Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 2, 2018, 7:57pm
Hearing that town are going too make a huge signing in the next 24 hours ..... no names that I dare mention  but its huge
Posted by: gary_elton, August 2, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 1
Akinfenwa   ???
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 2, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 2
To be fair id love him at town
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 2, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 3

Omar Bogle   8)
Posted by: psgmariner, August 2, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 4
Please tell me you didn’t glean this information from the Hard Transfer Twitter account.
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), August 2, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 5
If so we will probs wait till after the game to announce in case spirits need lifting after a loss...
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 2, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 6
You sure you're not Bentleys doppelganger??....😒
Posted by: StickfordMariner, August 2, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 7
Am I the only one who isn’t expecting anything to happen in 24hours??
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, August 2, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 8
Anyone listen to RH tonight cos according to Matt Dean and MJ, the latter is working on something now but doesn’t know whether they can complete before Saturday (not that I’m attempting to give credence to this thread’s grand statement).
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), August 2, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 9
From the ‘Hard Transfer’ Twitter Account??!! Don’t be drawn in, it’s mostly BullPoo!!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 2, 2018, 8:50pm; Reply: 10
As in 'great signing' type big or 'Matt Rhead' type big?
Posted by: 11MARINER11, August 2, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 11
The few people i get rumours from ( quite often right ) aint got anything . Not even a whisper !
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 2, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 12
The predictable Ali Koiki question got asked again and Matt Dean was given the same, predictable answer. Move on from the subject, he's made it clear he won't talk about it.
Posted by: CodHead, August 2, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 13
Bentley 2.0
Is here
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 2, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 14
I was told by an insider last week, we were close to signing a striker.
Posted by: CodHead, August 2, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 15
Maybe Martin Paterson has Burnley links
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 2, 2018, 9:57pm; Reply: 16
Is it Tony Crane? He must be fuckin enormous by now.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, August 2, 2018, 9:59pm; Reply: 17
David Bentley on a free ???

See what I did there ?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 2, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 18
If it's the name I've heard mentioned, it'll be amazing
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 2, 2018, 10:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Grace ?
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 2, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 20
Why cant people just give us a name if they have one
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 2, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Please tell......we won't hold you to it   :)

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 2, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete

Grace ?

Carl hooper
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 2, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 23
‘If it’s the name I’ve heard’ = I’ve no idea what I’m on about.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 2, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pontoonlew
‘If it’s the name I’ve heard’ = I’ve no idea what I’m on about.

Ok, as I said, I'd be very surprised if it is. But, had a text from a lad I know, not heard from him for a while and he's not a town fan either, saying we are getting bogle on loan
Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 2, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Ok, as I said, I'd be very surprised if it is. But, had a text from a lad I know, not heard from him for a while and he's not a town fan either, saying we are getting bogle on loan

Oh dear God not this again!!
Posted by: GyMariner, August 2, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 26
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: Poojah, August 2, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 27
I always remember the night when some freshly registered poster started spouting bollocks about how we were about to sign Jamie Devitt and Richard Brodie the following day. Both were completely unfeasible for different reasons.

The rest, as they say, is history. However the idea of Bogle coming back to Town just seems too fanciful for so many reasons, i.e.:

- He’ll be on around £10k a week at Cardiff, and we’d never get anywhere near a level which would make it worthwhile for Cardiff to let him come to us

- If, somehow, we could afford him, then so could virtually every club in League One and several others in the Championship who’d be interested in taking a punt on him

- It would be a massive backward step, and a symbol of failure, for Omar himself. One he has almost no need to take

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be wrong on this however I’m pretty damn certain I’m not. If I am, I’ll do something terrible with a sausage in front of the pontoon.

Not as a forfeit either - out of excitement...
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 2, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 28
As I said poojah, not sure where this has come from. It's totally left field because of the reasons you've stated above. Maybe he wants to get his confidence back and be somewhere, where he's done so well before.

Or maybe the lad I know has been on the pop all day
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 2, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Poojah

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be wrong on this however I’m pretty damn certain I’m not. If I am, I’ll do something terrible with a sausage in front of the pontoon.

Not as a forfeit either - out of excitement...

