Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nutsy, December 28, 2018, 12:10pm
Who is on your Wishlist for January signings?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, December 28, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 1
New Swedish centre back

[img]https://i.ibb.co/1Qm7R00/vurt-the-furk-swedish-chef-saying-what-the-intercourse-1476380275.jpg%22[/img]
Posted by: Mallyner, December 28, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 2
Agnetha, I could take a chance on her.  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 28, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 3

Lionel Messi.....although no doubt Cowley will have had him watched I think he is more suited to our style of play.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 28, 2018, 11:55pm; Reply: 4
We'll need another centre back. Maybe as backup to Davis and Collins with a view to replacing Collins next season, although Whackmore has improved lately. We're short there, and with Dixon gone (thank the Lord), and Fox likely to be moving on, even with Ring's signing we're short. Famewo could cover perhaps but has had his fair share of injuries and hasn't set the world alight when he's played. I like Hendrie at right back, get him signed up.

We really could do with good news regarding Charles Vernam as he's a huge player for us, if it's bad news I really don't think Cardwell is the answer down the right of the three. Beyond that, we'd be looking at Woolford or Hessenthaler, both out of position and not suitable long term.

Do we need another centre forward? Wes Thomas is on fire at the moment, I'd like to see Akheem Rose given an opportunity rather than signing someone else as he's showed real glimpses of quality and has undoubted pace. I think there is a real player in Jordan Cook as well, he hasn't been in the side of late but he has great technical qualities, I just don't know where he plays.

Our bench of late does look a little lightweight, but I wouldn't want us bringing players in for the sake of it. The lads are really gelling now, the team has a real work ethic, I was proud of them at Vale and of late. I wouldn't want too many out and too many in to upset that spirit.

Our biggest signings for me, would be the lads who are running through walls for us and out of contract in six months time. I've long criticised our contract renewal policy. Now is the time to re-sign players who are settled, of good character and doing the business for us. Let's not have yet another player of the year sodomist off on a Bosman.
Posted by: hheh2, December 29, 2018, 12:06am; Reply: 5
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Woolford or Hessenthaler, both out of position and not suitable long term.

What's wrong with Hess?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 29, 2018, 4:36am; Reply: 6
Someone to share the workload up front with Sergent Wes Thomas. He gets through some work and is knocked about I am sure he would welcome another decent striker who can run direct at defences and score goals.

We had one until Fenty's mate (Spit) got rid of him.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, December 29, 2018, 7:35am; Reply: 7
Centre half winger striker - job done
Posted by: Cloudy, December 29, 2018, 7:44am; Reply: 8
Not a wishlist as such but I wonder if their is an issue with Famewo?
Article in Luton press seems to suggest he has just been left out here rather than injured and I may be reading between the lines too much but is there a question about his attitude?

MJ not given much info about his sudden injury which was going to keep him out a "couple of weeks" in early Nov?
Posted by: golfer, December 29, 2018, 9:01am; Reply: 9
A. Belle to follow Ring from Sweden according to yesterdays Musical Express
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2018, 10:27am; Reply: 10
Quoted from golfer
A. Belle to follow Ring from Sweden according to yesterdays Musical Express

Belle and Sebastian.....used to watch them as a kid and they weren't footballers  :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 29, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 11
Quoted from hheh2

What's wrong with Hess?

Unavailable for selection. He died in Spandau years ago.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 29, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 12
A centre half is pretty urgent now. Otherwise we're ok
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 29, 2018, 12:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from hheh2

What's wrong with Hess?

Nothing at all, he's a quality central midfielder but not as effective in Vernam's role wide right of the front three IMO.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 1:52am