Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 5:05pm

Let's not beat about the bush.......1-0 up at half-time flattered us.....it was a dire performance by us yet again.....yes the happy clappers will say we hit the bar but Morecambe should've been out of sight by then.

Sack Jolley Monday morning Mr Fenty then give the next manager some proper money to save us from a second disastrous relegation into the tinpot under your tenure.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 29, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 1
Jolley OUT
FENTY OUT worst custodian ever, worst era of our great history.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 29, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 2
Everyone out.
Posted by: Yoda, September 29, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 3
I hate to say it he’s out of his depth and floundering.
He’s got to go.
Posted by: immariner, September 29, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let's not beat about the bush.......1-0 up at half-time flattered us.....it was a dire performance by us yet again.....yes the happy clappers will say we hit the bar but Morecambe should've been out of sight by then.

Sack Jolley Monday morning Mr Fenty then give the next manager some proper money to save us from a second disastrous relegation into the tinpot under your tenure.

Playing devil's advocate- how does it make sense to sack MJ but give the next manager "proper money"? Why couldn't Jolley spend that money just as well, if that's what the issue is.

Posted by: jimgtfc, September 29, 2018, 5:31pm; Reply: 5
Reluctantly, I agree 😔
Posted by: RoboCod, September 29, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from immariner

Playing devil's advocate- how does it make sense to sack MJ but give the next manager "proper money"? Why couldn't Jolley spend that money just as well, if that's what the issue is.

Exactly. Bring in a rated Manager on a good wack and spend less on your employees or give a good wodge to your employees but hire a cheaper Manager.

The former option would work rather well when running a fish factory I believe, less so in the sports-based/entertainment business.

Posted by: kenlyn, September 29, 2018, 5:46pm; Reply: 7
I was under the assumption that Jolley was on the 6 month rolling contract and probably has just started the second phase or has he?

I like everybody expected better this season and the 3 games without losing gave me hope that things were going in the right direction
but sadly it is looking like the bottom 2 as of today are there for the rest of the season. Who could or would want to replace Jolley to
change our fortunes, I haven't got the answer.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, September 29, 2018, 5:49pm; Reply: 8
Sorry, have to disagree. Transfer windows closed, we haven’t got a pot to pee in. We are in the relegation zone in league 2. What top manager is going to come and turn us around do you think?
Doesn’t make good reading I’m afraid, but I think we have to hang on and hope.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from kenlyn
I was under the assumption that Jolley was on the 6 month rolling contract and probably has just started the second phase or has he?

I like everybody expected better this season and the 3 games without losing gave me hope that things were going in the right direction
but sadly it is looking like the bottom 2 as of today are there for the rest of the season. Who could or would want to replace Jolley to
change our fortunes, I haven't got the answer.

Every morning Jolley wakes up he has 6 months left on his contract, that's how it works.

Posted by: Gaffer58, September 29, 2018, 5:52pm; Reply: 10
If Jolly goes the new man cannot spend any " big money" until January's transfer window, but up until then he would have time to properly assess what he has so that he can hopefully improve the squad then, the only problem is various players are on 2 year deals so they would cost us to move them out as let's be honest nobody's going to be buying them.
Posted by: bedders78, September 29, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 11
I think we're going to struggle until Fox and RHJ are fit.  We are sorely missing their energy on the flanks which would allow us to play a tighter 3 in midfield and still have some width
Posted by: GrimRob, September 29, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 12
If Jolley goes then Limbrick will be the next manager.
Posted by: Rik e B, September 29, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 13
#cheapoption
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Rik e B
#cheapoption

Neil Woods it is then.

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 29, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GrimRob

You are right imo but he will be caretaker at first,

Then if nobody of substance turns up or we start winning games ,

He will get a 6 month rolling contract.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 29, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete

You are right imo but he will be caretaker at first,

Then if nobody of substance turns up or we start winning games ,

Isn't it time Fenty tried to put someone on a zero hours contract?
Posted by: RoboCod, September 29, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Isn't it time Fenty tried to put someone on a zero hours contract?