(hot dog from the lower)  you'll eat it   ;D

Posted by: Kris2, August 2, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 30
So this was an interesting one, apparently signing from abroad on the way in after being persuaded to move here. Played in the top league in the country they come from (It's an Asian country was told) and the biggest draw was apparently how accommodating GTFC was to his needs and family. His wife is apparently done fitness coaching and physio for pro Volleyball and wouldn't mind getting into football so the club promised her a job too if he signs.

Probably won't be registered and everything before the FGR game but they are set to fly in tomorrow apparently and will be attending the game by the sound of it to take a look around and get a feel for the club while final talks take place.

My source was full of BS last time though but this story was so good that it was hard to ignore it lol.
Posted by: drbell, August 2, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 31
Only plausible argument for Bogle could be they are not getting the offers for a permanent deal they want, and most clubs won't take a loan just to Jan. So we take him till Jan, somewhere he can settle in quickly and should get headlines, then he is sold in Jan.
Even if true, if he does well, how would we fill the void? Planned arrival from Sweden?
Posted by: Poojah, August 2, 2018, 11:06pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from promotion plaice

(hot dog from the lower)  you'll eat it   ;D

Christ, are you suggesting I’m some kind of sicko?
Posted by: Poojah, August 2, 2018, 11:08pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Kris2
So this was an interesting one, apparently signing from abroad on the way in after being persuaded to move here. Played in the top league in the country they come from (It's an Asian country was told) and the biggest draw was apparently how accommodating GTFC was to his needs and family. His wife is apparently done fitness coaching and physio for pro Volleyball and wouldn't mind getting into football so the club promised her a job too if he signs.

Probably won't be registered and everything before the FGR game but they are set to fly in tomorrow apparently and will be attending the game by the sound of it to take a look around and get a feel for the club while final talks take place.

My source was full of BS last time though but this story was so good that it was hard to ignore it lol.

I’m not suggesting you’re wrong, but how do you get all that detail without a name?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 2, 2018, 11:11pm; Reply: 34
That either has to be true, or is the most elaborate, overblown rumour ever.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 2, 2018, 11:15pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ginnywings
That either has to be true, or is the most elaborate, overblown rumour ever.

I'm with the latter!!
Posted by: sam gy, August 2, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from 1542
From the ‘Hard Transfer’ Twitter Account??!! Don’t be drawn in, it’s mostly BullPoo!!

Mostly? It all is.....thats the point. it's a parody account  ;D
Posted by: Zmariner, August 2, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 37
I did not believe any of this but now I see that it has been authenticated by Bentley I have more confidence. I am glad he still posts every message board needs one
Posted by: RexFannies, August 2, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 38
Is it Fowler maybe?
Posted by: Mallyner, August 3, 2018, 5:58am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Poojah

I’m not suggesting you’re wrong, but how do you get all that detail without a name?

Lol. Its a bit like when you see those people who are apparently passing messages from beyond the grave, they can tell you just about everything but a name.  :). He has done well to find all that out though if hes correct.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 3, 2018, 6:28am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Zmariner
I did not believe any of this but now I see that it has been authenticated by Bentley I have more confidence. I am glad he still posts every message board needs one

And every village has one  ;)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 3, 2018, 6:49am; Reply: 41
Had a quick browse of @HardTransfers and to be fair they called Andrew Fox 8 months & 1 manager before we actually signed him.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 3, 2018, 7:17am; Reply: 42
I was told by someone very close to the club it’s a 6 figure signing , if it comes off, and there’s the rub. Fingers crossed he signs.

UTM
Posted by: GTFCNiles, August 3, 2018, 7:23am; Reply: 43
Nathan Arnold
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 3, 2018, 7:46am; Reply: 44

Not saying this big signing is happening (hope it is) but anyone know the signing cut-off time when a player can't play on Saturday ?
Posted by: golfer, August 3, 2018, 8:01am; Reply: 45
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I was told by someone very close to the club it’s a 6 figure signing , if it comes off, and there’s the rub. Fingers crossed he signs.

