Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 15, 2018, 11:07pm
Appointed Salford boss, signing a 4-year deal. From top end of L1 to the national league... I'm sure he's gone there purely for the journey and excitement of the project πŸ€”
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 15, 2018, 11:08pm; Reply: 1
Really ....  8)
Posted by: Abdul19, May 16, 2018, 6:23am; Reply: 2
He's not gone from the top end of league 1 though, he's gone from being unemployed!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 16, 2018, 8:29am; Reply: 3
He probably getting a league 1 managers wage, which I see no problem with, he is a good manager, and if it all goes well, he will have a couple of promotions on his CV
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 16, 2018, 9:22am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Abdul19
He's not gone from the top end of league 1 though, he's gone from being unemployed!

Exactly !!

An unemployed man takes a well paid job on a 4 year contract , unbelievable Jeff  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete

Exactly !!

An unemployed man takes a well paid job on a 4 year contract , unbelievable Jeff  :)

I thought Eastleigh's sugar-daddy was offloading the club. Who's gonna pay for that when he's gone?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 16, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I thought Eastleigh's sugar-daddy was offloading the club. Who's gonna pay for that when he's gone?

What's this got to do with Alexander taking the Salford job? πŸ€”
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2018, 11:06pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

What's this got to do with Alexander taking the Salford job? πŸ€”

Nothing. Been a long day.  :(

All these non-league clubs with sugar daddies just roll into one for me.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 17, 2018, 9:35am; Reply: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Nothing. Been a long day.  :(

All these non-league clubs with sugar daddies just roll into one for me.

I know the feeling mate! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Posted by: GtfcGarner, May 17, 2018, 10:09am; Reply: 9
Another club who have just been bankrolled from nowhere. It’s all fun and games when FFP comes into it in the league though.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 17, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 10
At least Salford is a place with a sizeable population base. I don't have a problem with towns that have grown since the 19th century when most of our teams were founded. Or in this case, cities that squeeze in another club. Populations have grown and there are only so many fans than can fit in (never mind afford to go to) the established stadia.

It's villages in the middle of nowhere that decide they want to be joining the big boys that annoys me.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 17, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 11
I watched the programme about Salford from the beginning  and was impressed that the four ex United players wanted to do something for their local team where they grew up and supported as lads,

So in Salford's case I wish them well unless they are playing us  ;D

Other out of the way village teams being funded by eccentric pillocks can go to the wall as far as I am concerned.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 17, 2018, 1:54pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete
I watched the programme about Salford from the beginning  and was impressed that the four ex United players wanted to do something for their local team where they grew up and supported as lads,

Did they?! I bet they'd watched them about as many times as I've seen Grimsby Borough!  

(That's fuck all, for the avoidance of doubt)
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 17, 2018, 1:57pm; Reply: 13
Nathan Pond about to sign for Salford I hear. Will have played under Alexander when he was Fleetwood manager.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 17, 2018, 2:00pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

Did they?! I bet they'd watched them about as many times as I've seen Grimsby Borough!  

(That's fuck all, for the avoidance of doubt)

Abdul are you saying they were telling porkies ?    ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 17, 2018, 2:01pm; Reply: 15
Is our Nathan still there ?
Posted by: Abdul19, May 17, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from grimsby pete

Abdul are you saying they were telling porkies ?    ;)

Possibly Pete  ;) ;D
Posted by: chaos33, May 17, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 17
Wasn't Arnold on loan at Salford? Not sure of his situation now...?

A bit surprised that Pond would drop out of the EFL but I guess the lure of high wages and the promise of promotion is attractive. There'll be a lot of pressure on Salford to win that league now. As we know, it's tough to get out of the conference.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 17, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 18
I think Alexander is a good manager, a very good manager actually. Unlucky at both Fleetwood and Scunny that he had two owners who weren't prepared to give him a bit of patience during a bad run but that's football I guess.

Nothing against Salford as such but the way the Class of '92 came across during the documentaries makes it hard to not want the club to fail unfortunately.

Neville's a Bury lad, his dad was the secretary there for years. Scholes is an Oldham fan... Why didn't they do something with those clubs, even if it's just investing their time, money and effort into their youth set-up? Obviously that probably won't sell a TV deal.
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 2:21pm