would like to see relegated out of those, are the ones with the least support; which I assume Morecambe is one of them.

I just find it hard to believe they can support a league team on those gates; and the only reason I can see is, that they are quite near to big town and city clubs. Who allow fringe players to go on loan; and players are happier to go there, as it's not as far from home as say Grimsby.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 8, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 21
Would prefer to lose the furthest away (Cheltenham & Yeovil) and replace them with anyone other than Salford.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 8, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 22
Love to see Cheltenham go, because well, they're Cheltenham, and Crawley too. Both inflated non league sides.

If Lincoln and Mansfield go up, and Notts go down, that's three good local away days gone. Could see Bradford in League 2 next season though, which would be a good away day, and hopefully Scunny, but think they will go upward rather than downward.

When all's said and done, as long as it aint us.......
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 8, 2019, 3:36pm; Reply: 23

Ask those around Birkenhead/Ellesmere Port!
Posted by: Rick12, February 8, 2019, 3:47pm; Reply: 24
Hope Macclesfield stay up.I like Sol Campbell as a person.
Posted by: jock dock tower, February 8, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 25
24 replies to a thread entitled "Who's going down" and nothing of the phnar, phnar, type in reply. Has to be a record for the Fishy.
Posted by: bluerose13x, February 8, 2019, 4:26pm; Reply: 26
We could be the ones to seal Notts fate away to them 2 to last match of season.

I don't get to many away matches and like the easy local matches to get too.
Posted by: chaos33, February 8, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 27
Morecambe and Cheltenham
Posted by: Hameln Mariner, February 8, 2019, 5:10pm; Reply: 28
Yeovil & Cheltenham because of where they are. Morecombe is at least a decent weekend away, you can't say that about either of Yeovil or Cheltenham and we have an awful record at both places to boot.
Posted by: rancido, February 8, 2019, 5:22pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ginnywings
Love to see Cheltenham go, because well, they're Cheltenham, and Crawley too. Both inflated non league sides.

If Lincoln and Mansfield go up, and Notts go down, that's three good local away days gone. Could see Bradford in League 2 next season though, which would be a good away day, and hopefully Scunny, but think they will go upward rather than downward.

When all's said and done, as long as it aint us.......

So are you saying that any team that gets promotion from non-league and hasn't previously been a league club can be described as " inflated non-league side"? The beauty of the system we have now with automatic relegation/promotion from non-league is that it gives a lot of teams hope to be successful in the league.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 8, 2019, 5:30pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jock dock tower
24 replies to a thread entitled "Who's going down" and nothing of the phnar, phnar, type in reply. Has to be a record for the Fishy.

The smutty innuendo is mainly on the Word Association Game thread. That dirty dog FishyFanny and chrismac the filthy beast
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 8, 2019, 5:54pm; Reply: 31
Think it will be morecambe and Macclesfield
Hope it's Cheltenham and Stevenage, but neither likely.
Posted by: Grantley, February 8, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 32
Hopefully Morecambe and Yeovil, wouldn’t be too fussed if Notts went down tbh, some of their fans are deluded to say the least, especially during pre-season last year.
Posted by: chaos33, February 8, 2019, 7:41pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from rancido

So are you saying that any team that gets promotion from non-league and hasn't previously been a league club can be described as " inflated non-league side"? The beauty of the system we have now with automatic relegation/promotion from non-league is that it gives a lot of teams hope to be successful in the league.

I agree with Ginny.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 8, 2019, 8:26pm; Reply: 34

I'd love cheating Cheltenham to go down but Morecambe and Notts County would be my guess for the drop.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, February 8, 2019, 8:27pm; Reply: 35
I'd prefer Morcambe to go down as the town makes Cleethorpes look like Vegas. They show no ambition at all, the ground is shite, the food is a disgrace and their recent finishes suggest it's time to go back where they came from as they can't cope.