UTM

£138K over 4 years
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 3, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 46
This has either really caught people’s imagination or there is something going on... mate of mine says he’s heard Ryan Bowman’s name mentioned again.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 3, 2018, 8:06am; Reply: 47
Quoted from jimgtfc
This has either really caught people’s imagination or there is something going on... mate of mine says he’s heard Ryan Bowman’s name mentioned again.

No chance, he's just knackered his ankle, can't see that rumour having any legs....but, Newport have just signed a new striker, wouldn't be at all surprised if Podge hasn't been tapped up...
Posted by: dicko995, August 3, 2018, 8:16am; Reply: 48
Nothing on Cardiff site about Omar, but Rhys Healey has been loaned out to a club, the fans are saying to a league one club, so doubt its us, and a younger striker loaned out to a league two club, but that's Newport, so we can rule them 3 out, we,ll just have to wait and see
Posted by: Meza, August 3, 2018, 8:17am; Reply: 49
Can't see podge coming back would love it mind.  I think it's a target man type striker he's after.  Unfortunately I have nothing else to add.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 3, 2018, 8:44am; Reply: 50
Lee Angol??
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 3, 2018, 8:45am; Reply: 51
No doubt I'll get a load of red crosses for saying this but I hope it isn't Bogle to be honest. I know he had a real purple patch when with he was with us, but he also turned in a lot of sub-par performances as well. I always felt with Omar that he was a bit "all about me" and I can't see him fitting in with the team/work ethic that MJ is trying to instill.
Posted by: SheepGTFC, August 3, 2018, 8:49am; Reply: 52
Quoted from golfer

£138K over 4 years

Oddly specific, so a permanent signing?
Posted by: Abdul19, August 3, 2018, 8:51am; Reply: 53
It's only a matter of time before @HardTransfers becomes a 'Sky Sports Source'
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 3, 2018, 8:52am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
No doubt I'll get a load of red crosses for saying this but I hope it isn't Bogle to be honest. I know he had a real purple patch when with he was with us, but he also turned in a lot of sub-par performances as well. I always felt with Omar that he was a bit "all about me" and I can't see him fitting in with the team/work ethic that MJ is trying to instill.

Good point and also a worry for me but maybe MJ is the man to get the best of that ability he obviously has.

I can't imagine that Bogle will be joining us but if he does, one of the deciding factors could be that MJ has convinced him that Town is where he can re-ignite a career that has stuttered since he left us.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 3, 2018, 8:53am; Reply: 55
Ive heard Lee Angol from mansfield
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 3, 2018, 8:55am; Reply: 56
It is Lee Angol, not signing until Monday.

Not sure why people with this info went all cloak and dagger for 6 pages acting like they’re in MI5.
Posted by: SheepGTFC, August 3, 2018, 9:00am; Reply: 57
Quoted from Hagrid
Ive heard Lee Angol from mansfield

I'd have him.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 3, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 58
Is Lee Angol a six figure, "get bums on seats" kind of player?

Know the name, but other than that, don't know much about him. I was away for our game against Mansfield at BP?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 3, 2018, 9:08am; Reply: 59
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Lee Angol??

This was just putting 2&2 together btw

However he would be a very very good signing IMO

Holds the ball up very well and scores plenty of goals.

One of them players you hate playing against
Posted by: Todmorden Mariner, August 3, 2018, 9:15am; Reply: 60
A lot of talented players or mavericks are "all about me" but if he puts the ball in the back of the net then great. Bogle brought something nobody else did and that was scoring individual, out of nothing goals (Carlisle away) and that was massively evident when he left. He has lost his way through making moves to the wrong clubs but I would have him here tomorrow ripping up this league and forgive him for the odd bad game as its League 2 and he would be replacing Vernon et al
Posted by: mariner91, August 3, 2018, 9:20am; Reply: 61
If we’ve paid six figures for Lee Angol then I’ll be very disappointed. Dropped by Mansfield towards the end of last season and Lincoln fans weren’t bothered when he chose Mansfield over them because he’d flattered to deceive even in tbe NL. I would love to be proved wrong but if this is true then it’s definitely not a massive signing and it is hugely underwhelming given the way people have built it up.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 3, 2018, 9:23am; Reply: 62
If it were a former Town striker returning my money would be on shop or Amond rather than Bogle.If it`s Angol he impressed me for Mansfield a right unit who can move and knows where the net is but 6 figures ?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 3, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 63
Got a couple of facts for everyone to chew on.  Lee Angol has played 83 times in League 2 and above, scoring 21 goals.  He has played 83 times in non-league and scored 39 goals.

