Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, March 19, 2018, 2:52pm
Someone did this 8 years ago.  Very apt and you could change the players names from Conlon - Matt ect   I'm surprised a recent one hasn't been done yet.  :-/

https://youtu.be/i-mRxJYbAaw
Posted by: pizzzza, March 19, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 1
Yeah we get it, we are excrement with a loose cannon as non-chairman.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 19, 2018, 4:27pm; Reply: 2
Easy to make one, there are numerous sites. Someone make us laugh

https://www.captiongenerator.com/make-a-fegelein-video
Posted by: Kris2, March 19, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 3
It's funny this video has a Nick Hegarty diss in it and nowadays most people on here would probably rate him as a decent player. It's funny how perceptions change, maybe one day somebody will say this lot we have now were not that bad.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 19, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Kris2
It's funny this video has a Nick Hegarty diss in it and nowadays most people on here would probably rate him as a decent player. It's funny how perceptions change, maybe one day somebody will say this lot we have now were not that bad.

Yup. That’ll be my son telling his kids that,

‘we used to have a professional team once. We haven’t always played at Bradley Pitches’
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 5

Then there was the "Neil Woods important meeting with John Fenty".
Posted by: Not again., March 19, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 6
At least Hitler could get the trains to run on time.....imagine if fenty was in charge of network rail!
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Not again.
At least Hitler could get the trains to run on time.....imagine if fenty was in charge of network rail!

You'd get on the TransPennine Express to Manchester Airport and end up in Hartlepool   :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2018, 7:11pm; Reply: 8
I thought Heggarty was a decent player for us at the time. Just the usual scapegoating that goes on amongst some fans - dunno why he was picked on. Gingerism maybe?

Anyway, I though this thread was going to about something serious like how Hitler derailed Town's rise by invading Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1939, just when we were approaching our peak. By the time the War was over our best ever squad had passed their peak.
Posted by: rancido, March 19, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I thought Heggarty was a decent player for us at the time. Just the usual scapegoating that goes on amongst some fans - dunno why he was picked on. Gingerism maybe?

Anyway, I though this thread was going to about something serious like how Hitler derailed Town's rise by invading Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1939, just when we were approaching our peak. By the time the War was over our best ever squad had passed their peak.

I don't know about reaching our peak. I think we finished 3rd from bottom in the 1937/38 season and only avoided relegation by one place.
Posted by: rancido, March 19, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

You'd get on the TransPennine Express to Manchester Airport and end up in Hartlepool   :)

........ and he'd blame the passengers.
Posted by: Maringer, March 19, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

I don't know about reaching our peak. I think we finished 3rd from bottom in the 1937/38 season and only avoided relegation by one place.

Comfortably mid-table the following year, though. If you look at the size of the other teams in the top division, it was a pretty good achievement to spend so much time there before the war.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 19, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 12
Here's a Fishy version

https://www.captiongenerator.com/945492/Coventry-v-Grimsby-March-2018
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

And wouldn't you kill for 3rd bottom of the Premier League? Even 3rd bottom of League 1.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), March 20, 2018, 4:01am; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner
And wouldn't you kill for 3rd bottom of the Premier League? Even 3rd bottom of League 1.

I think most of us are dreaming of 3rd bottom in League 2 at the moment......which is pretty f'kin sad however you look at it.
Posted by: Perkins, March 20, 2018, 10:49am; Reply: 15
That clip all those seasons ago was a classic and will never be bettered so don't try,  it was right for the time and is still apt and bloody hilarious.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, March 20, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 16
https://youtu.be/kYobjInfsZY

Found this one as well...oh dear
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 5:33am