Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2019, 4:25pm

Cheltenham host Yeovil in League Two tonight.....our next two opponents.
Let's hope it's a feisty game and the ref dishes out some red cards to key players   :)

I will be watching the Newport v Middlesborough FA Cup game (BT Sport).
The winner earns a dream home tie against Man City.

Posted by: TonySmith, February 5, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 1
A dream or a nightmare? Ask Burton Albion.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from TonySmith
A dream or a nightmare? Ask Burton Albion.

Let's put it this way, if Newport win tonight they will be guaranteed another £552,000 and it would make their total cup windfall around £1.2m

Posted by: hheh2, February 5, 2019, 5:19pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let's put it this way, if Newport win tonight they will be guaranteed another £552,000 and it would make their total cup windfall around £1.2m

That's a win
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 5, 2019, 6:37pm; Reply: 4

Which is why I want boro to win. Not much romance of the cup and all that but the less money our competitors have to spend next season the better 🤨
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 5, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 5
DJ not in the Yeovil team tonight. Has he left?
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2019, 8:16pm; Reply: 6

Cheltenham host Yeovil in League Two tonight.....our next two opponents.
Let's hope it's a feisty game and the ref dishes out some red cards to key players   :)

I will be watching the Newport v Middlesborough FA Cup game (BT Sport).
The winner earns a dream home tie against Man City.

Yeovil have a player sent-off.....straight red    ;)
Posted by: Hagrid, February 5, 2019, 8:16pm; Reply: 7
He’s injured. Yeovil down to 10
Posted by: Meza, February 5, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 8
Yeovil getting sucked into the relegation dogfight, its going to be interesting to see who falls into that trap door.  Not sure we are safe ourselves, but atleast we have some breathing space.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 5, 2019, 8:47pm; Reply: 9
Watching Newport making Middlesboro look like non league pub team. Pulis being out Pulised. Could be 3 up easily and a a blatent as there could  penalty for handball not given by Atwell.
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, February 5, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 10
Anyone know what happened to Sam Jones who was loaned from Shrewsbury to Cheltenham earlier in season? Is he still at either club?
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2019, 8:51pm; Reply: 11

Willmott scores for Newport and they fully deserve to be winning.
Posted by: Meza, February 5, 2019, 8:52pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Watching Newport making Middlesboro look like non league pub team. Pulis being out Pulised. Could be 3 up easily and a a blatent as there could  penalty for handball not given by Atwell.

Yeah watching it and they go 1 up
Posted by: lukeo, February 5, 2019, 9:05pm; Reply: 13
Gutted I'm not watching it but I hope Newport win, I know you say about competition but that's just 1 side, if we all had that attitude every time a big team played a small team then the gap would get bigger between those at the top and everyone else below.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2019, 9:09pm; Reply: 14

Cheltenham go 1 up at home to 10 men Yeovil.
Posted by: topuphere666, February 5, 2019, 9:09pm; Reply: 15
Superb goal from Podge!!!
Posted by: Croxton, February 5, 2019, 9:13pm; Reply: 16
Great reward for hard work and intelligent running all game.
Posted by: Davec, February 5, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 17
Amond scores for Newport, yes he's the same Amond who was deemed not as good as Scott Vernon
Posted by: buckstown, February 5, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 18
Only switched on at half time but Boro have been utter rubbish. They should be embarrassed.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 5, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Davec
Amond scores for Newport, yes he's the same Amond who was deemed not as good as Scott Vernon

Boro are clearly not as good as the top four sides in the Conference. We all know Podge only scores against crap sides.
Posted by: GrimRob, February 5, 2019, 9:36pm; Reply: 20
Get in there  8)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 5, 2019, 9:44pm; Reply: 21
Newport were 4-1 to win at one stage.  Despite the weather in their favour, and Boro fielding a weakened team, more money went on Boro after the teams were announced.

Well done Podge.  Newport will have plenty of money for next season.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 5, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 22
Newport were 4-1 to win at one stage.  Despite the weather in their favour, and Boro fielding a weakened team, more money went on Boro after the teams were announced.

Well done Podge.  Newport will have plenty of money for next season.
Posted by: Yoda, February 5, 2019, 9:54pm; Reply: 23
How did we let him go a question for Fenty.?????
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 5, 2019, 9:55pm; Reply: 24

Yeovil played for 70 mins tonight with 10 men, maybe it could give us a slight advantage on Saturday ???
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 5, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Yoda
How did we let him go a question for Fenty.?????

