Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wigworld, October 6, 2018, 7:56pm
[url]https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/11519708/grimsby-2-0-port-vale[/url]
Posted by: barralad, October 6, 2018, 8:50pm; Reply: 1
That second goal was excellent all round play.
Posted by: Kris2, October 6, 2018, 9:03pm; Reply: 2
Honestly should have got 3 if Hooper's accuracy was better. Nice to see the failed back pass happen to the other team for once.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 6, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 3
Trust me to pick this one to miss. Absolutely delighted. Pass and move. And what a time to start playing. Oh my.  Cannot wait until Exeter.

UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 7, 2018, 8:00am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Kris2
Honestly should have got 3 if Hooper's accuracy was better. Nice to see the failed back pass happen to the other team for once.

And what about Embleton;s "goal" that was disallowed due to a mysterious foul the ref saw?
Posted by: mariner83, October 7, 2018, 8:01am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Kris2

He hit the post ffs, an inch to the left and it's a goal.  At least we're having chances (and actually scoring them too).
I thought Hoops looked decent yesterday and was pleased he was rewarded with a goal.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, October 7, 2018, 8:06am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

And what about Embleton;s "goal" that was disallowed due to a mysterious foul the ref saw?

I was really pleased to see that one Les as a mate had money on 3-0.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Cloudy, October 7, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Thought Rose clearly fouled a few seconds before Embleton ‘scored’. The whistle had gone well before he shot
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 7, 2018, 11:48am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Cloudy

Thought Rose clearly fouled a few seconds before Embleton ‘scored’. The whistle had gone well before he shot

All that said I can’t recall seeing a ref conned so many times as he was yesterday.

As I always say they know the rules but nothing about the game. Over a weekend I think there is 46 pro games in England surely with all the money in the game there should be 50 odd pro refs rather than enthusiastic amateurs.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 7, 2018, 4:35pm; Reply: 9
yes but look at how many pro Prem refs are absolutely useless
Posted by: Kris2, October 7, 2018, 11:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

You mean the one Mitch Rose committed because he was angry about giving the ball away cheaply? Even if you're biased as a GTFC fan you can't honestly say you didn't see that foul. He kicked the guys legs from under him.
Posted by: Maringer, October 7, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 11
I thought Rose won the tackle fairly at the time. Not seen it since so couldn't say if this actually was the case or not, but it looked OK from my viewpoint. The ball certainly went the direction you'd expect if a tackle had been made.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 8, 2018, 7:13am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Maringer
I thought Rose won the tackle fairly at the time. Not seen it since so couldn't say if this actually was the case or not, but it looked OK from my viewpoint. The ball certainly went the direction you'd expect if a tackle had been made.

But the ref blew immediately and well before the ball got to Embleton
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2018, 10:03am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer

Exactly, looked a good tackle to me. Can't say I heard the ref's whistle so I was celebrating the "goal" before I realised it had been disallowed.
Posted by: Poojah, October 8, 2018, 10:05am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

Exactly, looked a good tackle to me. Can't say I heard the ref's whistle so I was celebrating the "goal" before I realised it had been disallowed.

As was I, but having seen it back it was a definite foul. No arguments.

Fortunately it didn’t matter.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Poojah

As was I, but having seen it back it was a definite foul. No arguments.

Fortunately it didn’t matter.

That's fair enough then. I haven't seen the incident again but if you say it was a definite foul Poojah, then that's good enough for me.  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, October 9, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 16
Credit for finding something the ref got right!

Posted by: Maringer, October 9, 2018, 9:13am; Reply: 17
Quoted from chaos33
Credit for finding something the ref got right!

Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day...  :)
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 12:58am