Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bedlington_mariner, October 24, 2018, 10:05am
A view from Sunderland

Sorry if its already been posted :)

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/10/24/18016404/roker-roundup-outstanding-sunderland-prospect-proving-hes-one-of-league-twos-top-players

Posted by: psgmariner, October 24, 2018, 10:24am; Reply: 1
Would be great if we could keep him for the season but I am not hopeful.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 24, 2018, 10:32am; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
Would be great if we could keep him for the season but I am not hopeful.

Can't believe Sunderland or England are interested in him....the amount of times he bottled challenges, gave the ball away cheaply, sulked when he didn't receive a pass, argued with team mates, those 2 yd open goal chances he shanked wide, left the full back exposed through lack of tracking back and as for that standing ovation we all know that was for the return of Famewo coming on and nothing to do with EE....

i seriously wouldn't want him back if i were them....if you catch my drift.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 24, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Bedlington_mariner

I don't disagree but that link is not to a view from the Sunderland manager is it?
Posted by: psgmariner, October 24, 2018, 11:18am; Reply: 4
Actually now you mention it he has been crap whilst he has been here. Perhaps a whole season on loan to us might be the ideal place for him to learn from all these school boy mistakes.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, October 24, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 5
If the team was unnamed how do they know it was him?
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 24, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 6
He's got soooo much to learn, I think he should spend the next few seasons with us developing.  ;)
Posted by: oochiad, October 24, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 7
Sunderland are doing ok, they might not need him back for a while......
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 24, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 8
I don’t think we’ll have trouble keeping him on loan as long as he keeps getting gametime
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 24, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 9
I know from a Sunderland supporting mate that they know exactly how good he is. But he needs games and he’s young. I think (HOPE) we’ll have him for the season. And I expect he may well end up playing for them in the championship next season. Win win. Doesn’t hurt us to be known as a club who’ll sign, play and develop talented young loan players.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 24, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 10
Clearly a very talented boy but while sunland are riding high and his game time/ experience is growing , no reason why he can’t stay a bit longer
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 25, 2018, 12:55pm; Reply: 11
If we are going to try and keep him for the full season, I hope they get some kind of contact going with the relevant parties at Sunderland before the window opens. If he carries on like this and with their recent selection woes in the middle of the park, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's on the Lincoln radar. On current form, he'd be an asset to anyone in the division and there'll be competition if we don't get this done as early as possible. Location should actually work in our favour for once, at least.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 25, 2018, 1:37pm; Reply: 12
Sunderland are doing extremely well.  Especially away from home recently.  They took 4,200 fans to Donney on Tues for a good win.

If Embleton continues to not hit a shot at goal with his left foot when 8 yards out, then we might well keep him for the season.    
Posted by: Nutsy, October 25, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 13
Imagine our midfield conundrum when Whitehouse is back!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 25, 2018, 7:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Nutsy
Imagine our midfield conundrum when Whitehouse is back!

Embleton will be long gone by then. Whitehouse not back till next season - at least that's what he said last week.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 25, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 15
Michael Jolley might not be a experienced manager yet,

BUT

He is a well known top coach of younger players,

So hopefully a lot of clubs will want to send their young up and coming players to us so we could develope them.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:41pm