Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, January 29, 2019, 10:42pm
Just noticed that Lee Angol was not in Shrewsbury squad tonight - not featured much recently apart from being a bench warmer (was unused sub vs Wolves in FA Cup) - he may be injured or dropped further down the pecking order.

I think we were interested in him at start of season when still at Mansfield - maybe we are again?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 29, 2019, 11:04pm; Reply: 1
He's too obtuse for us.  ;)
Posted by: forza ivano, January 29, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 2
Someone on Twitter mentioned Ellis Harrison from Ipswich, looks like hed be a good addition
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 29, 2019, 11:08pm; Reply: 3
We should be scalene back these puns
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, January 29, 2019, 11:13pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano
Someone on Twitter mentioned Ellis Harrison from Ipswich, looks like hed be a good addition

Pretty good record with Bristol Rovers - 52 goals in 205 games - 1 in 4
Posted by: BenBB, January 29, 2019, 11:15pm; Reply: 5

Don’t be such a square
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, January 29, 2019, 11:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

So not acute (or sharp) but still useful in triangles :-)
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 29, 2019, 11:30pm; Reply: 7
Angol has slipped to 4th choice striker at Shrews. Fans think he's lazy with skill but inflated ego. Might come on loan with a view to a longer deal?
Posted by: Poojah, January 29, 2019, 11:35pm; Reply: 8
Didn’t want to come back in August. His choice. Don’t see Jolley going back under those circumstances.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 29, 2019, 11:36pm; Reply: 9

Pretty good record with Bristol Rovers - 52 goals in 205 games - 1 in 4

Ignore me coz I think it has to be bollox having looked into it a bit more.He's a regular in the first team squad and scored for them a couple of weeks ago.am sure he d be looking at league 1 at worst
Posted by: Poojah, January 29, 2019, 11:43pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from forza ivano

Ignore me coz I think it has to be bollox having looked into it a bit more.He's a regular in the first team squad and scored for them a couple of weeks ago.am sure he d be looking at league 1 at worst

Indeed. It was Harrison who scored the undeserved equaliser against us for Bristol Rovers in the play-off final at Wembley.

Anyway, Hurst, who seems to have a penchant for signing players who have had big games against him (Mackreth, Jolley, Thomas and Nsiala all spring to mind) paid £750k for him in the summer. He won’t be signing, on loan or otherwise, for a League Two club anytime soon
Posted by: Garth, January 30, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 11

Would prefer an Angol to the sphere at simple bank
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 30, 2019, 10:29am; Reply: 12
Could be right?
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 30, 2019, 10:34am; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

You could be ‘right’  ;)
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), January 30, 2019, 10:42am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Poojah
Didn’t want to come back in August. His choice. Don’t see Jolley going back under those circumstances.

It would require a 180 degree turn.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 30, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

But we do have an acute goal shortage so he could be the right Angol for us? ;)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 30, 2019, 2:46pm; Reply: 16
We've signed a couple of Vikings, so why not an Angol?
Posted by: Helgy, January 30, 2019, 4:20pm; Reply: 17
Les Angol helped us over the line with his goals on the conference he was on loan from Posh we wanted to sign him but he was offered crazy wages by Mansfield.
He’s a good forward just seems to have lost his way in the last season.
The right manager could get him firing on all cylinders.

Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 30, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 18
This saga is quite protracted now
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Helgy
Les Angol helped us over the line with his goals on the conference he was on loan from Posh we wanted to sign him but he was offered crazy wages by Mansfield.
He’s a good forward just seems to have lost his way in the last season.
The right manager could get him firing on all cylinders.

Yeah, maybe, but we'd be looking to sign Lee, the talented one in the family.
Posted by: Helgy, January 30, 2019, 6:59pm; Reply: 20
Les Angol lol 😂 definitely better off with Lee.
Posted by: Connecticut Mariner, January 31, 2019, 3:27pm; Reply: 21
With the loan signing of Dennis, it looks like my angle on Angol was a bit off - back to the drawing board........
Posted by: buckstown, January 31, 2019, 10:03pm; Reply: 22
Gone back to Lincoln on loan
Posted by: Helgy, February 1, 2019, 8:25am; Reply: 23
Happy with that never saw it coming ,though lots unhappy with the signing but that's just crazy expecting us to sign players that are out of our reach.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2019, 8:35am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Helgy
Happy with that never saw it coming ,though lots unhappy with the signing but that's just crazy expecting us to sign players that are out of our reach.

Big squad now though be a job in itself keeping all the players happy.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2019, 8:43am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Helgy

You've created a monster. All those new fans will want feeding constant wins, success and new signings. Will be interesting to see what happens when you hit the wall and can't progress any further, like we did in the 90's. Some of those new fans will stick around, but many will drift away when the excitement of winning stuff stops.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 1, 2019, 9:26am; Reply: 26
"Lincoln City fans to take giant inflatable penises to Notts County" - [url]https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/lincoln-city-fans-take-giant-2491764[/url]

Wow. Do Lincoln fans really think that opposition fans will buy into this 'Prostate Cancer awareness` thing? What a smug bunch, still years of pent up bitterness at any teams in the region who are on the decline and thus targets now things are looking better for them.

