Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 8, 2018, 8:30pm

At the moment we are focused on permanent deals but I wonder what importance MJ will put on signing players on loan as well.

A couple of marquee loan signings could just be the key to a successful season and with Jolleys contacts who knows.

Posted by: denni266, June 8, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 1
I think it is better to own your own players ,, loans have there place , but it is not the way i like things.. i think he will be trying to get his own players so its his team
Posted by: Abdul19, June 8, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 2
I don't see much difference between a year loan and a permanent year contract (if there's no January recall)
Posted by: Hannilowe, June 8, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 3
I am always a little apprehensive about loans. No doubt they can be beneficial, but in the long term, and the long term ambitions for the club, I would much prefer to have transfers to the club.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 8, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

At the moment we are focused on permanent deals but I wonder what importance MJ will put on signing players on loan as well.

A couple of marquee loan signings could just be the key to a successful season and with Jolleys contacts who knows.

I think he’ll pretty much go for “his” players but I would expect one season long ideally Charlie Verman and maybe a couple in Jan.

Posted by: Tommy, June 8, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 5
As Abdul says, no difference really between a season long loan and a player signed on a 1 year deal.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 9, 2018, 10:42am; Reply: 6
Thought we might have seen vernham coming back on loans as one of the first deals done.was really impressed in the little i saw of him
Posted by: wiggers, June 9, 2018, 12:40pm; Reply: 7
Disagree, players on 1year loans can go back to their parent club once loan complete. Players on 1year contracts can end up without a club at the end of that year. Loans have their uses, but I would prefer to only have a couple max.
Posted by: TonySmith, June 9, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 8
If a player is on loan for a full year he is still under pressure to perform. He is still being monitored by his parent club and  if he is not performing at a lower level then he will probably not be wanted at his parent club when his loan is finished.
Posted by: Youngy, June 9, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 9
We have to be realistic and accept that a club of our size will have to use the loan system at some point, the difference is how smart you use it
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 10, 2018, 11:26am; Reply: 10
I do not like it when we have a long term loan player spending most of his time on the bench,

If we are going to have a season long loan player I hope he is good enough to play every game.

I am sure MJ will not bring loan players in to sit on the bench.

We have promising young players that could gain experience by sitting there.
Posted by: Mariner55, June 10, 2018, 11:40am; Reply: 11
Some managers at Premier League/Championship clubs will see a loan period under someone like MJ as a good development opportunity for a player.  
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 6:34pm