Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 19, 2019, 2:56pm
After McKeown's sending off and a 3 match ban ?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 19, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 1
No Russel will be able to cover for 1 match I'll be shocked if it doesn't get over turned
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 19, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 2
I'd have thought Russell is a decent enough stand-in for a few weeks with Battersby on the bench!
Posted by: Abdul19, January 19, 2019, 2:57pm; Reply: 3
Professional fouls are usually a one game ban, I believe.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 19, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 4

Looks like I got the 3 match ban wrong then  ðŸ˜“
Posted by: Davec, January 19, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 5
We don't need a keeper and we won't sign one,

Russell is more than capable and we won't qualify for an emergency loan and it would be pointless to sign somebody until end of season when he won't play, rememeber there are no short tern loans now
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 19, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 6
Nah stick Sam Russell in
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 19, 2019, 3:04pm; Reply: 7
It will be one game and Russell can cover that
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 19, 2019, 3:14pm; Reply: 8
We need a striker not a keeper,

How long have we been saying this ?
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 19, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 9
It's a one match ban for denying a goalscoring opportunity and they'll just put Battersby on the bench on Tuesday, so no.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 19, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 10
As already said, keeper position is fine but we desperately need a striker.
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 19, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58
As already said, keeper position is fine but we desperately need a striker.

A striker is surely priority, I'm fed up watching the EFL on Quest on a Saturday night and I lose count of the number of goals scored by ex Town players it's unbelievable especially as they never did it for us. You watch tonite and see the goals from ex town, oh and one on MOTD aswell
Posted by: Bigdog, January 19, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 12
Depends how the ref saw it. Macca won the ball so it could be a three match ban if interpreted as a both feet off the ground dangerous and high lunge. Not saying Dean got it right, and it'll have no chance of getting overturned by the panel..
Posted by: toontown, January 19, 2019, 11:33pm; Reply: 13
The whole point of paying Russell's wages as reserve keeper is for situations like this, so no we shouldn't be signing a keeper
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 20, 2019, 7:57am; Reply: 14
Quoted from MrsMariner

A striker is surely priority, I'm fed up watching the EFL on Quest on a Saturday night and I lose count of the number of goals scored by ex Town players it's unbelievable especially as they never did it for us. You watch tonite and see the goals from ex town, oh and one on MOTD aswell

Well that tells me we did not get the best out of the players we had that was a fault of our system, not the players.

It will be interesting to see how Matt and Podge do against us in a couple of weeks.
Posted by: Dopleganger, January 20, 2019, 8:47am; Reply: 15
Why not throw Battersby in?

Just putting it out there.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, January 20, 2019, 8:57am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Dopleganger
Why not throw Battersby in?

Just putting it out there.

Hi Les
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 20, 2019, 10:45am; Reply: 17
So, do we know if McKeown's red card is a one or three match ban?
Posted by: A.l.f., January 20, 2019, 11:00am; Reply: 18
Surely Sam has to play on Tues at FGR - he will be relishing the thought and is more than capable.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 20, 2019, 11:20am; Reply: 19
No doubt Sam Russel will deputise through Maccas absence and I for one actually rate him, from what I have seen of him he distributes the ball quicker and likes to feed out the centre backs/mid fielder's rather than hoof the ball, probably more down the fact that he doesn't particularly get much get that much distant from dead ball or drop kick situations..
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, January 20, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 20
No Russel will be able to cover for 1 match I'll be shocked if it doesn't get over turned

I admire your optimism but as much as I love Macca that was a sending off all day long.
Posted by: denni266, January 20, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 21
wont need another keeper for just one match , hopefully just one match
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 20, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 22
Stick with Russell in goal 1 game or 3.. He's a good keeper with plenty of experience and some of the loan keepers we have had Forecast or Kean anyone!!
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:18pm