Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Townee82, April 25, 2018, 9:36am
Slade 6 to 1 for chesterfield  job how does he keep getting a look in on these gigs ,
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), April 25, 2018, 9:39am; Reply: 1
Who?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 25, 2018, 9:40am; Reply: 2
Because he comes across as a football man who knows what he is talking about. Chesterfield need to look what we and Lincoln did - appoint a good young and up coming manager from Non League
Posted by: Abdul19, April 25, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 3
The odds are complete guesswork though, probably about as reliable as when Russ Wilcox was on the Town list!
Posted by: ginnywings, April 25, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 4
I don't know why anyone gives any credence to bookies odds for new managers. They have no idea and are just guessing. Or someone put a fiver on him.
Posted by: yeovilmariner, April 25, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 5
Noddy holder knows nothing about football,oh yeah neither did the other guy :-)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 25, 2018, 10:09am; Reply: 6
This man should not ever be allowed to work in football again.

Lifetime ban.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 25, 2018, 11:27am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Lifetime ban.

I disagree. I'd love to see him get a job with one of our rivals, whoever they are next season.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 25, 2018, 11:34am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Lifetime ban.

Quite like him to get the Lincoln job in the future
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 25, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 9
Forget Him, he's history.
Not our problem any more
Posted by: GrimRob, April 25, 2018, 12:40pm; Reply: 10
I'll happily give anyone 7/1 who wants it  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 25, 2018, 12:54pm; Reply: 11
Give him the Chesterfield job and then he can beat Barnet on the last day of the season, if it does come down to that. (Hopefully not).
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 25, 2018, 12:55pm; Reply: 12
They made some thoroughly stomping records in the early to mid 70s, but never came across as football administrators to me.
Posted by: mimma, April 25, 2018, 2:04pm; Reply: 13
There's a Slade tribute band coming to Yardbirds soon. Well recomended and a great night out.
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 25, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 14
He probably put a tenner on himself to give him them odds then hope Chesterfield think he is worth interviewing.

PS Chesterfield - he’s not.

UTFM
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 25, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 15
Suppose it gives us a chance of offloading Hooper, Kelly etc this summer
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 25, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Because he comes across as a football man who knows what he is talking about. Chesterfield need to look what we and Lincoln did - appoint a good young and up coming manager from Non League

Sorry but I have to correct you there mate,

We hired a international manager from Sweden who had previously worked for a premiership club.  8)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 25, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin
Give him the Chesterfield job and then he can beat Barnet on the last day of the season, if it does come down to that. (Hopefully not).

You really think that joker could beat Barnet??? Did you not go to any games this year?

Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 25, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

You really think that joker could beat Barnet??? Did you not go to any games this year?

To be fair, one of the few games he won was at Barnet!
Posted by: McAllisters Ghost, April 25, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

But he did beat Barnet when we played them away in November.
Posted by: nightrider, April 25, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 20
He's a brilliant manager, has the lot. It's just a shame it didn't work out. He'd probably be very very successful for another club. In fact, he'd be suited to a club in our league
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 25, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42035126
Posted by: Mallyner, April 25, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from mimma
There's a Slade tribute band coming to Yardbirds soon. Well recomended and a great night out.

I assume there will be no promotion involved?  :)

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 25, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

lol ok Les it's a fair cop. I realy don't think Slade has what it takes anymore albeit I do not entirely blame him for the sale of our only decent striker.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 25, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mallyner

I assume there will be no promotion involved?  :)

A few flyers and it's on the Yardbirds website.  ;)
Posted by: Mikey_345, April 25, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 25
The amount of pay outs he’s had does he even need to work again?!

Expect he’ll turn up in some sort of advisory role somewhere.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 25, 2018, 9:59pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from McAllisters Ghost

But he did beat Barnet when we played them away in November.

And strangely enough, that result will probably keep us in the league!
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 25, 2018, 11:43pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Townee82
Slade 6 to 1 for chesterfield  job how does he keep getting a look in on these gigs ,

Slade did appear on the video screen at half time at Morecambe v Chesterfield with their 'Cum on feel the Noize' rendition (true) - so it could have subliminanly affected the minds of the visiting Chesterfield directors?
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, April 26, 2018, 12:09am; Reply: 28
With hindsight I think that the fact that one of his albums was entitled 'The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome' should have sounded some alarm bells.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 26, 2018, 4:59am; Reply: 29
Quoted from RonMariner

And strangely enough, that result will probably keep us in the league!

Not really it's about all the games you could argue our first win under Jolley was the turning point certainly IF we stay up Mike Jolley deserves full credit for working with this team very limited on tallent and bonding them into a hard working unit and gaining confidence as been a mamoth task,

Look at the likes of Woolford,Hooper and Rose all have a new sense of being wanted by this manager and it shows he as given them belief.

M.J. deserves all the plaudits for me we looked down and out before he came,
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 26, 2018, 6:22am; Reply: 30
Non football

Non town
Posted by: Freemoash88, April 26, 2018, 6:53am; Reply: 31
As much as I hate Slade I’ve got a feeling he’d do a good job in non league. Maybe is style of play suits non league.
Posted by: golfer, April 26, 2018, 7:29am; Reply: 32
Sunday League ?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 26, 2018, 8:19am; Reply: 33
Another part of our recent history I’d rather forget , but let’s not forget we still have his assistant with us who I hope gets the bullet close season. Hopefully M.J. can bring in a couple of his own people and really take hold of the club
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 26, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Not really it's about all the games you could argue our first win under Jolley was the turning point certainly IF we stay up Mike Jolley deserves full credit for working with this team very limited on tallent and bonding them into a hard working unit and gaining confidence as been a mamoth task,

Look at the likes of Woolford,Hooper and Rose all have a new sense of being wanted by this manager and it shows he as given them belief.

M.J. deserves all the plaudits for me we looked down and out before he came,

Beating Barnet gained us the same points as beating anyone else, but it also denied them points as a relegation rival.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 8:25pm