Not sure that he is this 'big' signing, I've never heard of him before today and his stats are hardly breathtaking, however he may be the one, we will just have to wait and see.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 3, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 64
Quoted from Todmorden Mariner
A lot of talented players or mavericks are "all about me" but if he puts the ball in the back of the net then great. Bogle brought something nobody else did and that was scoring individual, out of nothing goals (Carlisle away) and that was massively evident when he left. He has lost his way through making moves to the wrong clubs but I would have him here tomorrow ripping up this league and forgive him for the odd bad game as its League 2 and he would be replacing Vernon et al

Agree with all of that. Plus it would pi$$ Swin off.

Win win 8)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 3, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 65
Fvcking better be ibra after all this.
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 3, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 66
No one in the club has said we're on the verge of an amazing or breathtaking signing, that's all been said by people on here.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 3, 2018, 9:33am; Reply: 67
Quoted from 123614
Got a couple of facts for everyone to chew on.  Lee Angol has played 83 times in League 2 and above, scoring 21 goals.  He has played 83 times in non-league and scored 39 goals.

Not sure that he is this 'big' signing, I've never heard of him before today and his stats are hardly breathtaking, however he may be the one, we will just have to wait and see.

He’s also only 23......
Posted by: Tommy, August 3, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 68
Don't think Angol would be a bad signing, but not sure about paying 6 figures for him. Don't think he merits that. He turns 24 tomorrow so still plenty of room for development which kind of fits in to the general mould of signings so far.

We will see. Been plenty enough times (even recently) where people on here have been convinced "player x" is signing only for absolutely nothing to happen.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 3, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 69
Bogle to Ipswich apparently. Let's hope that stops one ridiculous rumour!!
Posted by: mariner91, August 3, 2018, 9:40am; Reply: 70
Regardless of his age he wasn’t considered first choice at a team in our league who failed to make the play offs. He also scored a similar number of goals as the much maligned Hooper despite a similar number of games and playing in a better team.

If this is a massive signing then we’re fishing in a much worse pond than I ever imagined.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 3, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 71
Quoted from chipsandgravy

That's a really good move for him. Hope he gets his career back on track.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 3, 2018, 9:43am; Reply: 72
Just watched a video of Mansfields chairman being interviewed 2 days ago, and he says they have had bids for Lee Angol and Danny Rose in excess of 300k and said that both players are worth 300k, at least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YNDi6VrH4
Posted by: Bigdog, August 3, 2018, 9:45am; Reply: 73
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Fvcking better be ibra after all this.

Nah, not for me. Legs have gone..
Posted by: forza ivano, August 3, 2018, 9:47am; Reply: 74
Nothing specific on stags et although they seem fairly convinced he's on his way as he's likely to find himself as the back up striker, having been a regular last season, so definite motivation for angol to move. One mention that a completely unexpected bid came in for him last week but was rejected as it wasn't deemed to be high enough. He certainly splits opinion over there .real marmite he's either a lazy fecker who doesn't get in the box enough or a youngster who has real potential and better than their Danny rose who's off to Pompey or posh
Posted by: Impish2, August 3, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 75
Angol was decent enough here at Lincoln and we expected to be able to sign him permanently until Mansfield came in late and virtually doubled his offered wage. Definitely has ability but he does also drift in and out of games and he did have a bit of a 'big time charlie' attitude levelled at him in the past.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 3, 2018, 10:11am; Reply: 76
You can't moan that Angol is no good as he got dropped towards end of last season!

They went rapidly down hill at that point, and Mansfield fans want to keep him and Rose, but could lose both
Posted by: Youngy, August 3, 2018, 10:12am; Reply: 77
Quoted from 123614

24 years old, 60 career goals, so working on 6 years in the game he's averaging 10 a season? That's a decent return considering how many time's he's started games compared to being on the bench. There is a clearly something there, it's going to take a good manager to get it out of him
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 3, 2018, 10:18am; Reply: 78
Given that Rose has handed in a transfer request and looks to be going to Posh, I think this could be a bit further away than is speculated on here.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 3, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 79
I do sometimes wonder what some think is realistic in a potential striker. Someone who has been banging in goals consistently in league football simply isn’t going to be coming to league two unless it’s for silly money or location reasons. (Or to get fit with a loan spell etc)

Someone who’s nearly 24 with a decent record and played quite a few games added with a lot of potential to improve ticks the boxes for me.