Looks like County will go with them which is a shame. Proper football club, would be the biggest club ever to go down IMO. Cambridge are poor as well and could easily be involved with Macclesfield.
Posted by: Stew0_0, February 8, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 36
Like to think notts county can survive this term. Proper football team with alot of history and fans. Would rather see the likes of macclesfield and morecombe go down as barely scratch together 1,200 fans at home and will always be in a relegation battle
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 8, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from fishboyUTM
the town Cleethorpes show no ambition at all, the ground is shite, the food is a disgrace and their recent finishes suggest it's time to go back where they came from as they can't cope.

Harsh on Mr Fenty's efforts.
Posted by: Mallyner, February 8, 2019, 8:32pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Rick12
Hope Macclesfield stay up.I like Sol Campbell as a person.

I have respect for Sol, but I'm wondering when players have not been paid, how much he is taking out of the budget?
Posted by: RonMariner, February 8, 2019, 11:44pm; Reply: 39
Tough one. Notts are 7 points adrift but I gather they brought in quite a few new players and they did hold Lincoln last week. So maybe the new squad will turn things around. Plus, there are still 16 games left. But if we assume at least 48 points are needed for safety they would need  26 points from those games, which is quite an ask.  8 wins 2 draws and just 6 defeats. Seems unlikely.

Of the others, from what I saw of Macc at BP they look like they could pull away. I'm thinking either Morecambe or Yeovil to go down with Notts.

I'm hoping we can give Yeovil a good thrashing tomorrow.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 9, 2019, 12:30am; Reply: 40
Quoted from RonMariner
Tough one. Notts are 7 points adrift but I gather they brought in quite a few new players and they did hold Lincoln last week. So maybe the new squad will turn things around. Plus, there are still 16 games left. But if we assume at least 48 points are needed for safety they would need  26 points from those games, which is quite an ask.  8 wins 2 draws and just 6 defeats. Seems unlikely.

Of the others, from what I saw of Macc at BP they look like they could pull away. I'm thinking either Morecambe or Yeovil to go down with Notts.

I'm hoping we can give Yeovil a good thrashing tomorrow.  

Aye. Better than automatic promotion form.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 9, 2019, 7:04am; Reply: 41
More might get into the playoffs form, but I still can't see it.
Posted by: buckstown, February 9, 2019, 8:25am; Reply: 42
I think if Notts get some belief like we did last year they've a chance, but they need to get going fast. With 16 games there's still time for somebody on a bad run to get drawn in.
Yeovil or Port Vale would be favourites for me
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2019, 8:49am; Reply: 43
The final points tally matters not in reality. If they can get 6 more points than Macclesfield and eight more than Morecambe from now until the end of the season (or 1 point less if they get their goal difference up), then they will escape. That's not taking into account any of the others down there going on a long losing streak either. Newport got out of a worse situation, and there is still a third of the season to go yet. It can all change around in as little as three games with the right sets of results. Not saying they will do it, but they certainly could do it.
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 9, 2019, 9:49am; Reply: 44
I would prefer notts not to go down as it’s a good away day and decent club, but on the other hand if they stay up they are likely to improve significantly next year and be challenging with us towards the top end of the table (hopefully).

Any 2 of Yeovil, morecambe and Cheltenham for me.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 9, 2019, 9:56am; Reply: 45
Morecambe, yeovil, cheltenham, anyone miles away with a shite fan base
Posted by: RonMariner, February 9, 2019, 5:17pm; Reply: 46
Given that Notts have just payed Lincoln and Forest Green and taken 4 points, I think Morecambe and Yeovil should be very worried.....
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2019, 5:29pm; Reply: 47
They are now only 3 points from Macc with a game in hand. Only 4 points away from Morecambe and 5 from Yeovil. It can all change so quickly.
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, February 9, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from RonMariner
Given that Notts have just payed Lincoln and Forest Green and taken 4 points, I think Morecambe and Yeovil should be very worried.....

