Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 27, 2018, 12:12pm
95% of what is written on here is FAKE news so why Was the thread removed your going to be very busy removing anything that is potentially a rumour
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 27, 2018, 12:18pm; Reply: 1
I think it was more to do with some of the content in that thread which certain people need to have a word with themselves about
Posted by: Kris2, September 27, 2018, 12:39pm; Reply: 2
I think rumours and slander about certain individuals are what caused major problems for The Fishy in the first place. Not really a good idea to allow the forum to go back down that road. That thread was getting out of control.

Most rumours and fake news are just funny and obviously fake. It's different when people start acting like they are insiders or create threads that turn into massive slag off fests.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 27, 2018, 12:39pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from crusty ole pie
95% of what is written on here is FAKE news so why Was the thread removed your going to be very busy removing anything that is potentially a rumour

Bentley was banned for trolling fake news on here. I don't think 95% of the stuff on here is at all, it's mainly people's opinions which is fine.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 27, 2018, 12:58pm; Reply: 4
Bentley may be banned but the Bentley rating lives on
Posted by: Mikoo, September 27, 2018, 2:15pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Bentley may be banned but the Bentley rating lives on

3 Bentley
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 27, 2018, 3:35pm; Reply: 6
This thread is almost as pointless as the Fenty’s Gone one
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 27, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob

Bentley was banned for trolling fake news on here. I don't think 95% of the stuff on here is at all, it's mainly people's opinions which is fine.

I wondered where he had gone.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, September 27, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 8
Sometimes on here clearly some people have nothing else in their lives and start writing vitriolic rubbish. The idea of a forum board is to create debate and conversation but it often falls into pathetic nonsense and that's a shame really.
Posted by: lee65, September 27, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
Sometimes on here clearly some people have nothing else in their lives and start writing vitriolic rubbish. The idea of a forum board is to create debate and conversation but it often falls into pathetic nonsense and that's a shame really.

I think half the problem Vinny is that we almost try to avoid talking actual football at the minute because it’s too upsetting  :(

Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 27, 2018, 7:53pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from lee65

I think half the problem Vinny is that we almost try to avoid talking actual football at the minute because it’s too upsetting  :(

Possibly why we have 70 pages on the stadium and with the new transfer rules we don’t  have the signing rumours and Who is going to Peterborough for a million to talk about
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 11
I think it's disgusting the fake news and lies that people are prepared to put out there without consideration of the effect on people. Some would have thought that post was true and got their hopes up only to be cruelly dashed when they found out the truth.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 28, 2018, 6:47am; Reply: 12
I subscribe to the opinion that if people believe half of what’s written on social media then they’re as daft as the people posting bollox.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 28, 2018, 7:10am; Reply: 13

But one interesting internet fact. Amazingly, Google does not recognise the word ‘gullible’  Try it and see what comes up. !!
Posted by: Grim74, September 28, 2018, 10:01am; Reply: 14
I thank Rob for the time he puts in on the Fishy, but it seems we don’t have a week pass without him censoring! This site was much better when people were aloud to voice their opinions and the moderators to step in when the odd poster crosses the line.

From what I observed there was nothing slanderous in that post it was merely just a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter about Fenty leaving. The poster even said as much and it got people posting which is the whole point.

I bet Fenty wasn’t insulted in any way shape or form, he’s got thicker skin then Theresa May. We know that he’s regularly on the Fishy and he could of come on at anytime and rubbished the rumour but rightly chose not to get involved, I bet he was laughing his bollox off that it even reached 2 pages 😂

I think Rob is steering the fishy down a slippery slope when he’s now effectively banning rumours.
Posted by: ska face, September 28, 2018, 10:19am; Reply: 15
Been like that for years. Remember a couple of threads getting removed when people objected to snivelling ticket touts being handed privileged access and positions at the club?

Jobs for the boys, cronyism, silencing criticism. What a regime.
Posted by: Garth, September 28, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Grim74
I thank Rob for the time he puts in on the Fishy, but it seems we don’t have a week pass without him censoring! This site was much better when people were aloud to voice their opinions and the moderators to step in when the odd poster crosses the line.

From what I observed there was nothing slanderous in that post it was merely just a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter about Fenty leaving. The poster even said as much and it got people posting which is the whole point.

I bet Fenty wasn’t insulted in any way shape or form, he’s got thicker skin then Theresa May. We know that he’s regularly on the Fishy and he could of come on at anytime and rubbished the rumour but rightly chose not to get involved, I bet he was laughing his bollox off that it even reached 2 pages 😂

I think Rob is steering the fishy down a slippery slope when he’s now effectively banning rumours.

Really!  give your head a wobble, it was not the rumour itself but its content
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), September 28, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 17
All I want is a win tomorrow. UTM
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 28, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from 140067
All I want is a win tomorrow. UTM

As long as it's Town that get it!  ;)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 28, 2018, 1:45pm; Reply: 19
Rob did the right thing....people mentioned something, which I will not refer to, that if read by the wrong person was too personal and would've been deeply hurtful...well done Rob for acting swiftly to close the thread down before it got out of hand..
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 28, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 20
So a thread has been removed which was a reaction to a "fake news" tweet saying that John Fenty was leaving Grimsby. There is no indication that this is the case.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wgGv48H.gif[/img]
Posted by: Grim74, September 28, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 21
I don’t recall reading anything too personal or deeply hurtful, maybe I missed that one I don’t know, but one thing for sur is that people are to easily offended on other peoples behalf these days. Bunch of snowflakes.

Posted by: Marinerz93, September 28, 2018, 5:09pm; Reply: 22
Thoughts when the name John Fenty is mentioned

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8aoVXZH.gif[/img]
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 28, 2018, 5:25pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93
Thoughts when the name John Fenty is mentioned

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8aoVXZH.gif[/img]

Expect to receive a writ through the post for that 😎

On the rumour it did the the rounds throughout the town and was posted so what ? I can’t recall anything defamatory written on here unless I missed it off course.
Posted by: Rick12, September 28, 2018, 5:31pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
And lowers the authenticity of the fishy.

Posted by: Marinerz93, September 28, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Expect to receive a writ through the post for that 😎

On the rumour it did the the rounds throughout the town and was posted so what ? I can’t recall anything defamatory written on here unless I missed it off course.

;D

[img]https://i.imgur.com/w11HI3d.gif[/img]
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 28, 2018, 7:51pm; Reply: 26
Get a f@cling grip...people constantly associating michael jolleys dad with a possible take over when he's father passed away a few years back...so, yes Rob did right removing the thread....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 28, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 27
Maybe the poster didn't know that. I didn't know that. A simple correction would have been better.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 11:02am