Don’t forget, Connell and Amond (also Reddy?) had hardly lit the world alight before joining. Bogle and Hearn where unproven at higher level also.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2018, 10:34am; Reply: 80
Quoted from chipsandgravy

I hope not, the buggers following me!  I'll have to move

Mind you Hurst is definitely in for Kayden Jackson, Toto and Nolan, one more ex Mariner and I can start watching the Tractor Boys as they'll be Town reserves

Incidentally eight pages dedicated to Ipswich Town in this mornings local rag, seven of them 100% Hurst, they're even giving away free Hurst masks at the first game tomorrow, there isn't one cupping his ear unfortunately. The local wurzels will have to wait a while, get on his back and then they'll see him in a different light unless of course he leaves them for a better offer.

Posted by: dicko995, August 3, 2018, 10:36am; Reply: 81
most sensible answer yet, mikey_345
Posted by: Maringer, August 3, 2018, 10:44am; Reply: 82
I seem to remember Angol was a real handful when he came on against us last season (in the home game).

Scored 3 against us in 2 games last year, but we were really shite at the time so that's probably equivalent to just 1 goal against a decent team!  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, August 3, 2018, 10:45am; Reply: 83
Oh, and we most certainly wouldn't be paying £300k for him. That's just ludicrous.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 3, 2018, 10:59am; Reply: 84
Let me tell you what I have heard,

My source is very close to the club ( he lives in Harrington St )

The big signing is 6ft 9in striker who has played 110 games in the Ugandan Premier league scoring twice,

The hold up is getting International  clearance not just for him but for his mother too,

She is coming as part of the package as he does not want to leave his mam,

She has been offered the job of kit person as she is very good at washing and ironing,

He is 30 years old and only took up football at the late age of 27 when he realised there was a lot of money to be made from playing the game.

He loves Grimsby because he has lived on a diet of dried fish sold for £2 a block (10lbs ) shipped in from Youngs Seafood.

You might not believe a word of this and I do not blame you but it will happen because Bentley told me it would.
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 3, 2018, 11:03am; Reply: 85
Yawn
Posted by: Garth, August 3, 2018, 11:19am; Reply: 86
Let's get real, Omar a pipe dream due to finances, Angol never worth their valuation of 300k, half of that may be worth a punt.
Probably an unknown like Hearn, Lump etc who will come on in leaps and bounds with us
Posted by: Maringer, August 3, 2018, 11:39am; Reply: 87
Was Lump really an unknown when he'd played a few hundred games at a higher level before he joined us?
Posted by: golfer, August 3, 2018, 11:41am; Reply: 88
How anybody can seriously think that Town would be ABLE to spend £300K never mind someone from Mansfield reserves. Where on Earth would this money be coming from. We couldn't scrape £300K up even if we sold our full squad
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 3, 2018, 11:54am; Reply: 89
Angol has scored more goals in his career than the rest of our strikers put together. Think he’d be a decent signing, but the money would probably make it unlikely, not that Town would be paying 6 figures for anyone.
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, August 3, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 90
Town have offered a 6 figure fee. Now its a waiting game
Posted by: Bigdog, August 3, 2018, 12:03pm; Reply: 91
Lower number of players in squad, Dembele money and balance still to be paid for Bogle transfer (last update), it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we may have enough for a transfer fee at the extreme lower end of six figures, especially when addressing one of our biggest failings (of many) last season..
Posted by: oldun, August 3, 2018, 12:08pm; Reply: 92
Bogle, it's a no from me for so many reasons. Forget it.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 93
Town have offered a 6 figure fee. Now its a waiting game

£1000-01  either that or Fenty has dug deep and increased his benign loan - which would you prefer?

