Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Townee82, June 17, 2018, 1:53pm
Apparently there is interest from Wales ,N Ireland and Scotland to resurrect the home international competition , but England don't want to know due to fixture congestion and I believe lack of fan interest and a opposition quality gulf , what do you believe would it be worthwhile ?
Posted by: Tommy, June 17, 2018, 2:08pm; Reply: 1
Don't think there would be room for it any more would there?

Haven't they come up with a way to make international friendlies a bit less boring/more competitive by having some sort of ongoing nations league/cup?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 17, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 2
If all the nations where involved yes, playing those games before a tournament would set you up better for when your group games start as they would be really competitive.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 17, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 3
I thought this Nations League malarkey was taking up all the gaps used for international friendlies?
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 17, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Townee82
Apparently there is interest from Wales ,N Ireland and Scotland to resurrect the home international competition , but England don't want to know due to fixture congestion and I believe lack of fan interest and a opposition quality gulf , what do you believe would it be worthwhile ?

Not happen.....England v Scotland is like Town v the Notts pub.

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 17, 2018, 2:47pm; Reply: 5
There was the perfect opportunity for this a decade ago during Euro 2008. But there was little interest then, so why now?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 17, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 6
I think their is a appetite for playing the other home  nations but just now and then defiantly not every season like the home internationals used to be.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 17, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Not happen.....England v Scotland is like Town v the Notts pub.

I didn’t realise the Notts were that good ..

I could of swore we needed a last min equaliser against the jocks last time we played them
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 17, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 8
Play the U23's
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 17, 2018, 6:00pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I didn’t realise the Notts were that good ..

I could of swore we needed a last min equaliser against the jocks last time we played them

England are the Notts pub   ;)

Posted by: GrimRob, June 17, 2018, 6:00pm; Reply: 10
Might as well qualification is such a doddle now with increased size of tournaments we'll barely have a meaningful game for years.
Posted by: MarinerBen, June 17, 2018, 6:03pm; Reply: 11
Commonwealth Cup?
Posted by: Abdul19, June 17, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MarinerBen
Commonwealth Cup?

I'd pay to watch Rwanda v Kiribati!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 17, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 13
You could probably pay to play for Kiribati
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, June 17, 2018, 8:20pm; Reply: 14
I think N Ireland are the holders of the trophy being the last country to win the tournament
Posted by: Maringer, June 17, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 15
It's a no-brainer, as the Yanks would say. Annual games of real and passionate intensity against proper rivals as opposed to pointless friendlies against second-raters from elsewhere in the world or second-choices from the big countries.

Those that think we're too good to play the other Home Nations (plus the RoI?) frequently haven't checked out our record against them of late.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:06pm