I believe we're trying out the newer 'zero goals' contract :-/
Posted by: Ipswin, September 29, 2018, 7:09pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from immariner

Would you risk giving Jolley 'proper money'? Proper money has  entrusted to someone who knows what he's doing

Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from GrimRob

People seem to say that every time (cheap option etc etc) but wasn't the last assistant to get the job Rodger(s) in 2006?
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimsby pete

Nowt wrong with a 6 month rolling contract imo. A lot of the people who say MJ should be sacked were claiming he should be on a 3 year deal, 3 months ago!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 29, 2018, 7:18pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19

Nowt wrong with a 6 month rolling contract imo. A lot of the people who say MJ should be sacked were claiming he should be on a 3 year deal, 3 months ago!

Pete included!  ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, September 29, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 22
To be fair to JF getting rid of Jolley is a relatively cheap option, he resisted the temptation to give him a better deal. Hard to believe he was one of the favourites for the Barnsley job a few weeks ago. But most fans me included would have given him a long term deal. I'd still stick with him but want an improvement in the next few games. Limbrick would then get November.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 29, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from immariner

Considering some of the crap he has signed, not sure I would trust him with your money.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 29, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Idiot!

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 29, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 25
I got to wondering, is limbrick the problem and not Jolley??
Last season he had wilko by his side, a man who knows this club and what it means to the town and fans....I think jolley needs an older and more experienced head to steer him in the right direction....maybe even dump.limbrick now and get AB in to mentor Jolley??...just a thought after half a bottle of bacardi drowning my sorrows!!!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 26
AB?

Drink some more Bacardi mate.  ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 8:52pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Idiot!

Just my opinion, but if my opinion isn't to your liking what do you suggest an idiot like me does on a forum which posters should be allowed to express opinions ?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 29, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ginnywings
AB?

Drink some more Bacardi mate.  ;)

Oh believe me ginny I am, after today I'll be doing the full bottle....all I'm saying is I don't think jolley isn't potentially a good manager, but he needs guidance and AB could help him...
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 29, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Pete included!  ;)

That's right but I have already said I was wrong.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Oh believe me ginny I am, after today I'll be doing the full bottle....all I'm saying is I don't think jolley isn't potentially a good manager, but he needs guidance and AB could help him...

You'll regret it in the morning.  ;D

Let AB enjoy his retirement i say.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 29, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from ginnywings

You'll regret it in the morning.  ;D

Let AB enjoy his retirement i say.

At this moment in time I'm regretting crossing the humber bridge at 1.30 and putting myself through that shitshow today...
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

At this moment in time I'm regretting crossing the humber bridge at 1.30 and putting myself through that shitshow today...

Feel your pain mate and i only had a 25 minute walk to the ground. I was adamant i wasn't going today, but as usual, the hope overcame the expectation and i found myself walking to the ground, then trudging back despondently yet again.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 29, 2018, 9:39pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

Feel your pain mate and i only had a 25 minute walk to the ground. I was adamant i wasn't going today, but as usual, the hope overcame the expectation and i found myself walking to the ground, then trudging back despondently yet again.

And no doubt we'll do it again next weekend.....
Posted by: chaos33, September 29, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 34
I'm not going for a bit. I've had enough. 80 miles each way for that sh1t. Again and again. Nope.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from GrimRob
To be fair to JF getting rid of Jolley is a relatively cheap option, he resisted the temptation to give him a better deal. Hard to believe he was one of the favourites for the Barnsley job a few weeks ago. But most fans me included would have given him a long term deal. I'd still stick with him but want an improvement in the next few games. Limbrick would then get November.

Who's favourite the bookies or the people that sign the cheques at Oakwell? I'd bet the former.

I so wanted MJ to be a success, open, approachable, engaging, well qualified (on paper at least), experience working in a prem structure, moved to the area and he and his Mrs wanted to be part of things. Alongside Mitch Rose and Macca his efforts kept us up last term without a doubt and I'm sure there is more reason why this lad should have progressed this season.

However we are 91st in the EFL and have lost 6 games in a row scoring one goal during the period and even before the end of September the player look like their mental circuits are frazzled.

Even at lunch time today I didn't think todays game would define his future and posted so but after seeing how we turned victory into defeat for me we have to make a change now, MJ's a really good person who I think will ultimately succeed as manager but maybe not at EFL level though, possibly in an emerging country who knows?