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 3, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 94
We wont bid 300k

They wanted 300k
he has since handed in a transfer request
his valued has instantly gone down as if they don't sell him now, he will probably not play next season, and be a free agent at the end of it...

It makes sense for them to get a bit of money now while they can
Posted by: Abdul19, August 3, 2018, 12:19pm; Reply: 95
My first thought was that he scored a shitload of goals for Southend in the early 90s. Then I realised I was thinking of a retired player with a different name and I've no idea who this chap is.
Posted by: dicko995, August 3, 2018, 12:32pm; Reply: 96
Brett Angel , abdul
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 3, 2018, 12:55pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from Bigdog
Lower number of players in squad, Dembele money and balance still to be paid for Bogle transfer (last update), it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we may have enough for a transfer fee at the extreme lower end of six figures, especially when addressing one of our biggest failings (of many) last season..

Have we paid a six figure fee since we were in the championship?

History would suggest that we won’t pay anywhere close to that. Do people think the Bogle and Dembele money will be ploughed into the playing budget?
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 3, 2018, 12:59pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Have we paid a six figure fee since we were in the championship?

History would suggest that we won’t pay anywhere close to that. Do people think the Bogle and Dembele money will be ploughed into the playing budget?

It's not a lot when you think how much relegation would cost us...
Posted by: golfer, August 3, 2018, 1:03pm; Reply: 99
I feel it.s a BIG target man we need-Angol not big or powerful enough for me. Naturally I would like Bogle but not a chance in a million. I have always liked the Shop but he doesn't seem very popular on here.
Posted by: rancido, August 3, 2018, 1:13pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from golfer
I feel it.s a BIG target man we need-Angol not big or powerful enough for me. Naturally I would like Bogle but not a chance in a million. I have always liked the Shop but he doesn't seem very popular on here.

The downside of having a BIG target man is the tendency to play route 1, especially if you are a goal down and not much playing time left. Matt Tees wasn't a big man but was good in the air and in the penalty area. I would prefer to have forwards who can create and take chances in the box rather than some man mountain like Rhead.
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, August 3, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 101
????? Wrong Town
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 3, 2018, 1:27pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from golfer

Funny you should say that.
This is how one mansfield fan describes him...

I think he has all the ability in the world. He's big, strong, quick, good on the ball he just needs to apply himself, this season is by far the biggest of his career so far.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from golfer
How anybody can seriously think that Town would be ABLE to spend £300K never mind someone from Mansfield reserves. Where on Earth would this money be coming from. We couldn't scrape £300K up even if we sold our full squad

Nobody on here is claiming we will be bidding/paying £300k for Angol? That's what their chairman said he is worth but as others have pointed out he has handed in a transfer request and as a result his value will have reduced.

Players are only worth what the buying club is willing to part with.

Was Neymar worth £220m? Probably not but that's what PSG were willing to pay.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 104
Lump a championship striker unknown lolz
Posted by: Father Christmas, August 3, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Nobody on here is claiming we will be bidding/paying £300k for Angol? That's what their chairman said he is worth but as others have pointed out he has handed in a transfer request and as a result his value will have reduced.

Players are only worth what the buying club is willing to part with.

Was Neymar worth £220m? Probably not but that's what PSG were willing to pay.

Argumentative fornicator
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from Father Christmas

Argumentative fornicator

Nope that's not very jolly and Christmassy is it!

In what realm of fantasy was that being argumentative?

Posted by: golfer, August 3, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 107
Mighty Mariner-you are an argumentative fornicator. I have often thought this but it took Father Christmas to state it. I have noticed that you often have a go at my posts, never mind the red x's that you give to my posts. Chill out pal and you might learn something other than your bigoted views
Posted by: Garth, August 3, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from rancido

The downside of having a BIG target man is the tendency to play route 1, especially if you are a goal down and not much playing time left. Matt Tees wasn't a big man but was good in the air and in the penalty area. I would prefer to have forwards who can create and take chances in the box rather than some man mountain like Rhead.

You mean having a Plan B ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, August 3, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from golfer
Mighty Mariner-you are an argumentative fornicator. I have often thought this but it took Father Christmas to state it. I have noticed that you often have a go at my posts, never mind the red x's that you give to my posts. Chill out pal and you might learn something other than your bigoted views

Pot/kettle?
Posted by: Father Christmas, August 3, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from Cloudy

Pot/kettle?