Agreed. Theyve brought new players in and i suspect we will be competing with them next season for the playoffs, Also there'l be another transfer window which will make them stronger. A good local face off but a club playing below its potential. I will be annoyed if we miss out on going up next season because of their getting out of jail this season.

Posted by: Grimal, February 9, 2019, 6:19pm; Reply: 49
Morecambe and Yeovil for the drop. I think Notts County and Macclesfield will pull away.
Posted by: monkeyboy, February 9, 2019, 6:30pm; Reply: 50
we beat cheltenham next week and they will be very very nervous, bloody ace this being nearly safe lark, we can start laughing at those that scorned us.
Posted by: chrissy, February 9, 2019, 6:33pm; Reply: 51
Cheltenham or Yeovil to go down with Morecambe is my guess,
Notts County and Macclesfield will survive if they can keep picking up points like they have been doing lately.
Posted by: buckstown, February 9, 2019, 7:57pm; Reply: 52
I pride myself on being very very positive about life, with the exception of GTFC. However, I'm very proud to say I believe we're safe this season and I'm very happy about it.
Thank you MJ for giving us a footy team we might be proud of soon, and thank you JF for keeping your head down and saying nothing.
UTM
Still think Notts will escape but Yeovil and Port Vale be afraid, be very afraid
Posted by: hheh2, February 9, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 53
Yeovil and Morecambe to go down
Leyton Orient and Flyde to go up
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 9, 2019, 9:17pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from hheh2
Yeovil and Morecambe to go down
Leyton Orient and Flyde to go up

Not sure why any town fan would want any success for that scumbag challinor.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 10, 2019, 5:40pm; Reply: 55
Orient and Wrexham to come up, Morecambe and Cheltenham to go down. I think Notts will do a great escape, watch this space.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 10, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 56
Town old- boys, and new-boys are doing very well at Solihull. Yussuf scored the winner again.  They are now second and strong candidates for automatic promotion.  They also had a good FAC run.

Yesterday 4 players were sent off from the 90th minute to the eventful end.  2 from each side.  

Osborne and Yussuf could be back at BP next season.  
Posted by: Welwynmariner, February 10, 2019, 7:00pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from buckstown
Still think Notts will escape but Yeovil and Port Vale be afraid, be very afraid

I was looking at the results and the table and thought Port Vale looked very vulnerable.

I don't wish relegation on anyone, but it's going to happen to two sides. And I'd like to see Leyton Orient back in the league, and Wrexham.
Posted by: hheh2, February 10, 2019, 7:48pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Posh Harry

Not sure why any town fan would want any success for that scumbag challinor.

I don't either just my guess on what will happen
Posted by: RonMariner, February 10, 2019, 7:52pm; Reply: 59
What a relief that this is now the luxury of an academic question for us, as opposed to the existential life or death stress of this time last year.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 10, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Town old- boys, and new-boys are doing very well at Solihull. Yussuf scored the winner again.  They are now second and strong candidates for automatic promotion.  They also had a good FAC run.

Yesterday 4 players were sent off from the 90th minute to the eventful end.  2 from each side.  

Osborne and Yussuf could be back at BP next season.  

Solihull would only go up one division wouldn't they?
Posted by: Helgy, February 11, 2019, 5:24pm; Reply: 61
Notts were a completely different side to the one we played earlier in the season, made some good signings that have strengthened them.
Can see either Yeovil or Port Vale slipping into the bottom places
Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 62
Notts beat Mansfield today. After beating Forest Green last week.

On this form they are staying up. I'd be very nervous if I were a supporter of one of the other bottom four or five at this point.
Posted by: grimps, February 16, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 63
Hopefully it’ll be Yeovil and cheltnham , both excrement clubs and both miles away from us
Posted by: nightrider, February 16, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 64
The Mitch Rose effect
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 16, 2019, 7:13pm; Reply: 65
Not us !!!
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 7:10am