https://youtu.be/98IP5iqSMgc
Posted by: chaos33, December 18, 2017, 8:44pm; Reply: 1
Not enough 'chance on' in there for me.
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 18, 2017, 10:09pm; Reply: 2
"That's nasty"
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 19, 2017, 12:14am; Reply: 3
Surely. Must be.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 19, 2017, 4:42am; Reply: 4
He's the best remember his commentary when Jack Macreth scored that beauty at B.P. thought he was going to have a fit he got so excited. ;D ;D ;D

Certainly wears his heart on his sleeve
Posted by: RichMariner, December 19, 2017, 3:59pm; Reply: 5
It's a few years old now, but I wrote this piece on the GTFC video crew for my blog:

[url]https://richmariner.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/crikey-chance-on-gtfc-video-crew-uncovered/[/url]
Posted by: LondonMariner43, December 19, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RichMariner
It's a few years old now, but I wrote this piece on the GTFC video crew for my blog:

[url]https://richmariner.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/crikey-chance-on-gtfc-video-crew-uncovered/[/url]

Enjoyed reading this!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 19, 2017, 10:04pm; Reply: 7
Would love to see a reel of all the main catchphrases, all cut together really quickly: Chance on!  Chance on! Goddabee! And that's a goal. Crikey! And in. Checks. Checks again. Shot comin'iiiinnn. Off the crossbaaahh! What a fantastic goal. You will not see...

Or even just 30 years of "Chance on!" with every single "Chance on!" on one clip!

Club legends!
Posted by: blundellpork, December 19, 2017, 10:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Would love to see a reel of all the main catchphrases, all cut together really quickly: Chance on!  Chance on! Goddabee! And that's a goal. Crikey! And in. Checks. Checks again. Shot comin'iiiinnn. Off the crossbaaahh! What a fantastic goal. You will not see...

Or even just 30 years of "Chance on!" with every single "Chance on!" on one clip!

Club legends!

Don’t forget ‘Nasty’
Posted by: jaygy, December 20, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 9
“Crikey O’Reilly”
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 20, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 10
Cracking ball
Posted by: moosey_club, December 20, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Club legends!

That was Roly i think....along with  "if this was Anfield that would have been a penalty"
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 20, 2017, 9:54pm; Reply: 12
My favourite is at Wembley in the Forest Green game when Parkin missed that sitter and he jyat says “oooh dear” need to see it to understand its pure quality
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, December 21, 2017, 9:15am; Reply: 13
I see his still up there but it's different commentry now we are in the league do they still release his ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 21, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RichMariner

Met the cameraman ( Martin)  a few times in Goole when we've both been donating blood

A good way to spend some time.... giving a pint of the red stuff, having a cuppa and a biscuit ( or two ) and catching up on how The Mariners are doing  :)
Posted by: RichMariner, December 21, 2017, 4:20pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
I see his still up there but it's different commentry now we are in the league do they still release his ?

Good question. I'd still buy end-of-season compilations. I appreciate you can watch highlights of all games online but there's something nice about it being edited and put together in one place with GTFC commentary. I revisit old videos all the time and they're really popular when bits are shared on social media.

They've definitely got value. I'd pay a tenner for a highlights DVD in May, as long as it was their commentary and their footage, and not the EFL's.

Nasty! Surely! Here we go! Let's have a look! I reckon... crikey! No marking!
Posted by: Vance Warner, December 21, 2017, 6:34pm; Reply: 16
I would love to see the highlights of the 97/98 season reissued for the 20th anniversary. I had the whole season's highlights on tape but it got chewed up a while ago. I've got the Wembley games on DVD somewhere (ruined by constant shots of people in the Sheaf!) but the football we played all season was incredible. Could the Trust make it happen?
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 21, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

Don't think so, as far as I am aware the highlights each week are provided by the company that films the games for Sky/Channel5, commentary probably provided by some anonymous chap in a small room somewhere.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 1:57am