Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 23, 2018, 10:10pm
https://twitter.com/JonPalmerSport/status/1032730058148995072
Posted by: ginnywings, August 23, 2018, 10:14pm; Reply: 1
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not Cheltenham.  :-/

Good luck anyway Sam.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, August 23, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 2
Good, don’t want him here on loan like the rumours a few weeks back, stopped giving his all in the shirt when things started to go wrong towards Christmas, wouldn’t fit Jolleys style anyway.

Back to the conference for him, good of become a great player for us last season.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, August 23, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 3
Guess they must have a new manager in place already then
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 23, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt
Guess they must have a new manager in place already then

It certainly puts the Slade rumour to bed!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 23, 2018, 11:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Good, don’t want him here on loan like the rumours a few weeks back, stopped giving his all in the shirt when things started to go wrong towards Christmas, wouldn’t fit Jolleys style anyway.

Back to the conference for him, good of become a great player for us last season.

Was clearly "Sladed" in that period. I'd have him back, no question, though i don't think our need is as great now.
Posted by: hheh2, August 24, 2018, 1:55am; Reply: 6
Liked him as a footballer I'd take him back until Whitehouse gets fit
Posted by: TAGG, August 24, 2018, 5:24am; Reply: 7
Good player.
Liked him when he was here. I would have liked him to have stayed with us.
Posted by: ska face, August 24, 2018, 7:00am; Reply: 8
All this talk about wanting players with the right attitude and wanting to play for the club...then falling over yourselves to take Sam Jones back. Wow.

Didn’t break a sweat once in the months before he left us after someone clearly had a word in his ear. Was the same at Gateshead, spat his dummy out and was on the bench when we picked him up.

Bad attitude, not fit enough in six months for Hurst at Shrews, we’ve got to expect better.
Posted by: oochiad, August 24, 2018, 7:58am; Reply: 9
I definitely wouldn’t want him back. We have much better.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2018, 8:22am; Reply: 10
Quoted from ska face
All this talk about wanting players with the right attitude and wanting to play for the club...then falling over yourselves to take Sam Jones back. Wow.

Didn’t break a sweat once in the months before he left us after someone clearly had a word in his ear. Was the same at Gateshead, spat his dummy out and was on the bench when we picked him up.

Bad attitude, not fit enough in six months for Hurst at Shrews, we’ve got to expect better.

I assumed it was the Slade factor. If i'm wrong, and he indeed had a bad attitude, then fair enough, but Hurst signed him, and he usually gets his homework right.
Posted by: oldun, August 24, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 11
Hero to zero mmmm
Posted by: cjbill, August 24, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

I assumed it was the Slade factor. If i'm wrong, and he indeed had a bad attitude, then fair enough, but Hurst signed him, and he usually gets his homework right.

I'm pretty sure he was a Bignot signing.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 24, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from cjbill

I'm pretty sure he was a Bignot signing.

Correct. Pretty sure that he was targetted for the exit in the same way that all the Bignot signings were.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 14
Bignot signed him for us, Hurst signed him from us.  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 24, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 15
Think Hurst may have targeted him before Bignot came too, IIRC.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 24, 2018, 7:29pm; Reply: 16
Hurst wanted him but could not get him,

Then when he did get him he did not want him. :)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 24, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 17
We saw two sides of Sam Jones when he was with us. The first side was a hard working lad giving his all, clearly he wasn't suited to dealing with throat high balls and he massively spat his dummy out. He loves the ball in front of him and is a cool and collected finisher. He isn't a striker IMO, isn't really a 'number 10' and isn't a central midfielder. Not really sure what his best position is. Was he just woefully out of form towards the end at Town? I don't think so, he hardly broke a sweat. Wouldn't want him back, but at the same time I will remember his fondly for the player he was for 3/4 of his stay.
Posted by: Teestogreen, August 25, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 18
A chap called Sam Jones scored for Cheltenham today - was it the same one? Thought he was decent for us, if it is. Similarly - Sireke Dembele seems to be doing 'ok' for Peterborough! Would be interested to know if the 'undisclosed sell on fee' included a clause granting GTFC 'further?' money for this player, if the player is further sold on?

I hope Hagrid doesn't see this - James Norwood scored for Tranmere Rovers today - aaaarrrghhh!

What a mess this football competition is.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 26, 2018, 8:38am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Teestogreen
A chap called Sam Jones scored for Cheltenham today - was it the same one? Thought he was decent for us, if it is. Similarly - Sireke Dembele seems to be doing 'ok' for Peterborough! Would be interested to know if the 'undisclosed sell on fee' included a clause granting GTFC 'further?' money for this player, if the player is further sold on?

I hope Hagrid doesn't see this - James Norwood scored for Tranmere Rovers today - aaaarrrghhh!

What a mess this football competition is.

There are add ons on Dembele sale. I understand we will get further funds based on appearances, Posh winning promotion and any future sale
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 2:05am