What I do agree with Rob is that JF will long this out a bit and then ultimately appoint Limbrick.

So remember where you heard it first...............

The route to Maidenhead Utd is M180, M18, M1, M25, M40, A404 follow the signs to Maidenhead Town Centre the ground is on your left on the dual carriageway into the town centre,

Quite happy to supply route details for Fylde, Sutton, Maidstone etc.. the rest JF's sat nav will surely remember as he and the rest of The Gang of 4 seem determined to take is back to some of those places.        

Posted by: Ipswin, September 30, 2018, 8:45am; Reply: 36
Paul Hurst and Russel Slade are pissing themselves laughing (Slade I can understand but Hurst has surely got intercourse all to laugh about)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 30, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 37
My first game of the season and I can see all the frustrations writ large.
Decent going forward, playing good football and creating chances..
But.... We can’t defend and can’t finish. Defensively we are simply awful. The things I’d seen on iFollow are even worse in the flesh. People scared to put a tackle in and even worse, attitude and hard work missing when we don’t have the ball. That is not to difficult to fix. This is Jolleys challenge though. I’d give him October to sort it.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 30, 2018, 9:35am; Reply: 38
Quoted from chaos33
I'm not going for a bit. I've had enough. 80 miles each way for that sh1t. Again and again. Nope.

I have a similar journey to home games. Yesterday was the first one I didn’t bother going. Couldn’t face it. Don’t feel remotely smug about missing another defeat. At the moment I’m not even sure I can be arsed to pay £10 on Tuesday for ifollow.

What a desperately sad mess.
Posted by: chaos33, September 30, 2018, 9:56am; Reply: 39
It is really sad. Especially the drive home after matches.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 30, 2018, 10:07am; Reply: 40
Surely the 2 games this week define his future. Lose the 2 or only get a lucky point then I think we will have to say that sadly his time is up. I think by then it would be 1 win in 12? Which I don't think anyone could argue against.
The new man would inherit a team with quite a few qualities which would stI'll be well in touch with the rest of the bottom feeders.leave it much longer and we are in danger of being cut adrift.
I really really hope he comes up with something, but my overwhelming impression from his interview yesterday was that he'd run out of ideas. He's tried everything and nothing has come off
Posted by: Ipswin, September 30, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 41
I have the feeling listening to his latest statement and reading between the lines that he just might quit before he's pushed.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 30, 2018, 10:59am; Reply: 42
Quoted from Ipswin
I have the feeling listening to his latest statement and reading between the lines that he just might quit before he's pushed.

I  concur with this.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 30, 2018, 11:06am; Reply: 43
Apparently Jolley on his way out
Posted by: denni266, September 30, 2018, 11:15am; Reply: 44
Sounded to me like he was asking to be removed... dont think he will walk tho as he would lose his 6 months of pay as i see it... if he was sacked he would still get his 6 month pay imo
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from denni266
Sounded to me like he was asking to be removed... dont think he will walk tho as he would lose his 6 months of pay as i see it... if he was sacked he would still get his 6 month pay imo

Like most contracts that I have dealt with, notice of termination works both ways, resign and you still have to work your notice unless you and your employer come to an agreement that you don't have to work your notice but you still get paid in lieu of notice which I would assume would be the case if MJ decided he had had enough.
Posted by: ska face, September 30, 2018, 12:11pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Ipswin

Was sat in the Main Stand yesterday and he was reacting to almost every comment in his direction. Turning round, giving fans the stink-eye for suggesting that the players don’t “want it”, staring a bloke out for calling the squad negative.

Had the look of a man thinking “I don’t need this”, when he’s spent a good few years working with better players in nicer surroundings with hardly any pressure.

As someone else mentioned last week, if he really wants to be a football manager then let him fight it out and prove himself.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 30, 2018, 1:05pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious. Unless you've got some actual info to add.in which case sauce/sorss/source please
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 30, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 48

Hope Jolley got the players in for extra training today like most managers would after such a dreadful run ?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 30, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from OllieGTFC

made that up all on your own did you?

D**k
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 6:46pm