Probably more to do with Paul Hurst.
Posted by: chaos33, February 5, 2019, 10:02pm; Reply: 26
Absolutely a Hurst decision and one he called wrong, sadly.
Posted by: supertown, February 5, 2019, 11:15pm; Reply: 27
Just heard their manager basically saying he took one for the team on Saturday against us, making the cup their priority
Posted by: willows fc, February 6, 2019, 1:29am; Reply: 28
Podge is a good player obviously!! But think lot of people forget we offered him a 3 year deal in the January when still in the conference an he turned it down.... Then when we won promotion he was offered a one year deal an he turned it down again. Think we need to get over the obsession with him now... UTM
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, February 6, 2019, 6:03am; Reply: 29

Yeovil played for 70 mins tonight with 10 men, maybe it could give us a slight advantage on Saturday ???

If we win Sat and Macclesfield beat Crewe then Yeovil are
only out of bottom 2 on GD
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 6, 2019, 9:35am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

If this happens we could be in 10th place with 14 games to go 😀
Posted by: ginnywings, February 6, 2019, 9:56am; Reply: 31
Quoted from supertown
Just heard their manager basically saying he took one for the team on Saturday against us, making the cup their priority

That was obvious on the day. They didn't play to their full strength, and the players they did put out were not "at it". Can't blame them, and it has paid off handsomely for them. Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.
Posted by: buckstown, February 6, 2019, 10:08am; Reply: 32
Looking at the league table I think it's safe to say Yeovil will be "up for it" on Saturday. If we can go there and win I'll start believing we can look up. Maybe that will also mean the boys can play with more freedom which should help the run in
Looking at the Cheltenham forum this morning they seem to think they're now safe which makes me wonder why I'm still twitchy?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 6, 2019, 12:48pm; Reply: 33
If Notts somehow win a game or two or three then things could get real interesting at the bottom

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 6, 2019, 1:48pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
If Notts somehow win a game or two or three then things could get real interesting at the bottom

They've won 4 all season... 30 games in
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 6, 2019, 2:14pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from buckstown
Looking at the league table I think it's safe to say Yeovil will be "up for it" on Saturday. If we can go there and win I'll start believing we can look up. Maybe that will also mean the boys can play with more freedom which should help the run in
Looking at the Cheltenham forum this morning they seem to think they're now safe which makes me wonder why I'm still twitchy?

Hard not to feel confident at the moment, feel like we could soak up the pressure and to be down there they must be vunerable at the back, woolford and hessenthaler starting counter attacks with hendrie and ring flying up the wings, embleton, cook and thomas up the middle all ready to pounce. Can’t wait!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 6, 2019, 4:26pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

They've won 4 all season... 30 games in

Correct

I'm just saying it 'could' get rather interesting if they somehow managed two or three wins

Look at us last season - who would of thought we would end up winning 4 out of our last 6 games!?!

I certainly didn't

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 6, 2019, 4:34pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from buckstown

You can take the boy out of Grimsby but not take the pessimism out of the boy 😉
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 6, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Correct

I'm just saying it 'could' get rather interesting if they somehow managed two or three wins

Look at us last season - who would of thought we would end up winning 4 out of our last 6 games!?!

I certainly didn't

I think it was actually 4 of the last 5 games we won, the other game was the 2-2 draw with Barnet at BP.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 6, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from willows fc
Podge is a good player obviously!! But think lot of people forget we offered him a 3 year deal in the January when still in the conference an he turned it down.... Then when we won promotion he was offered a one year deal an he turned it down again. Think we need to get over the obsession with him now... UTM

It’s the whole business of the reduced contract length that was the issue. Can hardly blame Podge for turning down that.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 6, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Boro are clearly not as good as the top four sides in the Conference. We all know Podge only scores against crap sides.

Stats never lie, though I bet if Buckley let podge go you’d be saying how right of a decision it was.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 6, 2019, 9:11pm; Reply: 41
Watching the WBA vs BHA replay ...didnt realise Conor Townsend was at WBA now.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 6, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Stats never lie, though I bet if Buckley let podge go you’d be saying how right of a decision it was.

Buckley was a more successful manager than Hurst. So I'd be more inclined to trust his judgement after 6 years at the helm. Compare his first 6 years with Hurst's.
Posted by: willows fc, February 7, 2019, 1:51pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s the whole business of the reduced contract length that was the issue. Can hardly blame Podge for turning down that.

I can understand that but can also see it from the clubs side of things. When we was in conference an offered the deal he wanted to keep his options open an didn’t sign so the club probably unhappy at that. Loyalty works both ways.

Ps I’d of loved Podge to stay but he didn’t an need to move on.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 7, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from willows fc

I can understand that but can also see it from the clubs side of things. When we was in conference an offered the deal he wanted to keep his options open an didn’t sign so the club probably unhappy at that. Loyalty works both ways.

Ps I’d of loved Podge to stay but he didn’t an need to move on.

It's not a question of loyalty. It's a question of securing the right talent. Hurst spectacularly fouled up there. What you're effectively saying is because an employee doesn't accept a new contract because he thinks he might get better elsewhere, you punish him by offering him a less favourable one for not being loyal.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 7, 2019, 3:17pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

And if Morecambe lose wont they still be one point ahead of them?
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 1:03pm