Milk non ta
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from golfer

You write a post in what I perceived to be quite an aggressive manner, slamming people for claiming we were about to bid and/or pay 300k for Lee Angol....I merely pointed out that nobody has said or insinuated such a figure. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought this was a public forum where posts are open for debate.

Or are you saying that nobody can challenge what you put? Perhaps your bullying tendencies work in your private life but on here they will be challenged.

If you thought I was generally an argumentative fornicator, why could e you have been a adult and said so? As far as the red crosses go, how on earth do you know who crosses what? I have better things in my life to do then search for posters named after middle-class sports and downgrade their posts for the sake of it.

I think you need to chill out pal and accept that from time to time people may challenge what you say and call you out.... Nothing personal, it's called a FORUM!
Posted by: realist, August 3, 2018, 4:29pm; Reply: 112
I'm with Golfer. Mighty is a tosser
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 5:33pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from realist

Exactly how many different accounts do you have Golfer? 🤔
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 3, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 114
The point raised by Mighty remains a valid one. Everything in life is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I could stick my house on the market tomorrow for £250k but it doesn't mean anyone will pay it.

A player is only worth what someone will pay for him and at some point, with the deadline approaching and his contract into the last 12 months, the figure that someone is willing to pay is slowly ticking down.

I'd suggest right now, the cards on the table are very much in the favour of the buying club and not Mansfield.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 3, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from fleabag1970
Hearing that town are going too make a huge signing in the next 24 hours ..... no names that I dare mention  but its huge

Not long to go. Tick tock, tick tock. Another 2 hours and we can all forget about this thread.

Posted by: scrumble, August 3, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from fleabag1970
no names that I dare mention  but its huge

[img]https://d3dqioy2sca31t.cloudfront.net/Projects/cms/production/000/018/503/large/a721dab107f1476bf78c51db039611c7/wales-llanfair-railway-station-sign.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Son of Cod, August 3, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from psgmariner

Not long to go. Tick tock, tick tock. Another 2 hours and we can all forget about this thread.

Why only another 2 hours?
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 3, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from Son of Cod

Why only another 2 hours?

Because the initial post was just before 8pm yesterday and said it would be in the next 24 hours.
Posted by: Son of Cod, August 3, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from Les Brechin

Because the initial post was just before 8pm yesterday and said it would be in the next 24 hours.

Ah okay that makes more sense, was thinking someone was getting confused about the transfer deadline.
Posted by: golfer, August 3, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from realist

:)
Mighty-tosser-tosser-tosser=tosser=tosser  :) :)
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 7:09pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from golfer

:)
Mighty-tosser-tosser-tosser=tosser=tosser  :) :)

Is this like one of those weird equations you get in Maths exams at school  like x = y + 2x4.... find the square root?

You're an odd kind of adult 😂...... Whatever makes you feel better fella 👍
Posted by: golfer, August 3, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 122
Truce-see you at the match tomorrow Mighty- PS  kick off is at 5-30  :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 3, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 123

Me thinks we are desperate for some League 2 footy to discuss on here.
Posted by: realist, August 3, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 124

Me thinks we are desperate for some League 2 footy to discuss on here.

Just a bit of fun.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from golfer
Truce-see you at the match tomorrow Mighty- PS  kick off is at 5-30  :)

Brilliant mate thanks... Was convinced it was 3pm 🤦‍♂️.... you've saved me looking a right plank turning up almost 3 hours early 👍😀
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from realist

Just a bit of fun.

Absolutely.... There are bigger problems in this world! 👍🤝
Posted by: chaos33, August 3, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 127
13 pages on this thread and 99% of it speculative, childish, inane hogwash.
Big signing?  Six figures? I can't find a single bit of content of any merit.
Bring on the game.....
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 128

you've saved me looking a right plank turning up almost 3 hours early 👍😀

You don't have to turn up 3 hours early to do that

Posted by: LH, August 3, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 129
Quoted from chaos33
13 pages on this thread and 99% of it speculative, childish, inane hogwash.

