Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pkscouse, February 6, 2019, 7:15am
............What a goal last night !! Don't want to harp on but couldn't we do with him now
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 6, 2019, 7:22am; Reply: 1
Zzzzzzz.
Posted by: golfer, February 6, 2019, 7:26am; Reply: 2
Brilliant goal-I do like him-but he did miss 2 "certs"
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 6, 2019, 7:30am; Reply: 3
Why could we do with him now?
Posted by: thevera, February 6, 2019, 7:40am; Reply: 4
Excellent goal,  cracking strike. I suspect he first practiced that at Cheapside. From the short clip I saw of it this morning it looks as though he starts on the goal line peels away, runs around the pack and slams it in from the penalty spot area. Can remember Ross Hannah and Podge attempting that same move on many occasions.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 6, 2019, 8:05am; Reply: 5
We have this every time he scores, its boring.

Put it in the Ex GTFC thread like the other players
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 6, 2019, 8:08am; Reply: 6
“Not proven at this level” apparently....! Though the person who said that is probably doing the trolleys at Tesco now.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 6, 2019, 8:28am; Reply: 7
He did not get back to Hurst and did not want to stay here end of.
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 6, 2019, 8:42am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
He did not get back to Hurst and did not want to stay here end of.

Without wanting to go over old ground, Amond was offered 2 years in Jan and waited out. Took us up with THIRTY GOALS and the messiah decided to reduce his offer as a result, citing he was unproven. No wonder he didn’t come back, treated grossly by the club for all the work he put in to getting us back into the league.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 9
A great performance, two great goals, and i'm chuffed for Newport, who are a fan owned club. Podge will always be held in affection here, but he's moved on, and so have we.

One thing i do know is if we had played THAT team on Saturday, the result would not have been so decisive in our favour. Same as when we beat them 3-0 in non-league just before the play off game and they sent out a weakened side.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 6, 2019, 9:42am; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC
“Not proven at this level” apparently....! Though the person who said that is probably doing the trolleys at Tesco now.

Cheeky fecker........I do the trolleys at Tesco  (I really do)   ;D  

Posted by: Caveman, February 6, 2019, 10:04am; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Are you doing anything next Saturday afternoon ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 6, 2019, 10:29am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Caveman

Are you doing anything next Saturday afternoon ?

Yeah I am.......I'll be listening to the Town game........I don't work Saturdays   :)

Posted by: RonMariner, February 6, 2019, 11:01am; Reply: 13
Sorry, but I have to agree with those for whom letting Podge go still rankles.

He was a great finisher, and allowing him to leave was just fat headed stupidity.  
Posted by: RonMariner, February 6, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 14
And of course they will probably make a million quid from the cup run and so be able to out spend us next season and bring in more quality.

Letting Podge go over peanuts was the epitome of a false economy.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 6, 2019, 11:53am; Reply: 15
Yeah, Amond would have been crazy to sign up to a two-year contract in January when he was in the form of his life yet the club were struggling to make any ground on the top two and looking like they would face the lottery of the play-offs again.

He probably knew he would never be in a better position to get himself a good contract again.

I don't mind the fact that Hurst felt he wasn't proven enough to merit a certain deal.  It's his opinion and whilst I disagree he was the manager of the side.  It's the fact he brought in players who were nowhere near the standard of Amond as replacements.
Posted by: Yoda, February 6, 2019, 12:15pm; Reply: 16
The biggest mistake in the clubs recent history must have made £2 million plus for Newport on the cup runs of the last two seasons.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 6, 2019, 12:15pm; Reply: 17
On a side note, BT sports commentators seem to be getting worse by the match.
Posted by: rancido, February 6, 2019, 12:37pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from pontoonlew

Without wanting to go over old ground, Amond was offered 2 years in Jan and waited out. Took us up with THIRTY GOALS and the messiah decided to reduce his offer as a result, citing he was unproven. No wonder he didn’t come back, treated grossly by the club for all the work he put in to getting us back into the league.

Then why didn't he accept the 2 year deal? As on another thread on The Fishy concerning MJ and his contract - would he accept a 2 year deal or hold out for better?
Posted by: ska face, February 6, 2019, 12:45pm; Reply: 19
Can someone just bump one of the hundreds of old threads where people have had this very discussion in the last few years?

Beyond boring now.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 6, 2019, 1:42pm; Reply: 20
I thought he had a great game and isn't just a finisher.

Still think he is better than Zidane.
Posted by: Mallyner, February 6, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

I thought you might have got another job, didn't somebody post you were off your trolley?  ;)

That should see my chances of winning the prediction league gone.  :)

Well done mate you do a great job of running that.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 6, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 22
should have been disallowed....Podge lost his marker because his marker was blatantly blocked, American football style, by a team mate.....nice finish though.  ;)
Posted by: kamakazebear, February 7, 2019, 12:17pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
On a side note, BT sports commentators seem to be getting worse by the match.

Is that possible? Thought they'd hit the rock bottom of awful when we were last shown
Print page generated: May 15, 2024, 8:16pm