I believe our fitness coach has gone to Blackpool
Posted by: benny1618, November 15, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from OllieGTFC

With Kevin from Grimsby?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, November 15, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 2
Adam Forrest
Posted by: Abdul19, November 15, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 3
Remember him playing for Ipswich in the 90s.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 15, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Lucky thing. Are the Christmas lights up?
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 15, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from OllieGTFC

I don’t think I’ve ever left Blackpool fitter then when I went !!
Posted by: wuffing, November 15, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 6
The weekend breaks are ace... ??)
Posted by: Posh Harry, November 15, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 7
It must of been the criticism from denni that did it 😗
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 15, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Posh Harry
It must of been the criticism from denni that did it 😗

Well I can’t believe he was poached due to our lack of injuries and superb last 20 minute performances ??
Posted by: Hagrid, November 15, 2018, 7:53pm; Reply: 9
Well thats come out of nowhere
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 15, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 10
Let the conspiracy theories begin....
Posted by: Cloudy, November 15, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 11
Most of our back room staff are on peanuts and therefore susceptible to being poached
Posted by: Mallyner, November 15, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Pier pressure?  :)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 15, 2018, 8:32pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mallyner

Pier pressure?  :)

Other than his short stint in Sweden, his other appointments appear to have been in the North West.

As has already been said, we seem to have had a lot of niggles this season and our fitness hasn't looked the best.
Posted by: Croxton, November 15, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 14
Trying to get Welsh and Fox up to pace broke him.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 15, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Cloudy
Most of our back room staff are on peanuts and therefore susceptible to being poached

KP or supermarket own brands ?.....doubt Mr Fenty would stretch it to the KP.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 15, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 16
Good riddance this is one of the unfittest Town squads in ages.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 15, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 17
We have no chance if it was pier group pressure.  We lose out 3-1.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 15, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 18
Denni, your time has come. With your thoughtful, scientific input on fitness we could really go places
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 15, 2018, 10:18pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano
Denni, your time has come. With your thoughtful, scientific input on fitness we could really go places

Like Mablethorpe.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 15, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Like Mablethorpe.

Do they have a club? I was thinking more like Osset Albion or stalybridge Celtic
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 15, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from forza ivano

Do they have a club? I was thinking more like Osset Albion or stalybridge Celtic

Dunno. I was just thinking about seaside resorts.  ;D

Herne Bay?
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 16, 2018, 8:06am; Reply: 22
Do we need a fitness coach? surely dave moore doesnt spend most of his days rubbing men down?
Posted by: Cloudy, November 16, 2018, 8:08am; Reply: 23
Quoted from monkeyboy
Do we need a fitness coach? surely dave moore doesnt spend most of his days rubbing men down?

Times have moved on. A properly qualified fitness coach with the skills to deliver are like goaldust in the modern game.

Are you JSF? ;)
Posted by: golfer, November 16, 2018, 8:09am; Reply: 24
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Other than his short stint in Sweden, his other appointments appear to have been in the North West.

As has already been said, we seem to have had a lot of niggles this season and our fitness hasn't looked the best.

Should have been West End
Posted by: Davec, November 16, 2018, 8:53am; Reply: 25
So will we appoint another fitness coach or will we do without? I think I know what Fenty and the rest of the board prefers
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 16, 2018, 8:54am; Reply: 26
I think it's unfair to blame one guy for any injuries within the squad.

As an absolute minimum you need a strength and conditioning coach to ensure the players are in the best shape to endure the work the fitness coach will put in, which then should show benefits during games.

If the lad is/was employed as a fitness coach and he's either A) trying to make the players fitter without them having the conditioning work in correlation or B) trying to do both roles, he's on a hiding to nothing.

If we're going at this half-arsed we might as well not bother.
Posted by: gtfcmd, November 16, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 27
you would of thought it would of been announced by GTFC first rather than finding out from other sources
Posted by: Cloudy, November 16, 2018, 9:25am; Reply: 28
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think it's unfair to blame one guy for any injuries within the squad.

As an absolute minimum you need a strength and conditioning coach to ensure the players are in the best shape to endure the work the fitness coach will put in, which then should show benefits during games.

If the lad is/was employed as a fitness coach and he's either A) trying to make the players fitter without them having the conditioning work in correlation or B) trying to do both roles, he's on a hiding to nothing.

If we're going at this half-arsed we might as well not bother.

We still have the S&C coach who was appointed to look after the youth but nabbed by Slade for 1st team. Forrest was the fitness coach which seemed a little excessive for Town but when you look at the numbers of backroom staff many of the teams at our level now have perhaps not
Posted by: thevera, November 16, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Davec
So will we appoint another fitness coach or will we do without? I think I know what Fenty and the rest of the board prefers

I wonder if Hursty would be interested? He's out of work.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 16, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 30
Quoted from forza ivano

Mablethorpe Athletic
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 16, 2018, 12:17pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Cloudy

We still have the S&C coach who was appointed to look after the youth but nabbed by Slade for 1st team. Forrest was the fitness coach which seemed a little excessive for Town but when you look at the numbers of backroom staff many of the teams at our level now have perhaps not

So the S&C Coach is doing both the youth and the first team then?

I don't think it's excessive at all to be honest. Even with the changes that Jolley is bringing in (and in fairness to previous managers, ones they've tried to bring in too), we're still miles behind most clubs.  

Much is made of the fact that the club is a hard sell because of the location.  But what about the infrastructure? I'd like to think the type of player we want to attract is one who wants to maximise their potential.  If you're coming here to look at the training ground, you're probably going to be a bit disappointed.
Posted by: Cloudy, November 16, 2018, 1:07pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from diehardmariner

So the S&C Coach is doing both the youth and the first team then?

I don't think it's excessive at all to be honest. Even with the changes that Jolley is bringing in (and in fairness to previous managers, ones they've tried to bring in too), we're still miles behind most clubs.  

Much is made of the fact that the club is a hard sell because of the location.  But what about the infrastructure? I'd like to think the type of player we want to attract is one who wants to maximise their potential.  If you're coming here to look at the training ground, you're probably going to be a bit disappointed.

No, the Youth section appointed another S&C coach sometime after their original choice was 'promoted' ( this may have been within a week or so of starting). Cant recall his name, a doubled barrelled surname iirc?
Posted by: Tommy, November 16, 2018, 1:28pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Cloudy

No, the Youth section appointed another S&C coach sometime after their original choice was 'promoted' ( this may have been within a week or so of starting). Cant recall his name, a doubled barrelled surname iirc?

Yep, Will Nichols Rose is the Lead Academy S&C.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 8:52am