Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GyMariner, March 8, 2018, 2:19pm
JT: Some major injury problems for Michael Jolley in his first game for #gtfc. Summerfield, Vernam, Dixon, Osborne, Jackson all injured and will miss the game

Who realistically are we going to miss?
Posted by: Maringer, March 8, 2018, 2:53pm; Reply: 1
Erm, Summerfield, by some distance our most consistently decent (if not brilliant) player this season?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 8, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 2
Summerfield, Vernam & Jackson would probably make my starting 11 when all fit
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 8, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 3
This tells me that McAllister is fit.....
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 8, 2018, 3:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Heisenberg
This tells me that McAllister is fit.....

Apparently hasn't missed a training session for a long time...
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 8, 2018, 3:13pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Apparently hasn't missed a training session for a long time...

Yeah, I did hear that. Jolley says it’s a clean slate, so presumably McAllister has as much of a chance as anybody. I saw him in that Plymouth game at the end of last season and he looked decent, I don’t see any risk in giving him a go.
Posted by: Maringer, March 8, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 6
He played really well against Plymouth, well enough for me to think he could be an important player this season. Alas not, following the early injury followed by, well, who knows why he's not even getting a look in?
Posted by: GyMariner, March 8, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 7
Hasn't he experienced promotion from this league? And yet we're playing central midfields from a relegated team... :-/
Posted by: Garth, March 8, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 8
Will certainly miss Summerfield`s energy, i would replace him with Clifton alongside McAllister if fit, as a change from Berrett/Summers
Posted by: Kris2, March 8, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 9
Summerfield consistently puts in an effort even if he isn't the greatest footballer in the world he'll cause problems just by charging around and getting in the oppositions face. The rest dunno I've not seen enough of Vernam and Jackson to judge if they are any good. Dixon and Osboune don't care about.
Posted by: Maringer, March 8, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 10
Vernam looks a good footballer to me, if played in his preferred position.

Question is, do we have enough other decent footballers to link up with him and see the best of his abilities?
Posted by: oldun, March 8, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 11
Shame about Jackson. He is different to the other strikers. Can play off the last defender and get on the end of things in the 6 yard box.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 8, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from oldun
Shame about Jackson. He is different to the other strikers. Can play off the last defender and get on the end of things in the 6 yard box.

Yes...he has scored
Posted by: Meza, March 8, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 13
Jackson is fit apparently, and Wilks is also back.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:39am