Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Alfie, April 18, 2018, 9:20pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GjfcQ-J4yE

Depressing!
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 18, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 1

Chesterfield set to reduce their season ticket prices by around 20%.... stay up or not   ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 18, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 2

Unless I've got it wrong their chairman is owed £9 million and takes not a penny back from the club......you don't know how lucky you are.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 18, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Chesterfield set to reduce their season ticket prices by around 20%.... stay up or not   ;)

25% for existing ST holders. Imagine that.
Posted by: stuart brace was king, April 18, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

25% for existing ST holders. Imagine that.

Now that’s what I call “spoilt” !    ;)

UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 18, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Alfie

Not for us   ;D

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 18, 2018, 11:20pm; Reply: 6
Think the posts above are missing the point.
It's not about whether ticket prices are coming down.

It's about

A whether Chesterfield survive as a league team
B it's about whether the owners and executives are taking out money from the club..they claim not
C what happens to a team finances if they get relegated out of the league.

They have spent too much on attracting players who have not performed so far.
The interview is a challenge to all of their players to get their finger out.
Think that's what the Barnet manager did last week....
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 18, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 7
At least he took some blame on board
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 19, 2018, 12:43am; Reply: 8
Interesting. Don't know what's been going on there, but they seem to have been splashing the cash around.

The guy comes across as a beaten character and one who recognises his and the board's failures and the distance that's grown between them and the fans. And all said with no hint of blame on the fans. Hmm!
Posted by: Cloudy, April 19, 2018, 6:42am; Reply: 9
Warning to those who want Fenty to put more money in to get better quality players.

The only 'success' we have had in many years was built upon a team ethic, a close knit group who were prepared to fight. At this level unity and attitude can take you far and with the right  leadership can do so again for GTFC.

This is why for me it isn't about  investment but about engagement and having a clear plan and ethos
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 19, 2018, 8:36am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cloudy
Warning to those who want Fenty to put more money in to get better quality players.

The only 'success' we have had in many years was built upon a team ethic, a close knit group who were prepared to fight. At this level unity and attitude can take you far and with the right  leadership can do so again for GTFC.

This is why for me it isn't about  investment but about engagement and having a clear plan and ethos

For Example: Accrington Stanley
Posted by: ginnywings, April 19, 2018, 8:45am; Reply: 11
I don't want JF to put in more money. I don't think we need to spend any more than we generate as we should have enough money coming in to compete given our fan base. Of course, if you get in the right management, they will be successful and crowds will increase, meaning more income to spend on players. As long as you don't over reach and only spend what you generate, there's no reason we can't have a good team based on team spirit, with a little talent thrown in. Hopefully, you would develop some players to sell on as well.

Going back to that interview with the guy from Chesterfield. Many psychologists would tell you he is lying through his teeth. He looks to the right and particularly up and right a lot. Some say this is the classic "tell" of a liar.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 19, 2018, 8:48am; Reply: 12
In fairness, the calls for Fenty to put his money in his pocked are generally in the minority.

I think most would rather we just spent our considerable resources (for this level) effectively.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 19, 2018, 9:03am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Cloudy

Well its a mixture of both surely.

We are in a very advantageous position - a good fan base for the level we are at so apparently generate sufficient income to make ends meet,but obviously we need investment to get the better players.

If that new investment was part and parcel of a new beginning, a new ethos with the fans and the town right behind the club then the sky is the limit - to coin a phrase " nothing to stop us getting to the Championship in 5 years...."

If we are a league club in three weeks time, we can hope that things start to change.
Posted by: Maringer, April 19, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 14
Didn't the friendly Spireite that came onto the forum the other week say something about their missing millions? They've raked in loads on transfer fees and sell on fees over the past couple of seasons and fingers have been pointing at the board as the fans wonder where it has all gone.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 19, 2018, 10:23am; Reply: 15
i hate these P.R. initiatives and interviews. i'm glad we only do our P.R. on the pitch  :-/
Posted by: TAGG, April 19, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 16
Quoted from diehardmariner
In fairness, the calls for Fenty to put his money in his pocked are generally in the minority.

I think most would rather we just spent our considerable resources (for this level) effectively.

Ye most would rather see him walk away never to be seen again.
Posted by: barralad, April 19, 2018, 10:36am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Maringer
Didn't the friendly Spireite that came onto the forum the other week say something about their missing millions? They've raked in loads on transfer fees and sell on fees over the past couple of seasons and fingers have been pointing at the board as the fans wonder where it has all gone.

This.. I've been a follower of events in Chesterfield for a long while and  I remember the threads on Bob's Board questioning not only where some pretty large receipts from transfers had gone but there was also issues around some big raffle the club ran. The fall out from that I believe resulted in threats of court action by the powers that be against individual posters on there effectively banning them from posting.
Posted by: Cloudy, April 19, 2018, 10:44am; Reply: 18
Quoted from barralad

This.. I've been a follower of events in Chesterfield for a long while and  I remember the threads on Bob's Board questioning not only where some pretty large receipts from transfers had gone but there was also issues around some big raffle the club ran. The fall out from that I believe resulted in threats of court action by the powers that be against individual posters on there effectively banning them from posting.

As if that would happen  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 19, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Cloudy

As if that would happen  ;)

It  would never happen on the Fishy  ;D

Regarding Fenty putting more money in I think most posters have said a leaner meaner squad of better players would not cost anymore than the one we have now.

I would like him to put another wedge in for his own past bad management  but no way as a loan.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 19, 2018, 11:48am; Reply: 20
Quoted from barralad

Was that the raffle where the advertised prize didn't actually exist and the person who was announced as being the winner  was actually a made up name ?  ;D
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 19, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 21
I think that's the one, it went viral on a Twitter thread which I can't find now.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/chesterfield-head-of-commercial-leaves-the-club-after-total-farce-saw-raffle-winning-entry-faked-a7146416.html
Posted by: barralad, April 19, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club

Was that the raffle where the advertised prize didn't actually exist and the person who was announced as being the winner  was actually a made up name ?  ;D

You might very well say that Moosey. I couldn't possibly comment.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 19, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 23
I don't think it's a coincidence that our 1998 glory season came after we splashed out £950k on Donovan, Groves, Black and Burnett.

With the two Wembley appearances and other cup runs we probably made that investment back in the same season.

Might be a lesson there.

Posted by: Sigone, April 19, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from RonMariner
I don't think it's a coincidence that our 1998 glory season came after we splashed out £950k on Donovan, Groves, Black and Burnett.

With the two Wembley appearances and other cup runs we probably made that investment back in the same season.

Might be a lesson there.

But we received 1m for oster prior to splashing the cash.
Posted by: Tommy, April 19, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 25
And got a bit for Mendonca too that summer.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 19, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Sigone

But we received 1m for oster prior to splashing the cash.

We received 1 million for Bogle too.
Posted by: rancido, April 19, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice

Unless I've got it wrong their chairman is owed £9 million and takes not a penny back from the club......you don't know how lucky you are.

If he isn't taking any money back from the club then surely that £9 million is a gift and as such isn't owed anything.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, April 19, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from rancido

If he isn't taking any money back from the club then surely that £9 million is a gift and as such isn't owed anything.

I think he means the chairman does not take a wage or dividends, I would suspect the 9 mil will be loans like most other chairman who put money in.

I noticed he said the player budget for next season is going to be cut from 2.5 mil to less than 1 mil no matter what league they are in , a few on here would say thats a lack of ambition not sensible management of the club
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 2:06pm