Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 10, 2018, 4:56pm
The world's gone mad, no matter how good he is.

What will he have left 2, maybe 3 years?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44785173
Posted by: Rick12, July 10, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 1
To much. But he will probably have a good 4 years in him if not more the way he looks after himself.Has said himself wants to retire in his early 40s. Certainly do-able eg look at Scholes and Giggs.
Posted by: golfer, July 10, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 2
1000 times what we got for Dembelle--the rich have got too much money and getting richer by the minute. Time a cap was put on wealth.  With that money we could say "Thankyou" to J.S.F. 50 times or build 3 good stadiums
Posted by: Abdul19, July 10, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 3
The way he looks after himself (he's modeled himself on me, I believe) I don't think 33's old at all. He's still one of the best players in the world so I reckon it's money well spent.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 10, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 4
Abdul, I reckon he's still got a yard or two on me, so money well spent.
Posted by: pizzzza, July 10, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 5
I reckon this signing will give Juve the edge in Serie A this coming season and they'll take the title.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, July 10, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 6
He's got several years left at the top level by the look of him, looks as fresh as someone just starting out.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 10, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
The way he looks after himself (he's modeled himself on me, I believe) I don't think 33's old at all. He's still one of the best players in the world so I reckon it's money well spent.

£105m is an obscene amount of money for any player. No one, no matter how good they are, are worth that sort of fee.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 10, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 8
Rightly or wrongly, football makes lots of money, and the bigwigs at Juventus have decided he is. If there was a limit, how much should it be? £10m? £20m? £50m? All obscene amounts to the average man in the street, but to big business they're not.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 10, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 9
The title of the thread got me going Les, I thought Fenty had got his wallet out at last
Posted by: Kris2, July 10, 2018, 7:19pm; Reply: 10
Honestly can see him playing for another 4-5 years. With all the money from endorsements,league and cup competitions and merch sales they'll make from just having him at the club they'll probably make 10 times the amount they paid for him back in the time he's at the club.
Posted by: hheh2, July 10, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin

£105m is an obscene amount of money for any player. No one, no matter how good they are, are worth that sort of fee.

£99.2m and €105m but you're right
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 10, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 12
Supprised United didn't go for him, even more, surprised he went to Juventus.

Not surprised at the transfer cost, however. Still winning Balon d'Or's at 33..... Says it all really.
Posted by: Maringer, July 10, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 13
Thing about him is that he's already an entirely different player to the one he was just a few years ago. Rather than running the ball from deep and trying dribble past players all the time, he's changed his game to be more of a goal-hanger (a very good one, of course), arriving in the right place at the right time but not trying to do a great deal away from the ball.

Probably a sensible decision because it means he conserves his energy and still has plenty of pace at the important moments to get to the ball. Question for me is whether Juve will be able to create enough chances for him to keep his scoring rate up, not whether he can continue to do the job for a few more years.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 10, 2018, 11:56pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from golfer
1000 times what we got for Dembelle--the rich have got too much money and getting richer by the minute. Time a cap was put on wealth.  With that money we could say "Thankyou" to J.S.F. 50 times or build 3 good stadiums

Not just in football.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 11, 2018, 7:14am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Kris2
Honestly can see him playing for another 4-5 years. With all the money from endorsements,league and cup competitions and merch sales they'll make from just having him at the club they'll probably make 10 times the amount they paid for him back in the time he's at the club.

Spot on they will recoup every penny and then some in shirt sales alone he really is THAT good like him or loathe him he is THE GOAT.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 11, 2018, 7:21am; Reply: 16
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Spot on they will recoup every penny and then some in shirt sales alone he really is THAT good like him or loathe him he is THE GOAT.

I didn't realise he could play centre half, or even fullback, the GOAT has to mean forward or striker only.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 11, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Gaffer58

I didn't realise he could play centre half, or even fullback, the GOAT has to mean forward or striker only.

Are you saying he couldn`t with his height and athleticism ?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, July 11, 2018, 9:57am; Reply: 18
Going against the grain here, I think this is a great piece of business for Juve and Ronaldo.
Juve represents the guys last big pay day. That signing on fee €€€€€€€€€€

Merchandise sales alone will see his transfer almost nullified. It's a no brainer.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 11, 2018, 10:06am; Reply: 19
Quoted from golfer

It's actually 100,000 times what we got for Dembele.... Is he 100, 000 times better? Insane amount of money but as other have said he looks after himself very very well and could easily play on into his late 30's!