Possible new tagline for the forum, Rob?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from Ipswin

You don't have to turn up 3 hours early to do that

We've moved on Swin.... Get a grip man!

#cantwealljustgetalong
Posted by: Father Christmas, August 3, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 131
Ho Ho Ho
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 132

We've moved on Swin.... Get a grip man!

#cantwealljustgetalong

I haven't. Get along? With some of the shite you've directed at me?

Golfer was right
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 10:14pm; Reply: 133
Quoted from Ipswin

I haven't. Get along? With some of the shite you've directed at me?

Golfer was right

After you've whinged and moaned at every aspect of GTFC for the last 6 months can you blame people for biting back a little?

I do sometimes wonder why you actually support Town as you genuinly don't seem happy with anything that's going on with the club right now.

It must be very tiring being so consistently bitter?

Who am I to judge though, if that's what floats your boat then fair enough but I prefer to surround myself with people who have a bit of a brighter outlook on life.

I genuinly hope you manage to find some joy this season!

Ciao!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 134

After you've whinged and moaned at every aspect of GTFC for the last 6 months can you blame people for biting back a little?

I do sometimes wonder why you actually support Town as you genuinly don't seem happy with anything that's going on with the club right now.

Who am I to judge though, if that's what floats your boat then fair enough but I prefer to surround myself with people who have a bit of a brighter outlook on life.

Ciao!

Six months?! Are you new to this board?
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 3, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 135

Ciao!

Ciao?

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 3, 2018, 10:30pm; Reply: 136
Who we signed then??
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 3, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 137
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Who we signed then??

The promising young Belgium striker Nowt Fookall.

Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Six months?! Are you new to this board?

Good point!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 10:52pm; Reply: 139

Ciao?

It felt like a ciao kinda moment 👌
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 3, 2018, 11:12pm; Reply: 140
Not Chang Enwa??
Posted by: RonMariner, August 4, 2018, 10:19am; Reply: 141
No big signing within 24 hours then. Maybe they meant big signage. Has the large bill board on the Cons Club corner been updated?
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), August 4, 2018, 10:32am; Reply: 142
Ha Ha Ha HA
Posted by: rancido, August 4, 2018, 10:57am; Reply: 143
Quoted from Garth

You mean having a Plan B ;)

Having a Plan B doesn't mean you have to resort to Route 1. You can play down the middle, use you wing backs and use them to play balls to the edge of the box. There are many ways of having a plan B ( or C ) without resorting to " hoof ball ".
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 4, 2018, 11:03am; Reply: 144
Its coming
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 4, 2018, 11:25am; Reply: 145
So is Armageddon
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 4, 2018, 12:39pm; Reply: 146
Quoted from rancido

Having a Plan B doesn't mean you have to resort to Route 1. You can play down the middle, use you wing backs and use them to play balls to the edge of the box. There are many ways of having a plan B ( or C ) without resorting to " hoof ball ".

It doesn't have to be 'hoof ball', it's better known as direct passing.  Many Premier league teams employ this as a Plan B when Plan A isn't working.

Posted by: rancido, August 4, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 147
Quoted from 123614

It doesn't have to be 'hoof ball', it's better known as direct passing.  Many Premier league teams employ this as a Plan B when Plan A isn't working.

Antirrhinum or snapdragon. Two different words for the same thing. Hoof ball, Route 1 or Direct Passing ( to counter this there must be an indirect passing ! ) - three different words for the same thing.
Posted by: gaz57, August 4, 2018, 1:25pm; Reply: 148
So is Armageddon

What's his first name?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 4, 2018, 2:01pm; Reply: 149
Quoted from rancido

Antirrhinum or snapdragon. Two different words for the same thing. Hoof ball, Route 1 or Direct Passing ( to counter this there must be an indirect passing ! ) - three different words for the same thing.

No, when someone hits a 50 yard ball direct to one of his players, that is a direct pass, not hoof ball!  Hoof ball is when it's booted aimlessly anywhere on the pitch, often used when in a dangerous position in your own penalty area.

Posted by: fleabag1970, August 4, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 150
A few hours late but there you go
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), August 4, 2018, 7:09pm; Reply: 151
Who? Angol?
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 4:48am