Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Corkyefes, October 7, 2017, 10:26am
Can't make the game today so going to try and stream it on iFollow...

Done it before but I've found that it's starts to stutter towards the end of the first half and the second half it's nigh on impossible to watch.

I connect to Holland through NordVPN getting speeds of 80-100mbs and use Google Chrome, but seems to be the same every time.

Does anybody else have the problems, or if not, what does other people do and do they change any settings on their PC or anything?

Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Mariner93er, October 7, 2017, 10:50am; Reply: 1
I'm guessing you're able to change the video quality like you can on other video sites like youtube. If you lower it a bit, the picture might not be as good, but it may not jitter then.
Posted by: Corkyefes, October 7, 2017, 11:14am; Reply: 2
Tried that mate. Still the same outcome.

Not sure what it is considering first 30 mins of the game is fine.
Posted by: gavcradd, October 7, 2017, 12:45pm; Reply: 3
I have the same issue... if you disconnect the VPN after the game starts, it still works but is a bit quicker. Still seems to slow down though as you go on.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 7, 2017, 12:50pm; Reply: 4
We disconnect/reconnect at half time so it runs well for a bit longer in 2nd half but never gone a whole 45 mins without stutter/lag even though our internet speed etc. is good.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 7, 2017, 3:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Corkyefes
Can't make the game today so going to try and stream it on iFollow...

Done it before but I've found that it's starts to stutter towards the end of the first half and the second half it's nigh on impossible to watch.

I connect to Holland through NordVPN getting speeds of 80-100mbs and use Google Chrome, but seems to be the same every time.

Does anybody else have the problems, or if not, what does other people do and do they change any settings on their PC or anything?

Thanks in advance.

I streamed through Sweden last time with no issues even though the ping was twice that of Dutch or Norwegian sites.
Posted by: geir, October 7, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
I have the same problem here in Norway. A quick re-load of the page solves the problem. :-)
I guess there is some sort of buffer-problem? Don`t know - but easy to fix.
Posted by: sutton mariner, October 8, 2017, 12:26am; Reply: 7
I use tunnelbear to VPN from Holland and it works superbly.
Posted by: Corkyefes, October 8, 2017, 9:59am; Reply: 8
Watched again yesterday,

Same thing happening and it's p*ssing me off.

After about 30mins it starts to stutter then the second half it just gets worse, to a point where the last 20mins it's basically in watchable.

Really annoying because the first 30 mins are absolutely fine.
Posted by: mirrorballman, October 9, 2017, 10:47am; Reply: 9
I have found switching browsers helped. Chrome was glitchy on Saturday do I switched to Edge. The opposite worked the week before, I don't know why.
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, October 9, 2017, 12:07pm; Reply: 10
I've been using the ipad app with IPVanish and connecting via France.  It's been fairly consistent, it usually freezes once each match (varies first half or second half) then I have to restart the VPN app and the iFollow app.  Once restarted its good for the rest of the game.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 6:46am