Players are only worth what the buying club is willing to fork out. He could be the difference between winning championships and European titles and not so probably worth it to Juve. Add that onto the commercial sales and additional sponsorships he will generate and Juve will make their money back from the fee in a short space of time.

What I would be interested to know is his salary!!
Posted by: pizzzza, July 11, 2018, 10:18am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

It's actually 100,000 times what we got for Dembele.... Is he 100, 000 times better?

Maths not your strong point?

100000x100000 is 10 billion!
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 11, 2018, 10:33am; Reply: 21
PSG  payed £200 million for Neymar so half of that for Ronaldo is a better deal.

BUT

Football has gone mad with transfer fees and wages paid.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 11, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 22
Quoted from pizzzza

Maths not your strong point?

100000x100000 is 10 billion!

Oh yes of course... I had it in my head that he'd gone for £1000 🤔... I blame this Turkish sunshine and spirit levels!
Posted by: golfer, July 11, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Are you saying he couldn`t with his height and athleticism ?

haven't seen many fullbacks winking
Posted by: Dogger Bank, July 11, 2018, 11:59am; Reply: 24
Quoted from golfer

Transfer fees and football doesn't work that way does it. There are what I would class as average players now in the Premier League that are being bought and sold for £20-30m. Look at the transfer fees that Robbie Savage commanded when he was playing, not at this sort of level but clubs were prepared to may millions for him. The world of transfer fees has gone mad, but with ticket prices and sponsorship deals going up it ultimately the fans that pay for it.
Posted by: GrimRob, July 11, 2018, 1:19pm; Reply: 25
If an company with the turnover of Juve bought a computer system for £100m that was expected to last 3-5 years before being replaced, then nobody would be greatly surprised. The only difference is in the case of football the biggest assets are human beings.
Posted by: Rick12, July 11, 2018, 1:28pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete
PSG  payed £200 million for Neymar so half of that for Ronaldo is a better deal.

BUT

Football has gone mad with transfer fees and wages paid.
Real Madrid I think are looking at Mbappe and Neymar now. Be interesting to see how much either of these two go for if not both?
Posted by: pizzzza, July 11, 2018, 1:37pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Rick12
Real Madrid I think are looking at Mbappe and Neymar now. Be interesting to see how much either of these two go for if not both?

Well PSG only just signed Mbappe permanently after having him on loan last season so I doubt he'll be leaving. Neymar on the other hand.. surely PSG will only be letting him go for a higher amount than the £200m they paid for him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 11, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Oh yes of course... I had it in my head that he'd gone for £1000 🤔... I blame this Turkish sunshine and spirit levels!

Doing a bit of work while you're out there?
Posted by: Rick12, July 11, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from pizzzza

Well PSG only just signed Mbappe permanently after having him on loan last season so I doubt he'll be leaving. Neymar on the other hand.. surely PSG will only be letting him go for a higher amount than the £200m they paid for him.
Thing is from media reports in Spain Neymar wants to go from Psg with Madrid being his favoured option.

Posted by: topuphere666, July 11, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 30
Ronaldo will score for fun in Italy. The games are a slower pace than what he was used to here and in Spain. Good business for them with all the merchandise they’ll sell with his name on.
Posted by: Tommy, July 11, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 31
I wonder if Neymar goes to Real Madrid if we'll see a pigs head thrown at him when he plays at the Camp Nou.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 11, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 32
Hopefully
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 11, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Abdul19
Hopefully

He'll squeal louder than the pig did before it died
Posted by: Rick12, July 11, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Tommy
I wonder if Neymar goes to Real Madrid if we'll see a pigs head thrown at him when he plays at the Camp Nou.
All that animosity between the Catalans and Spain is a shame.Its the national team which suffers ultimately. Remember reading one of the reasons why Spain had the magnificent success between 2008 and 2012 was all the players pulled together irrespective of their regional favouritism's unlike in times gone by.
Posted by: RonMariner, July 11, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 35
If we signed a 33 year old forward the prophets of doom would be sprinting to their keyboards to tell us his legs had gone ;)
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:25am