Touchy subject matter, I realise, but ask yourself if the Hardy/Twitter gaffe hadn't happened, would they bother with such an awareness theme? Would you watch a bunch of goading fans taking the pi$$ and waving inflatable penises and think...hmm,I came for a football game but now I'm acutely aware of this potential medical problem thanks to all those inflatable toys and kind thinking opposition fans.

Lincoln fans doing what they do best, acting like a bunch of pr icks.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 1, 2019, 9:43am; Reply: 27
Quoted from RoboCod
"Lincoln City fans to take giant inflatable penises to Notts County" - [url]https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/lincoln-city-fans-take-giant-2491764[/url]

This can only create mass confusion. What happens when the Notts County stewards can not tell which are the inflatables and which are the fans  ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2019, 10:00am; Reply: 28
Quoted from RoboCod

Wow. Do Lincoln fans really think that opposition fans will buy into this 'Prostate Cancer awareness` thing? What a smug bunch, still years of pent up bitterness at any teams in the region who are on the decline and thus targets now things are looking better for them.

Touchy subject matter, I realise, but ask yourself if the Hardy/Twitter gaffe hadn't happened, would they bother with such an awareness theme? Would you watch a bunch of goading fans taking the pi$$ and waving inflatable penises and think...hmm,I came for a football game but now I'm acutely aware of this potential medical problem thanks to all those inflatable toys and kind thinking opposition fans.

No matter how over inflated nothing will match Cowley`s ego

Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2019, 10:40am; Reply: 29
If Town fans did that, they would probably all be arrested for indecency and given banning orders.
Posted by: pizzzza, February 1, 2019, 10:54am; Reply: 30
Quoted from RoboCod

Hmmmm, from that story:

Quoted Text
The disease is one of the biggest killers among men and Mr Mulhall says any chance to raise awareness should be embraced.

“I don’t think enough men check. If anything comes of it then it’ll lead to more people checking before the game on Saturday,” he added.

So they want more men to "check" before the game on Saturday? I'm pretty sure you need to get an appointment with an expert to get your prostate checked. Either they do not know what/where the prostate is or it is an elaborate plan to get Lincoln fans to put their finger up their own arses.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 1, 2019, 11:07am; Reply: 31
Quoted from pizzzza

Hmmmm, from that story:

So they want more men to "check" before the game on Saturday? I'm pretty sure you need to get an appointment with an expert to get your prostate checked. Either they do not know what/where the prostate is or it is an elaborate plan to get Lincoln fans to put their finger up their own arses.

Think I got mine checked on the way in at Stevenage !!!
Posted by: RoboCod, February 1, 2019, 12:14pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from ginnywings
If Town fans did that, they would probably all be arrested for indecency and given banning orders.

Strangely enough it was those self-righteous Lincoln supporting prudes who reported Elding for grabbing his crotch in the derby match a while back, something deemed unacceptable by the football boards and he was punished. Maybe the inflatables will be seized and on the spot fines issued for any fan carrying a rude phallic shaped  toy...who knows anymore.

I know this subject won't be agreed upon because of the very nature of the subject so let me say..if a large number of Notts fans do the same then it could be deemed as a more even display of football banter at least but it's still aimed at ridiculing one person, and as I doubt many Notts fans have much more regard for Hardy given his record it seems this factor will override any apparent charity push.

I hope the actual fundraiser does some good but..I just cannot imagine me and my fellow fans waving giant inflatable willies ...I'm not even sure if it's legally acceptable if there are children around? As with Ginny's above quote, though likely made in jest, does this fall into public disorders/indecency act?

Anyway,  2-1 to County, who make use of the distraction. :P

Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 1, 2019, 12:35pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from RoboCod

Do they mean blow-up Danny Cowleys?
Posted by: Helgy, February 1, 2019, 12:38pm; Reply: 34
GinnyWings
Can’t disagree, having sat through 5 seasons of absolute crap personally I am just enjoying the ride but the expectations are just too much.
It’s time for fans to realise we are who we are and not get too far ahead of themselves.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 1, 2019, 1:16pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from RoboCod

I actually think it's quite funny.  Alan Hardy tweeted a picture of his member to the world, their next game the opposition fans decide to wind him up about it.  

The raising awareness is obviously a decoy and some sort of justification for getting the inflatables into the ground, or at least putting pressure on County to allow them in, but if it raises awareness for a single person then it has to be a good thing.

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 1, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from pizzzza

I happened to spend a couple of days in hospital last year and as my family were sat around the bed the nurse came in and put some rubber gloves on. I said to my youngest who was sat next to the bed if you see her putting some gel on one of her fingers, step back because I'm making a run for it.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 37
Anyway, this is just Lincoln catching up with us again. We've been doing the inflatable thing for years. We've moved on to Mariachi bands, bin rolling and wigs now.  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2019, 2:51pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from ginnywings
Anyway, this is just Lincoln catching up with us again. We've been doing the inflatable thing for years. We've moved on to Mariachi bands, bin rolling and wigs now.  :)

I thought we'd moved onto longships now?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2019, 2:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Helgy
GinnyWings
Can’t disagree, having sat through 5 seasons of absolute crap personally I am just enjoying the ride but the expectations are just too much.
It’s time for fans to realise we are who we are and not get too far ahead of themselves.

Stop being so bloody reasonable. You're not giving our muppets the excuse to be, well,  muppets about Lincoln.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:12am